Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wavydude

waking up around 2-3 am

7 posts in this topic

I've been waking up almost daily at these hours for a long time. Often I wake up remembering some thing that caused me emotionall distress and I get this burning feeling in a stomach. I read on some site that waking up at this time is associated with the emotions of anger and I think this might be it. Do you guys have any expirience/tips with this ?

That's a common pattern for me lately. It's almost always either related to something that bothers me, or some physiological issue (like eating too late, drinking caffeine). The way to get rid off it is to reduce your stressors. A better solution is going deeper and figuring out why exactly these issues cause you stress and how to deal with it.

Yup. Since I arrived at my new place - I've been waking up EVERY night between the hours of 2-4am, and it's been 15 days now. I honestly got no idea why this is happening. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing some like that tho. Haha

Cheers

Look up Chinese Body Clock. Based on that they have been determining cause of various issues based on time of symptom appearance as all organs do work the most at certain parts of hte day. As you can see 1-3 am is "intestines" or the field laying just opposite being "lungs" . 

Do you suffer from any digestive issues (IBS, indigestions, diarrhoeas, ..) or breathing problems (asthma, bronchitis, frequent flus...)? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

6 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Do you suffer from any digestive issues (IBS, indigestions, diarrhoeas, ..) or breathing problems (asthma, bronchitis, frequent flus...)? 

Nothing significant but I do feel like my digestion is worse and also my immune system.

I've found this on the internet: 
"1-3am is the time of the Liver and a time when the body should be alseep. During this time, toxins are released from the body and fresh new blood is made. If you find yourself waking during this time, you could have too much yang energy or problems with your liver or detoxification pathways. This is also the time of anger, frustration and rage."

This seems aplicable to me.

Edited by wavydude

@wavydude actually that's right, I was looking at the chinese body clock diagram wrong. It is indeed "Liver " or "small intestine"Perhaps some part of your 2 detoxification pathways is struggling....you can look this up and see what nutrients are needed for both pathways. Anger and resentment could as well be the causes as emotions play a giant part in health. 

You may try finding a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner or a Naturopath to help you out getting over this. Good luck !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

This is also a problem for me, and the anger thing makes sense, because I'm also having dreams where I am shouting at people. How do I sort this out?