Sven

I am enlightened, ask me some, but definitely not any, thing

97 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, GeoLura said:

@Sven

Good response. Of course i'm not more enlightened, the character that's writing this. Me. Can't be enlightened. 

It's hard to seriously talk about enlightenment, because it's all false. I'd like to talk about it, but when i try, it feels "wrong", anything that can be said about it is a lie. Just more consepts to fill someones head. 

Yes I sigh of relief. A lot of unnecessary energy was wasted in this topic so far, which was never my intent. But this is what happens. And it's fine either way, because it's all ... ... Yeah. Concepts.

You say that everything you can say about it is a lie... Well... Of course that is not completely true. Yes. No words will cover it. But- It's like... you can choose your words around it. Like, you try to describe the colour blue. You can't really say what you see. But you can say that, the sky is blue. Blue is the colour of the water (not really, but you know). In that way you can show stuff which resembles it. And game will recognize game? Something like that.

4 hours ago, Tistepiste said:

What is your direct experience with enlightenment?
How is your internal state of being? The emotions that come up.

When I leave that's when it's there. So it's never "there" completely when I type, because I'm thinking in concepts. But if you recognize the difference between actuality and concepts (Leo has a video on this), you can say "Ah. Okay." and move on. Hmmmm emotions are great, they are what move us. No emotion is like the Flow State, which I get into much more easily now that I stop holding on so much. If you don't know what Flow is, well, it's basically when you're basically not present anymore other than being that which is the activity which is being performed. Professional sporters have this stuff. It's what distinguishes the Master from the Apprentice. But the funny thing is, the Master does not have to be good at something in order for him to be the Master. He just recognizes that in practice is no person involved. George Leonard wrote a masterpiece on this subject, it's a book called "Mastery". And yes, this is still related to your question :P... Emotions are great don't worry. Watch them unfold and look at what you can learn from them. If you have some serious emotional issues, consult a psychologist or talk to someone face to face.

Resisting emotions is like throwing oil on a fire pit which is your suffering, it does not reduce the suffering, it enhances it. If you go through all your emotions when they come up, this is what healing is.

@Sven Interesting. Just clarifying,. I have no problem with emotions in particular, right now. Was just interested in what it feels like, experiencing Being. Is it a constant feeling of love that you feel? Or the your state didn't really change other than the realization?

@Tistepiste Everything changed, yet nothing changed... Love is difficult to explain... Being feels like the absence of feeling... Your state is your state, yeah it changes. And that's why life is not boring. If you were always feeling the same, haha... Imagine that. At one point you would be like "Well, whew. I've sat here for a thousand years under a tree. I am hella enlightened and blissful. But ehhhh now what?"

There is no condition to enlightenment. Either you feel like playing the game or you don't, up to you. Really. No pressure.

Sorry for missing the point of your question earlier! :)

@Sven Please don't excuse yourself!

I am humbled that you took the time to write a reply to me. Thanks a lot for your time and effort!

Would you say your internal internal state is different from your internal state prior to enlightenment?  I would think becoming conscious would eliminate the effect of subconscious thoughts and eliminate anxiety, depression, etc

Edited by Tistepiste

@Tistepiste Oh well no need to feel humbled... All is One remember :P ... What I mean is, everything is the same in that it is different, but everything is also supposed to be the way it is... It sounds like a paradox but it is not really. Either you are anxious about your state or you accept your state, that is somewhat of a choice you have. But you cannot accept yourself more than you can accept yourself. So enlightenment in this way is the recognition of how the Now is all there is, it is okay, you are fine, this is how it's always gonna be... No need to worship. We are all leaves on the same tree or droplets in the same ocean, if you will. But if you prefer one droplet of water over the other, what is this but separating what ultimately is One and the Same? Shakespeare  once said (alegedly) "Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Yeah? No? I know... what the hell did you just read? Or did you get it? Hang up the phone when you get the message is a fun saying. Don't hang up the phone before that though. Genuine curiousity. Yeah : genuine curiousity. Authentic Not Knowing. 

But for your question :P

The internal state is layered in a way. Being is just Being/being. Capital referring to yah know... and lowercase referring to whatever the body/if you're dreaming and being a lizard is doing. But this Being is always there so phew. You can sigh of relief there. No way to lose it. Now you also have emotions and thoughts, which may or may not be anxiously trying to make more of what is than what is. Worrying about worrying. Thinking about thinking. Ask yourself when in a genuinly curious mood (!) "Whose thoughts are this?" And again... NOT MY answer is important. YOUR answer. Anyway, you may or may not come to the realization that indeed thoughts are just like your feet or your hands or whatever. They are there, but you don't have to consciously focus on them you see? That's all. The internal state is a mix of stuff mostly a reflection of your external state. There may be different thoughts when in a rollercoaster than when at a funeral. But really it's not your thoughts anyway. You're observing them silently. Hope you get something out of this. Remember keep it simple okay. It's not so extremely complicated :)

@SvenYou say you can't describe blue but you can give examples like the sky is blue and so on. Could you try to describe the Game for me like that if you can't describe it  please?

1.What is the game?

2.How to stop playing the game?

Thanks in advance

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory Tough question honestly. I think you know what the game is already. It's just THAT. Here it is see? You know the difference between a gene and an allel? Well genes code for a category of genetic information and alleles are one type of genetic information of one said category. For example, when we talk of hair colour, colour is a gene. blond is an allel. brown is an allel. Black is an allel. See? So in this way, we see a hierarchy form. We can give loads of examples. Food chains, political structures, your favourite foods... whatever. Everything is categorized . That is the game. Creating seperation within Unity. That's why when you are truly open minded, everything goes, so to speak. It's the ultimate ultimate. It's the category of categories. It sounds abstract this way but that's language, a filter. It's not in the words. You will stop playing the game when you stop playing the game. But look ... This is what makes it funny. You as a person will not be there when the game stops. You are part of the game. It's like, you mix mashed potatoes with sauce, how are you ever gonna eat just the sauce? No way. See? That's you as a person. Part of the game. When you are not present the game is not either. Don't need to be sitting under a tree for that okay. You can. Sounds wonderful. No need is all I say.

So now, you understand why your second question is rather silly?

43 minutes ago, Sven said:

@Joker_Theory Tough question honestly. I think you know what the game is already. It's just THAT. Here it is see? You know the difference between a gene and an allel? Well genes code for a category of genetic information and alleles are one type of genetic information of one said category. For example, when we talk of hair colour, colour is a gene. blond is an allel. brown is an allel. Black is an allel. See? So in this way, we see a hierarchy form. We can give loads of examples. Food chains, political structures, your favourite foods... whatever. Everything is categorized . That is the game. Creating seperation within Unity. That's why when you are truly open minded, everything goes, so to speak. It's the ultimate ultimate. It's the category of categories. It sounds abstract this way but that's language, a filter. It's not in the words. You will stop playing the game when you stop playing the game. But look ... This is what makes it funny. You as a person will not be there when the game stops. You are part of the game. It's like, you mix mashed potatoes with sauce, how are you ever gonna eat just the sauce? No way. See? That's you as a person. Part of the game. When you are not present the game is not either. Don't need to be sitting under a tree for that okay. You can. Sounds wonderful. No need is all I say.

Thanks and yes lolll it is, i just thought the game was you get rid of the ego and bamm you win and become God easy lmfao...

When you are not present the game is not either. Not sure what you mean by that?

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory Might be too many words causing confusion. Don't worry about it.

@Principium Nexus I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that question... You use the word "ego" in "egoic pursuit"... What do you mean by ego?

@Sven What do you gain by telling or claiming to anyone that you are enlightened? Wouldn't someone who is enlightened be content with how the worlds is without feeling the need to interfer with it?

On 11/03/2019 at 6:03 PM, Sven said:

Please ...

That's child play ...

???

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Principium Nexus Yes but you see... Where does "the world" end and where do "you" begin? Seriously. At what point in making a decision was that "yours"? Was it not a result of the entire cosmos being the way it is? Well ponder that, and if you have, there really is nothing else necessary to  ponder

Edited by Sven
I tag Shin as being full of shit and being egocentric, 1-0 for me

@Sven

Can you say that Being is beyond perception and the relative world? And how can the enlightened ones can know that the experience of animals are the “same” as theirs if animals have some degree of conceptual activity , or is It just especulation ? Because even if animals don't suffer like human beings do ,they still can't let them self free of conceptual activity ( self-survival ) .

13 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@Sven

Can you say that Being is beyond perception and the relative world? And how can the enlightened ones can know that the experience of animals are the “same” as theirs if animals have some degree of conceptual activity , or is It just especulation ? Because even if animals don't suffer like human beings do ,they still can't let them self free of conceptual activity ( self-survival ) .

@Sven Thanks for the video response ,was quite fun , and you pronounced my name ( not a real name in brazil ) a bit strange hahah .

Coincidence that I have the same book that you showed with me right now . Really great book .

Some of my question a got reading this , the ''conceptual activity'' and the '' self survival'' are from there but maybe i'm confusing enlightenment with other comtemplating stuff . Thank you Sven .

@Sven

What exactly do you mean when you say "I am enlightened"?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

What exactly do you mean when you say "I am enlightened"?

@Preetom That he is fully enlightened hahah 

33 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Preetom That he is fully enlightened hahah 

That doesn't answer the question. What is the significance of that declaration?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''