Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cena655

Is this the Dark Night of the Soul?

3 posts in this topic

Background story:

In summer 2018  I was doing self inquiry every single day. During that time I had 2 short glimpses of the Truth. Unfortunately, they only lasted for a few hours. 

In September 2018 I started my studies at the university. As you can imagine I had to attend classes, do lots of "distance learnings" at home and prepare myself for the tests. As a result, I completely forgot about my spiritual journey. I stopped my self inquiry practice.

Now:

Over 6 months have passed by and I feel like trash. I don't find anything meaningful anymore. I get no pleasure by doing the same things I used to do before. Depression has become my daily friend now. I just suck at socializing with people, because as I said earlier I just find it meaningless. It gets worse especially when I get ill. Because I would constantly think about dying. (and that feels like hell) 

Am I in the dark night of soul? I really want to get out of it. It just sucks so badly!! I want to start my daily practice again and overcome this shit. 

@cena655 Yes, you're in it. I know because I empathize with you as someone who is starting to come out of it and gain the proper perspective. You just have to know that it takes time, and that a huge change like that really make you reel back to "lick your wounds" so to speak. Believe it or not, this Dark Night is necessary, unavoidable, and giving you the strength needed to charge ahead. It's par for the course, my friend. The mark of a true spiritual path is often a complete avoidance, fall, turning away near the beginning. This is because your soul truly knows where it's going. What's at stake. But the fact you're here asking about it means that it's still calling you...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Well, this might just be depression, you know? A chemical imbalance...

I am always reluctant to spiritualize things. So if I were you, I’d seek professional help and take a break from spiritual practices.

Also, a stressful lifestyle can trigger depression.

I hope you feel better!