Wisebaxter

Is my Girlfriend Really an Illusion?

168 posts in this topic

It's all just a silly dream B|

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 2/20/2019 at 8:03 PM, Wisebaxter said:

@abrakamowse But what about the Self, the true self, not the ego, that's not an illusion right? So is that part of her real? Is it only the form I see that Leo is saying doesn't exist? That makes more sense

That's correct. The only real thing is the true self = God = Brahman = Reality = etc, etc..... nature... THAT, consciousness, awareness... etc and more etc

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 21.02.2019 at 1:45 AM, Wisebaxter said:

After having sex with her tonight I brought up the idea that I don't actually know if she exists.

@Wisebaxter That is right. Can you really know if she exists? Does it really stop you from interacting with her? What does it say about the relationship between your intellect and what happens around you? Is your intellect really in control if you can do something with things you have solid idea about?

Leo said in his recent video that nobody exists but me, so why can I see and interact with all of these other bodies moving around?

The sense of separate self is grounded in distinctions that are not grounded in anything. You have learned to associate the extents of your 'physical' existence to your skin, but if you actually study your direct experience, then you will know that your distinctions make reality tangible. If you were raised in the Amazon jungle, would a monitor be a monitor? If you were a ferret, would a monitor be a monitor?

What is meant when somebody says that you are all there is, is simply that how you define you is arbitrary.
Study it and see how reality changes in response.

Also, why am I spending all my time loving them if they're just an illusion?

It's not 'just an illusion'. Illusion is all there is.
You are disappointed in it because you're still buying it and expecting to gain anything by gambling your life on it.
If you truly get it, then all there is is just enjoying the ride. There is no reason to change and fight it.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

13 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

Thanks for throwing a positive story out there to help me get a little perspective. Am gearing up for my next trip and was feeling a bit paranoid. 

Of course. It largely depends on you. As I started experimenting with various substances I found I could handle it exceptionally well. Now the 1000ug experience I mentioned was so intense I experienced a large degree of resistance including some urge to vomit and being in another world was quite jarring but the #1 thing that got me through every experience whether it was DMT, Salvia, DXM, LSD etc was to BREATHE. If its getting intense focus on your breathe and nothing else. This helped me tremendously to surrender. Also positive encouragement like "I got this" helps too. You just gotta flow with it.

29 minutes ago, tsuki said:

It's not 'just an illusion'. Illusion is all there is.
You are disappointed in it because you're still buying it and expecting to gain anything by gambling your life on it.
If you truly get it, then all there is is just enjoying the ride. There is no reason to change and fight it.

?? No reason at all

@Wisebaxter

Illusion

apparition; “delusion of the mind”...

"a mocking, deceit, deception” 

"to play with", from assimilated form of in- "at, upon" or ludere: "to play" (see ludicrous).

Sense of "deceptive appearance"..."full of illusions"

All these things are not as they seem?

@Wisebaxter Just started reading "Know Yourself" An explation of the oneness of being. So I came accross this quote and wanted to share it here.

"The World is imagination. Yet in reality it is real"

7 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Wisebaxter Just started reading "Know Yourself" An explation of the oneness of being. So I came accross this quote and wanted to share it here.

"The World is imagination. Yet in reality it is real"

Nice. 

You book reader:P

Edited by Jack River

On 20/02/2019 at 9:45 PM, Wisebaxter said:

After having sex with her tonight I brought up the idea that I don't actually know if she exists. She assured me she does and sounded convincing, so what's going on here? Leo said in his recent video that nobody exists but me, so why can I see and interact with all of these other bodies moving around? Also, why am I spending all my time loving them if they're just an illusion? Yeah I know, more concepts and mental masturbation here, but I can't help it. This idea of me being the only thing that exists seems completely implausible and is making me doubt it all, which hasn't happened in ages. Please, can one of you, although you may not actually exist, explain what's going on? 

You have to make a distinction between the you/the one who is aware and you the thought/self, because the you that you think you are, that is a thought, this one doesn't exist, so by logic, neither does your girlfriend. But the aware you, the you who exists without thought, is the only thing that exist, you look at your girlfriend and you think you are aware of a girl, but the only proof that you have of a girl existing is being aware, so you are aware of awareness itself and a thought comes and say it's a girl. If the thoughts stop your world ends, so do you and everybody else.

On 2/21/2019 at 0:45 AM, Wisebaxter said:

After having sex with her tonight I brought up the idea that I don't actually know if she exists. She assured me she does and sounded convincing, so what's going on here? Leo said in his recent video that nobody exists but me, so why can I see and interact with all of these other bodies moving around? Also, why am I spending all my time loving them if they're just an illusion? Yeah I know, more concepts and mental masturbation here, but I can't help it. This idea of me being the only thing that exists seems completely implausible and is making me doubt it all, which hasn't happened in ages. Please, can one of you, although you may not actually exist, explain what's going on? 

@Wisebaxter ok first point...asking these kinds of questions is DEFINITELY a good sign. You get people who just like how spirituality sounds and all the "chilled-out-ness" about and "awwhhuu mannn I feeeeel the universe let's to drugs." Asking these kinds of questions reveals that your actually looking for truth and your not pretending...perfect starting grounds! 

Ok...I wouldn't recommend talking to other people about the "teachings" of spirituality until you understand them from your experience. You will know it plainly, and you won't know it like you "know" mathematics, you'll know it like you know your mother's touch, deep, unspoken "non-knowledge knowing" more like being. So the way your talking to your gf about the fact that she doesent exist won't accomplish much... especially because you do not realise what you mean. When the "being-knowledge" comes you won't need to ask other people if they exist or not. For now it's important that you neither believe or doubt spiritual teachings. Because technically there are no real spiritual teachings. Do not lean unto your own understanding at all, in all of what you do, acknowledge god and he will direct the path himself. 

If I give you the answer you must not believe it ok. Do not assume I am right or you'll be trapped. But this is why your girlfriend does not exist. This is how it works, when you search and search and search for yourself until you realise that there isn't one single point that is "you" (and yet you still exist separate from your human qualities), you realise that you are the consciousness by which the human (you) is perceived. This also means that everything is you because you then realise that everything is consciousness and any context or depth is just your mind adding to it. Theres a lot I still don't fully grasp experientially yet myself. But one rule I think is good is "don't talk about spiritual things until you understand them experientially." 

The "other bodies moving around" that your talking about are random movements of shapes and colours that your brain is adding information to. Even the idea that you have a brain is a concept constructed by a mixture between the sensations within your head and just pure concept and imagination. 

But mate...I'm doing the same thing, I don't have an experiential revelation of how "other people" and "reality" isint real. So technically I still don't believe it. It isint something that is meant to be believed, and once it's seen it won't require belief.

The only thing the matters are the practises...making sure your doing them well, fully...making sure your not wandering into imagination and concept. Doing retreats and stuff.

6 hours ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

you look at your girlfriend and you think you are aware of a girl, but the only proof that you have of a girl existing is being aware, so you are aware of awareness itself and a thought comes and say it's a girl. If the thoughts stop your world ends, so do you and everybody else.

@Shadowraix That does make sense, thanks. Does it mean though that I'm also perceiving the awareness that 'she' is at certain points, like when we connect really deeply, or when I look in her eyes and see the life there? 

@Aaron p Thanks a lot for all that man, I really loved reading it. It's nice to get some encouragement for asking these questions because quite often I feel like it's pointless, given that, like you say, there are no spiritual truths outside of our direct experience. Over the past week or two I've really been going in heavy on the practices and I'm realising more and more where the truth lies (in what's actual) and how bogged down in concepts I've been. There are some concepts that point to the actual quite nicely, but there seem to be more than tie you in knots, especially at an early stage of development. From here on in I'm going to stay as focused on the present moment as I can and not get lost in monkey mind.

5 hours ago, Aaron p said:

The "other bodies moving around" that your talking about are random movements of shapes and colours that your brain is adding information to.

This is something that often perplexes me. If it's only the mind that adds meaning and distinctions to things, how come I can perceive separation between things, like leaves on the road etc? Whether my mind adds meaning or not they seem to be separate leaves...even if I make my mind blank, I can see two distinct objects in my sense perception. Uh oh, damn monkey's off again...lol

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter Loving that this thread is still going. Lol.   Your likability is off the charts, it just pervades. 

I wonder, if relative to ‘where you’re at’...maybe you could pause on the ‘how is it an illusion’...and consider you just might have an a priori real, instead. Perhaps it’d be fun for the two of you to do together. Maybe use your phones or tablets, or whatever, and see who can get to the bottom of what real actually is /means, first. Not spiritually or philosophically, but “regular” style. One google after another. What are the leaves in the road? What are they made of? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Shadowraix

8 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

the #1 thing that got me through every experience whether it was DMT, Salvia, DXM, LSD etc was to BREATHE. If its getting intense focus on your breathe and nothing else. This helped me tremendously to surrender. Also positive encouragement like "I got this" helps too. You just gotta flow with it.

Cheers bro that advice might really save my ass in a pinch

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Wisebaxter Loving that this thread is still going. Lol.   Your likability is off the charts, it just pervades. 

@Nahm Aww dude, that really made me feel good, hearing that. Thanks for putting that out there. I don't have the best self esteem (working on it) so a comment like that makes a big difference. You're a pretty swell guy yourself Nahm. In fact everyone on this forum is awesome...such a responsive, helpful community. I feel humbled that so many people are taking the time to help me discover the truth. Thanks to all of you guys and gals, love you all!! 

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Your likability is off the charts, it just pervades. 

I want a Baxter doll. ? 

@Serotoninluv Haha when you squeeze it you get responses like 'I love you, but are you real?' Or 'why can't I think my way to enlightenment?' 

Edited by Wisebaxter

13 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Shadowraix That does make sense, thanks. Does it mean though that I'm also perceiving the awareness that 'she' is at certain points, like when we connect really deeply, or when I look in her eyes and see the life there? 

Yeah , When you wake up you will see some kind of life force coming out of everything, you look at the wall and the wall will be alive, 

9 minutes ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

Yeah , When you wake up you will see some kind of life force coming out of everything, you look at the wall and the wall will be alive, 

Even my underpant is alive xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Even my underpant is alive xD

just because you don’t change your girlfriends that often doesn’t mean you shouldn’t change your underpants once in a while...

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

just because you don’t change your girlfriends that often doesn’t mean you shouldn’t change your underpants once in a while...

@now is forever I can wear one pair for three days running as I don't move around much :) it's a superpower.