MM1988

Free Will

18 posts in this topic

There is no free will. That means all my acrions are pre determined.

But when I become mindfull I can catch thoughts and stop them. So there is free will, or how would I be able to do that.

Or the mindfullness itself and how conscious you become are just more pre determined thoughts and part of unchangeable destiny.

Which is true?

@MM1988 you recognize that you don't have free will when you're unconscious. So let me ask you: did you choose to become mindful? You had to go from being unconscious to conscious, could there be any conceivable outside trigger? 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Anton Rogachevski another topic :P

39 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

There is no free will. That means all my acrions are pre determined.   - 1st line

But when I become mindfull I can catch thoughts and stop them. So there is free will, or how would I be able to do that.     - 2nd line

@MM1988 

think of your 1st line (the experience described by the 1st line) as a page in a book which is read by awareness

now, the same thing for the 2nd line (experience of becoming mindful and having the experience of catching thoughts and the thoughts stopping) ... also a page in a book being read by awareness

it is AWARENESS (not your ego) which does not have any "free will" but to experience whatever arises in your current direct experience . i read somewhere, choice-less awareness. that's a nice term for this.

your ego/mm1988 has apparent free will

when i first encountered the free will / pre-determined stuff. i liked to do a few experiments to test a few things. best ones are about "random" thoughts.

try it by yourself.

pick a number between 1 and 10

say you pick 4

why did you pick 4?

was there any thought process leading to 4?

or did 4 just appear? 

now, think of a random fruit

now you say, grapes

why grapes?

why not banana?

why not apple?

why not any other fruit but grape?

because that's what just appeared . out of the blue

like these words as i type them

but strung together elegantly by the infinite intelligence

BLESS UP

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 hour ago, MM1988 said:

That means all my acrions are pre determined.

That's a delusional thought, that is based on a fundamentally false application of non-dual wisdom.

The reasons:

Free will, pre-determination, no free will - are groundless concepts.

Please stop posting the same topic over and over again.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

@MM1988 Direct experience is more profound than intellectualizing. During your mediation, observe your mind as if it was under a microscope. Pay close attention to the arising of thoughts and actions. From where do thoughts, choices and actions arise. Are you the author of your thoughts? Is there a chooser? Is there a doer? Don't get caught into the trap of intellectualizing. The true realization is through direct experience.

The mental intellectualization is a distraction and a trick the ego uses to maintain control of the narrative. Don't fall into that trap. Sit and observe intensely. If you dare. . .  

@MM1988 I remember when I had my first glimpse of non-duality I was looking at the urge one has to breathe. Are you creating that urge? Or is that urge simply there without "you" doing anything? And once you see that "you" didn't create that aspect of your experience (the breath), you can apply the same form of awareness to see that "you" haven't created anything else about your conscious experience. Existence itself is effortless, it is a spontaneous happening where the concept of cause of effect collapses. For every waking moment of your conscious experience you are always in a situation which you did nothing to create. If there is no past or future, then how could reality be anything but effortless? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

34 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Please stop posting the same topic over and over again.

he can't he's stuck in pre-determinism.

unborn Truth

You are God. Also you are Nothing. Only God is, only God has free will. In other words, You have free will. Well not you because you don’t exist. But as God you have free will, Consciousness is the only doer. You see, there is no you to have free will in the first place. Consciousness, which you are, has free will. 

It’s from the point of the ego that thinks it has or has not free will. Only Consciousness has free will, and you are That. I didn’t write this, God did. 

@youngshinzen Because Consciousness is God, omnipotent, infinite. Don’t you think it’s strange that it wouldn’t have free will?

7 hours ago, ajasatya said:

he can't he's stuck in pre-determinism.

I just dont get what Im even trying to acomplish when I meditate if determinism is true.

Like someone above said, "life is effortless". So when I recognize that life is effortless/determined and as a result Im more relaxed didnt I change my destiny because I will make different choices based on that knowledge? 

6 hours ago, MM1988 said:

So when I recognize that life is effortless/determined and as a result Im more relaxed didnt I change my destiny because I will make different choices based on that knowledge?

realize what you are and free will / determinism will become clear.

unborn Truth