Nihal217

Had a No-Self experience, needs help

14 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I had a no-self experience 3-4 months ago. I was wondering how common or rare is this? And my question is what do I do now, so that I cut the time researching about what to do and get straight to the point?

Note: this was a sudden unexpected thing that happened to me. I didn't even know that its called a "no-self experience". when i did some research, I found out that this is enlightenment territory. I have done a lot of introspection and therapeutic work in past 3-4 years but I haven't read any books about enlightenment or haven't done any work for it.

Any guidance will be helpful.

@Nihal217 You should consider building strong theoretical foundation if you want to progress deeper into consciousness work for many reasons. Firstly if you don't you might become a zen devil. Leo has interesting video about that. Secondly many mystical experiences may damage your functionality in everyday world so having some theoretical foundation to help you interpret those is extremely helpful because you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

In spirituality there is a danger that you convince yourself that you are more developed than you really are and because of that your way of life might become pathological and you hurt yourself and others in the process. If you build strong theoretical foundation the probability of that happening se lessened.

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Will you pursue enlightenment or what do you want to do? It's hard to give guidance if we don't know what you want.

@WelcometoReality Yes, pursuing enlightenment is the goal.

@Setty I watched leo's video about 'zen devil'. and I was like that for about two months. I wanted to start a cult and all that. And I also had a experience this month that made me unable to function in the everyday world. I just wanted to do nothing & I had a non-stop smile on my face for about 10 days straight, without a break, even for a minute. I was feeling Good with capital G. That means that I need not to reinvent the wheel which will take about 80 years instead I just need to read books.

@Nihal217 Thinking veils, yet theory is useful, so careful in that sense. Consider what is needed is returning to the inward search over & over, and do practices which enhance letting thought go, and ‘searching’ for the feeling within yourself. Any & all barriers (negative thoughts & beliefs you created about yourself) will be seen, understood, and will vanish in that process. Relative to the severity & repetition of such thoughts & beliefs, there might be the experience some of purging, or purification. It is good, it is the clearing of blockages / letting go of resistance, and it will pass.

Basically experiences that didn’t unify with the nature of who you really are were suppressed, or veiled, or ‘put out of awareness’ / fragmented. These are / were finite limiting beliefs and they won’t settle, or reconcile with your infinite nature. Another frame up is that perspectives of I as a separate individual, will not resolve, because it is not the truth. Because your true nature is good, there is a body / mind auto-process of rejecting any negative self beliefs. It takes much energy & effort to maintain the suppression / fragmentation. Allow the emotions to play out freely, express them verbally, through writing, through tears, etc. Understand them. Allow the purification. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 hours ago, Nihal217 said:

my question is what do I do now, so that I cut the time researching about what to do and get straight to the point?

If you want to return to a "no-self" conscious state, do practices that lead to a "no-self" conscious state. Any practice that you can observe the self dynamics in the mind and let go of attachments/identifications will be helpful.

Imagine if you were a tennis player and wanted to observe yourself playing tennis. You would step outside of yourself and observe yourself playing tennis (on a video recording). Similarly, you can step outside of yourself and observe your thoughts.

@Nihal217 It seems that you have experienced a lot of intense states of consciousness in a short time. The problem is that it takes a long time to process and integrate such experiences and if you over do it they might cause you more harm than good. If you are taking psychedelics consider to lay them off for a while. 

If you have a strong desire to escape this world and to achieve something like enlightenment and you want it as soon as posible for whatever cost it is a sign that your ego is on a rampage. It is a litte different from an ego that wants power, sex, fame or money. It is just that its goal is now more virtuous in its own eyes. 

I recommend approaching spirituality with a peace of mind. The kind of a mind that doesn't cling to ideas and its need to fulfill its goals whatever it costs so the chance of you going over your head is minimalized. You elevate your conciousness through discipline and a drop of humility and that needs patience and time. If you don't invest into these safety nets you just might crash and burn so watch out.

Also to answer your first question these experiences are in my opinion very rare. People get taste of them mostly through psychedelics but soon after they do whatever they can to forget them and act as nothing has happened so they can live their normal lives.

But this introspection work,why did you do that?

Edited by tedens

On 2/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, tedens said:

But this introspection work,why did you do that?

@tedens i did it because few years ago i learned that i had a "emotionally traumatic" childhood. i had lots of emotional problemm like i was introverted and neurotic on extreme ends. low self esteem, low confidence, couldn't hold eye contact and a conversation, mild ocd, like list all the mental-emotional-psychological problem and i probably had it. And i did not like me being that way. i couldnt see my future being that way. so i started reading books about emotional stuff and all that. it took me some time to realize that i was a really good child while growing up, but the reason i grew up to be such a person is that the influence my parents had on me. And my parents are seriously ill and disfunctional. all the beliefs that were acquired by me while growing up caused all the problems listed above. and this stuff goes DEEP in my mind. and i am still faulty in many ways but isolation and solitude is where i can stop being my"self". like i am completely different person when i am alone. i have no problem listed above when i  am alone. and that is why i started doing introspection and awareness practise.