Wisebaxter

Is my Girlfriend Really an Illusion?

168 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

I brought up the idea that I don't actually know if she exists. She assured me she does and sounded convincing, so what's going on here?

Lol

Your logic is like this:

Doctor: "Bob, you've got psychosis. You are hallucinating demons."

Bob: "But doctor! How could that be so? Hold on doc, let me check. Hey, demon! Come here. Now answer me truthfully demon: You really exist right? I can trust you right?"

Demon: "Yes, of course you can trust me Bob. I'm totally real. I would never lie to you."

Bob: "Ah good. I knew I wasn't crazy. See doctor! I'm not crazy. I asked the demon and it assured me that it's real and it sounded convincing. So what's going on here doctor? How do you explain it?"

Demon: "Don't trust anything the doctor says Bob. Better yet, maybe you should just kill him. After all, he's clearly a bad doctor if he thinks you're crazy. If you don't kill him, this doctor might harm many innocent patients like yourself over his long career. So yeah, it's best if you kill him and make a soup out of his remains. There's good nutrition in those bones. Would be a shame to let those juicy bones go to waste. Quickly now! Just bonk him over the head with this hammer."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Your logic is like this:

Bob: "But doctor! How could that be so? Hold on doc, let me check. Hey, demon! Come here. Now answer me truthfully demon: You really exist right? I can trust you right?"

Demon: "Yes, of course you can trust me Bob. I'm totally real."

Bob: "Ah good. I knew I wasn't crazy. See doctor! I'm not crazy. I asked the demon and it assured me that it's real and it sounded convincing. So what's going on here doctor? How do you explain it?"

Demon: "Don't trust anything the doctor says Bob. Better yet, maybe you should just kill him. After all, he's clearly a bad doctor if he thinks you're crazy. If you don't kill him, this doctor might harm many innocent patients like yourself over his long career. So yeah, it's best if you kill him and make a soup out of his remains. There's good nutrition in those bones. Would be a shame to let those juicy bones go to waste."

You really want to die,

Don't you ? ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The whole point of an illusion is to seem real. In fact real and illusion are one in the same.

Although you must consider there not only is absolute truth, there is relative truth. You can't deny this relative experience despite knowing the absolute truth of it. You as an ego are an illusion interacting with other illusion. And thats fine. Accept that. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the illusion. You're here so might as well make the best of it. 

I think reading the Kyballion might be of aid for you in helping acknowledge the relative. There's free pdfs of it online. 

Think of a single computer creating AIs as intelligent as whats in star trek. Different 'beings' but created by the same thing. Humans really are just computers with self re-programming abilities. We are the self-aware AI we fear so much!

Of course be wary of what realizations you ask for, too much is scary for the ego

Your gf is beyond real vs illusion, your gf is the truth.

Edited by Truth Addict

"I am he
As you are he
As you are me
And we are all together"

How is the world not you? if it is literally coming out of you.

but at the same time, you are the others. 

Edited by SgtPepper

8 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

LSD in high doses gives you "death" with your worst fears manifested into visions and beings that tear you apart.

@TheAvatarState Holy shit man, you basically described my experience exactly.

@Wisebaxter Don't do it man. Took 600ug of LSD one night because I was chasing that sweet ego death, and I got it. But boy oh boy did it get messy. Destroyed my apartment and got handcuffed by the police after breaking into an off duty police officers house. This was literally my worst fears manifesting, the police. It'll help you purge for sure, but trust me, there are easier ways. The after-effects of that trip have been manifesting for 5 months, I'm still letting go of the emotions that begun to flood forth on that trip.

On that trip I wasn't sure what the fuck was real. The ego-death was not smooth at all, have taken 5-MeO in a ceremony and it was beautiful. Will be doing it again for sure, high dose of acid, maybe but I'd approach it with more caution than anything I've ever done before in my life. Like mars landing level of caution.

You've been warned. If you have to do it, you have to do it. But have a trip sitter without question.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

maybe you should just kill him. After all, he's clearly a bad doctor if he thinks you're crazy. If you don't kill him, this doctor might harm many innocent patients like yourself over his long career. So yeah, it's best if you kill him and make a soup out of his remains. There's good nutrition in those bones. Would be a shame to let those juicy bones go to waste. Quickly now! Just bonk him over the head with this hammer."

relax

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Your logic is like this:

Demon: "Yes, of course you can trust me Bob. I'm totally real. I would never lie to you."

Demon: "Don't trust anything the doctor says Bob. Better yet, maybe you should just kill him. After all, he's clearly a bad doctor if he thinks you're crazy. If you don't kill him, this doctor might harm many innocent patients like yourself over his long career. So yeah, it's best if you kill him and make a soup out of his remains. There's good nutrition in those bones. Would be a shame to let those juicy bones go to waste. Quickly now! Just bonk him over the head with this hammer."

@Leo Gura there's a lot of conflicting viewpoints on this thread, which is the problem when dealing with language I suppose. Some say she's all that exists, that she's the truth, others are saying she's both real and illusion...you're saying she's pure fiction. I think I'll have to just go with what's there for now 

Edited by Wisebaxter

4 hours ago, Bluebird said:

@Wisebaxter Don't do it man. Took 600ug of LSD one night because I was chasing that sweet ego death, and I got it. But boy oh boy did it get messy. Destroyed my apartment and got handcuffed by the police after breaking into an off duty police officers house. This was literally my worst fears manifesting, the police. It'll help you purge for sure, but trust me, there are easier ways. The after-effects of that trip have been manifesting for 5 months, I'm still letting go of the emotions that begun to flood forth on that trip.

On that trip I wasn't sure what the fuck was real. The ego-death was not smooth at all, have taken 5-MeO in a ceremony and it was beautiful. Will be doing it again for sure, high dose of acid, maybe but I'd approach it with more caution than anything I've ever done before in my life. Like mars landing level of caution.

You've been warned. If you have to do it, you have to do it. But have a trip sitter without question.

@Bluebird Yeah you mentioned this before when I was gearing up for my first trip. Sounds really tough dude, I'm sorry you had that experience. I'm not going to take 600ug so I don't think I need a trip sitter. I don't have anyone for that anyway. Thank you for the warning though. I hope you feel better soon and work through those emotions ok

Edited by Wisebaxter

7 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

I think reading the Kyballion might be of aid for you in helping acknowledge the relative. There's free pdfs of it online. 

Thanks man I'll do that

@Wisebaxter She is YOU!

Lol

You're just talking to yourself in this thread. There's no one here but you.

Do not mistake what I am saying for solipsism. As I have said before, nonduality is not solipsism. It's not that you gf or the demon is unreal. It's that they are facets of universal mind (YOU).

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Wisebaxter She is YOU!

Lol

You're just talking to yourself in this thread. There's no one here but you.

Do not mistake what I am saying for solipsism.

@Leo Gura Does that mean that the stuff she comes out with, when she talks, is just a projection of my mind? It's whatever I think she should say? Just like you're typing whatever I think you should type? Also, aren't you having the same experience in your relative field, which means everything is you. So everything is both me and you....that's starting to make sense. So you do exist there as a thing....but it's the context of what you are as that thing that needs to be examined...

But if everything I do is your projection and everything you do is my projection...who's projection is the correct one? What I'm basically asking is, are you there Leo....are you really there? You seem to be. I've been watching your videos for years and learning so much. Or have I just been creating you in my experience and teaching myself? 

Edited by Wisebaxter

Is this an illusion ?

Sans titre.png

God is love

And God in them

@Wisebaxter confusion related to non-duality comes from not understand what "you" or "i" points at. it happens because you haven't integrated enough mystical experiences yet. you are confused about YOU.

"others are illusions" is a consequence of the fact that nothing has a separated individuality. even though the mind separates aspects of Reality, the separation is not a fundamental thing.

Unity lives through you and through your girlfriend, as you and your girlfriend at the same time.

unborn Truth

@Shin No, I'd have to say that the image appears very clear to me. My experience is, the image is there...

@ajasatya Thank you, that's very helpful and clear. What would you say is the best way to get a mystical experience under my belt quickly? I have some LSD but people are saying ego death on that is very unpleasant. 5-MeO DMT? Or just loads of self inquiry? 

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not mistake what I am saying for solipsism. As I have said before, nonduality is not solipsism. It's not that you gf or the demon is unreal. It's that they are facets of universal mind (YOU).

@Leo Gura Ok, that's cleared things up a bit, thanks. I was seeing existence and non-existence through an egoic perspective. So from an ego's perspective, she exists but in terms of the true Self, there is just me aka God

Seek balance and peace.

Seeking an experience is extremely neurotic.

God is love

And God in them

15 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

What would you say is the best way to get a mystical experience under my belt quickly?

i'm sorry to say it but it can't be done quickly, considering your current level of attachment.

you have to notice the waves of the mind and learn its tricks. it takes time to build up enough wisdom until the mind becomes able to understand the patterns, the deceptions and the limitations of the mind. the final output of the discipline is a mind that knows how to surrender.

have a good time, take good care of the body and embrace Life, for you are not something that True Nature shouldn't be.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@Wisebaxter No, what she's saying it not dictated by your ego.

You and I are identical, nothing.

The mistake you're making is you're getting too attached to perceptions and forms.

Consider: you could have perceptions of there while I have perceptions over here, yet we are still one. I am still you. In the same way that the entire universe is one thing.

7 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

"I am he
As you are he
As you are me
And we are all together"

How is the world not you? if it is literally coming out of you.

but at the same time, you are the others. 

'When you've seen beyond yourself 
Then you may find peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you'

'Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void,
It is shining, it is shining.

Yet you may see the meaning of within
It is being, it is being

Love is all and love is everyone
It is knowing, it is knowing'