Eric Tarpall

What if nothingness seperates objects instead of connecting them?

17 posts in this topic

That makes more sense to me. But it's still a weird situation. Things existing or not existing blows my mind. No matter how you slice it reality is a magical thing.

Edited by Eric Tarpall

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Be careful to not think of separation and unity in a dualistic way.

It does both, simultaneously.

I think you'd be fond of looking about "Pantheism". I've discovered it a while back, thanks to Leo and it's the most wholesome form Philosophical spirituality that I've personally found so far. I will admit the part of nothing-ness is SO hard to grasp because Pantheism talks about everyone and everything being one and Divine. I will admit that personally I've felt the "Nothing-ness" inside and it's a humbling feeling (feeling that deep down I am nothing). Moves you to tears. I'm still not sure of it and so I have like yourself, posted about it but maybe it helps letting you know that I too wonder the same as well. It's really hard to ponder.

What if the only way to know is to become it and everything else is just a silly idea in your mind ? B|

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

31 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Be careful to not think of separation and unity in a dualistic way.

It does both, simultaneously.

I don't know. It seems weird to me that you can be seperated and connected simultaniously. 

22 minutes ago, Shir said:

I think you'd be fond of looking about "Pantheism".

I'll check it out.

19 minutes ago, Shin said:

What if the only way to know is to become it and everything else is just a silly idea in your mind ? B|

It seems silly to me to put effort into becoming something when I don't even know if it's real. You know? I'll just wait until I die.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Eric Tarpall Don't infect others with your own ignorance.

I'm not preaching. Just asking questions. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I don't know. It seems weird to me that you can be seperated and connected simultaniously. 

260px-Yin_yang.svg.png

Separate yet connected at the same time.

Unity contains all separation inside of it.

Its simply a different perspective of the same thing.

Nonduality isn't meant to replace duality but see where the duality is contained.

You're not gonna know if it's real by doing mental masturbation xD

Meditate the whole day, then focus really hard on an object, boom you got a Samadhi and you will know it's true.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

16 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Unity contains all separation inside of it.

But what's connecting everything? If you get stabbed I don't feel anything. Even if I'm right next to you there's no pain signals traveling from your body to my body. You would think there's a ripple effect if everything is connected.

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

You're not gonna know if it's real by doing mental masturbation xD

Meditate the whole day, then focus really hard on an object, boom you got a Samadhi and you will know it's true.

I'm willing to sacrifice 24 hours of my time I guess. On a saturday. My focusing skills are pretty good.

@Eric Tarpall  I think it is easier for the mind to get direct experience with one "everything" than nothing.

Look around your room and imagine there is one everything. Now pick up a thing that is not everything. A pen? Nope. A chair? Nope. A thought? Nope. So, there is no thing. 

Your question about connectivity assumes a concept of connectivity you will need to let go of to have direct experience as one everything.

30 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

But what's connecting everything? If you get stabbed I don't feel anything. Even if I'm right next to you there's no pain signals traveling from your body to my body. You would think there's a ripple effect if everything is connected.

Absolutely nothing. The only thing connecting it is itself. You are asking this question from the perspective of the ego. I would not think there would be a ripple effect. You seem to be considering some linear causation.

What are YOU and what am I? I may not be able to perceive your experience and you may not be able to perceive mine but the same thing is responsible and perceiving both of our experiences. Nonduality contains duality. Getting stabbed causes a reaction inside the body, of pain and so on. It does affect everything outside of it, but not as dramatically as you think.

Edited by Shadowraix

@Shadowraix Indeed, and he IS that same thing, just as you are.

He just is not conscious of it from his own ego's perspective.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura I didn't get the vibe that he was intentionally trying to infect others with ignorance, but that he was merely pondering.

I could be mistaken of course.  @Eric Tarpall That's what a paradox is.  It will blow the finite mind.  Your finite mind will never be able to grapple with consciousness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think it is easier for the mind to get direct experience with one "everything" than nothing.

I think nothingness exist but objects also exist. And currently I don't see a connection between them but maybe I will some day.

22 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Getting stabbed causes a reaction inside the body, of pain and so on. It does affect everything outside of it, but not as dramatically as you think.

Yeah maybe that wasn't a good analogy. If you get stabbed in one hand your other hand doesn't feel it.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:55 PM, Eric Tarpall said:

I think nothingness exist but objects also exist. And currently I don't see a connection between them but maybe I will some day.

Your thoughts won't lead you to the direct experience. Those thoughts are muddying the water. Shut off the intellectual mind and start observing.

6 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

They are the same thing.

6 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Yeah maybe that wasn't a good analogy. If you get stabbed in one hand your other hand doesn't feel it.

Contemplate on this more. Especially on what being 'connected' is. Looks like you have some assumptions of what its suppose to entail.