Wisebaxter

Is my Girlfriend Really an Illusion?

168 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

the funny thing though is that there isn't a direct evidence of her existence, or is there ? Because if I say, I see her, it is already a belief

@Dumb Enlightened This is something I've grappled with as well, but now, after relying on my actual experience, I've realised that the things we see and experience, do exist, because we have the evidence right there. There is an object there. Any beliefs you have about your girlfriend that make up who she is (including her beliefs) are the thing usually referred to as an illusion. Look though, there she is, we can't deny that. As soon as we start doubting what's in our actual experience, we get a bit lost. But I think, when we start adding concepts on top of that, that's when things get confusing and the mind gets in the way. I've decided to stop thinking about it now and just focus on what's 'actual,' with no mind present. The longer you do that for, the more likely you are of realising the truth in your experience, without mind. There are truths to become conscious of, such as, apparently, the fact that you and your girlfriend are the same thing, you're one, but if that's focused on as a concept, this gets in the way of actually experiencing it? 

11 hours ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

if all my memories right now just vanish, and I was in a room full of people, would I know that ' I, a human being, a man, was in a room, with other people', 

This is an interesting thought experiment. What you're referring to is residing in a sense of 'no self,' or 'not knowing.' In this scenario you merge completely with perception and there is no observer and observed, just experience. This seems to me a powerful state that is very close to 'truth.' It can be manufactured throughout the day I find, again by letting go of mind. 

Please anyone come in and correct me on any of this as I'm very conscious I may be giving wrong advice or steering people in the wrong direction. I've suffered with monkey mind and a fixation on theory for a long time and I'm only just starting to move away from that into my heart more

Edited by Wisebaxter

1 hour ago, Wisebaxter said:

There is an object there.

there is no observer and observed

thing

this gets in the way of actually experiencing it

close to

anyone

I'm only just starting to move away from that into my heart more

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Dumb Enlightened This is something I've grappled with as well, but now, after relying on my actual experience, I've realised that the things we see and experience, do exist, because we have the evidence right there. There is an object there. Any beliefs you have about your girlfriend that make up who she is (including her beliefs) are the thing usually referred to as an illusion. Look though, there she is, we can't deny that. As soon as we start doubting what's in our actual experience, we get a bit lost. But I think, when we start adding concepts on top of that, that's when things get confusing and the mind gets in the way. I've decided to stop thinking about it now and just focus on what's 'actual,' with no mind present. The longer you do that for, the more likely you are of realising the truth in your experience, without mind. There are truths to become conscious of, such as, apparently, the fact that you and your girlfriend are the same thing, you're one, but if that's focused on as a concept, this gets in the way of actually experiencing it? 

This is an interesting thought experiment. What you're referring to is residing in a sense of 'no self,' or 'not knowing.' In this scenario you merge completely with perception and there is no observer and observed, just experience. This seems to me a powerful state that is very close to 'truth.' It can be manufactured throughout the day I find, again by letting go of mind. 

Please anyone come in and correct me on any of this as I'm very conscious I may be giving wrong advice or steering people in the wrong direction. I've suffered with monkey mind and a fixation on theory for a long time and I'm only just starting to move away from that into my heart more

Exactly, sometimes I also think a lot about theory and theory and actually it doesn't help much, I've had lots of awakenings already but  nothing permanent yet, and I'm actually getting tired of talking and reading about, we tend to theorize too much about something that is difficult to be intellectually understood. I believe that letting go of the mind knowledge is the best way to do it

1 hour ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

Exactly, sometimes I also think a lot about theory and theory and actually it doesn't help much, I've had lots of awakenings already but  nothing permanent yet, and I'm actually getting tired of talking and reading about, we tend to theorize too much about something that is difficult to be intellectually understood. I believe that letting go of the mind knowledge is the best way to do it

@Dumb Enlightened Yeah definitely, I haven't had any awakenings yet, mainly because my mind is such a powerful force in my life. I've spend many years doing nothing but intellectualising. I've had big insights that have changed by consciousness, perhaps raised it, but nothing I'd consider mystical. I'm gearing up for a 250ug dose of LSD soon though. Had 150ug for my first one. Maybe I'll get a breakthrough, although apparently LSD isn't the best for this. Right now just a ton of self inquiry and observation practice seems to be getting me somewhere. Have you done many psychedelics? 

@Dumb Enlightened Yeah definitely, I haven't had any awakenings yet, mainly because my mind is such a powerful force in my life. I've spend many years doing nothing but intellectualising. I've had big insights that have changed by consciousness, perhaps raised it, but nothing I'd consider mystical. I'm gearing up for a 250ug dose of LSD soon though. Had 150ug for my first one. Maybe I'll get a breakthrough, although apparently LSD isn't the best for this. Right now just a ton of self inquiry and observation practice seems to be getting me somewhere. Have you done many psychedelics? 

I haven't used any psychedelics yet, I would like to try 5 meo dmt but I didn't find where to buy, here it is illegal and I don't know anyone who sells it, the awakenings I had happened while I was trying to be 100% aware all day long, it requires a lot of will in the begging because the mind gets lost in useless thoughts, and then I would start again when I noticed that I was lost in thought. Notice right now that you are aware, and try to "hold" it, try doing all your activities being aware that you are aware, eventually something will happen

The girlfriend, the one who has the girlfriend, the very mechanism that makes this question possible, the very cognition of illusion - all of it is a simultaneous illusion. 

None of it has self-awareness. That means their existence isn't absolutely verifiable.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''