Wisebaxter

Is my Girlfriend Really an Illusion?

168 posts in this topic

After having sex with her tonight I brought up the idea that I don't actually know if she exists. She assured me she does and sounded convincing, so what's going on here? Leo said in his recent video that nobody exists but me, so why can I see and interact with all of these other bodies moving around? Also, why am I spending all my time loving them if they're just an illusion? Yeah I know, more concepts and mental masturbation here, but I can't help it. This idea of me being the only thing that exists seems completely implausible and is making me doubt it all, which hasn't happened in ages. Please, can one of you, although you may not actually exist, explain what's going on? 

Edited by Wisebaxter

Don't overthink!

xD

Both are awareness, she is awareness and you too. As I said before, you are talking from both perspectives. Both are true! hehehe...

She is an illusion, but you are too... and both are real, because you and her are one.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse But what about the Self, the true self, not the ego, that's not an illusion right? So is that part of her real? Is it only the form I see that Leo is saying doesn't exist? That makes more sense

@Wisebaxter This point of existence vs. nonexistence... it's quite dualistic. From one perspective, yes, you're the only thing that exists, but from her perspective, she is the only thing that exists. So your perspective that she doesn't exist is only partial. So let me ask you a question: how do you know that you exist? What does "existence" even mean?  

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

3 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Wisebaxter This point of existence vs. nonexistence... it's quite dualistic. From one perspective, yes, you're the only thing that exists, but from her perspective, she is the only thing that exists. So your perspective that she doesn't exist is only partial. So let me ask you a question: how do you know that you exist? What does "existence" even mean?  

Well I know that 'I am' as that's part of my experience. I know that I am awareness at the very least. But as for her, I don't know if she's even there and not just a projection of my mind. So you're saying that she is 'there' and she's having a similar experience of existence to me? Ok, I can dig that. She certainly looks like she's there. It's safe to assume she's part of awareness too then. I dunno, I'm just caught up in crazy theories again. When someone who's had enlightenment experiences says 'you're the only thing that exists' it just confuses the hell out of me as it's not in my direct experience, which we're supposed to be relying on

3 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

When someone who's had enlightenment experiences says 'you're the only thing that exists' it just confuses the hell out of me as it's not in my direct experience, which we're supposed to be relying on

It's inherent in experience across the board. Look —SEE ? 

Edited by Jack River

11 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

But what about the Self, the true self, not the ego, that's not an illusion right? So is that part of her real? Is it only the form I see that Leo is saying doesn't exist? That makes more sense

@Wisebaxter see for yourself man , stop looking for others answers , stop hearing Leo and star looking for yourself , you seem very confuse and nobody but you are gonna get you out of that . 

10 minutes ago, Jack River said:

what is the reality of both illusions(the real)?? 

Ok, the reality is, I can see a creature that calls itself my girlfriend. It seems to look similar to me in a lot of ways and sounds the same as well, although it does have questionable tastes in movies. So the illusion is the reality? This is what throws me off balance. What I see is both real and not real? 

Just now, tecladocasio said:

@Wisebaxter see for yourself man , stop looking for others answers , stop hearing Leo and star looking for yourself , you seem very confuse and nobody but you are gonna get you out of that . 

Yeah I get that ultimately I have to experience what's real. But in the past I've found that having help from others can guide me on where to look and help me avoid pitfalls. No shit I'm confused though :) Don't you find some of this stuff confusing? 

1 minute ago, Wisebaxter said:

What I see is both real and not real? 

@Wisebaxter No , what you see is real , what you think you see is not real , stop overcomplicating things . You can only get confuse about reality if you start imagining things that do not exists . 

So the illusion is the reality?

Where ever there is illusion, you can be sure there is a reality as well. 

2 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

What I see is both real and not real? 

It’s all real...but what is the essence (what is essential) to “the real”?

@Wisebaxter You have to realize that the phrase "you are the only thing that exists" refers to the True self which is by definition universal, God, Teotl. You can connect with that through direct experience, but that's really advanced. Of course, the paradox is that you have to give up your notion that you're the only thing that exists, in order to realize what it actually means. I think your understanding of this phrase is still egoic, like your experience, your body, etc. is the only thing that exists. In a nondual understanding, existence and nonexistence collapse and you're left with the realization that everything is you. But not the "you" you think of right now, a much much much grander you, infinity, that encompasses everything. Does this make sense? So it's almost a disservice to say "you are the only thing that exists" because it invariably leads to confusion and alienation, when the actual Truth is pointing to understanding and union. 

Sent from my iEgo

Just now, tecladocasio said:

@Wisebaxter No , what you see is real , what you think you see is not real , stop overcomplicating things . You can only get confuse about reality if you start imagining things that do not exists . 

Ok, but I thought I was supposed to be living in a dream, an illusion...

2 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

Don't you find some of this stuff confusing? 

very confusing , for the mind , the mind confuse itself . Life is very simple , no confusion possible .

Ok, but I thought I was supposed to be living in a dream, an illusion...

Maybe the illusion(dream) lives in or as you?

Ok, but I thought I was supposed to be living in a dream, an illusion..

@Wisebaxter Created by you . Life has nothing to do with you and your illusions .

@TheAvatarState Ok, that's clear, thank you. I am feeling very egoic right now. Perhaps my confusion lies in the non-dual nature of things, in other words, that things both exist and don't exist. I'm just trying to get that in my experience but I guess I'll need to do more of the practices for that. 

@Wisebaxter No worries bro, you're doing great! The answers will come.

Sent from my iEgo

25 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@abrakamowse But what about the Self, the true self, not the ego, that's not an illusion right? So is that part of her real? Is it only the form I see that Leo is saying doesn't exist? That makes more sense

There is only illusions, so she is as real as it gets.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them