Yoshy

Why should i give credit to drug trips ?

16 posts in this topic

Why people take drug trip as spiritual revelation when its just chemicals acting in the brain . 

Why would people take DMT trips as a spiritual experience ? 

Its not because its the highest thing you ever felt that its related to God . 

@Yoshy why do you go through anesthesia before surgeries? why do you drink water when you're thirsty or eat food when you're hungry?

why do sages meditate to find Truth? meditation alters blood/brain chemistry... does it make meditation an invalid method?

breathing also alters blood/brain chemistry. if you breathe properly, it elevates the pH of the blood. shouldn't i be allowed to breathe to experience god?

unborn Truth

39 minutes ago, Yoshy said:

Why people take drug trip as spiritual revelation when its just chemicals acting in the brain . 

Have you ever done a psychedelic?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Yoshy said:

@Yoshy

Sounds like a typical point of view from someone that doesnt have much experience with psychedelics. If you had more experience, you would know why :)

@Yoshy  You are assuming that there is an objective sober reality that is more real than a subjective altered psychedelic reality. We could restate your question as:

2 hours ago, Yoshy said:

Why do people take sober trips as spiritual revelation when its just chemicals acting in the brain . 

Why would people take sober trips as a spiritual experience ? 

2 hours ago, Yoshy said:

when its just chemicals acting in the brain .

Therein lies the root of the issue, and your paradigm block in understanding this. You take the sober state as the baseline, objective state of reality, and consider any deviation from that to be inconsequential or "unreal." Did you forget that you have spent 1/3 of your life in a radically different state of consciousness called sleep? And if you didn't, your body would literally start breaking down to the point of you hallucinating in your waking, sober state? You see, this state we call "sober" is quite a fragile concept. All of these CHEMICALS and all these FACTORS have to be just right for us to experience this, and in general our bodies do this so well that we take it for granted. Your sober state is nothing more than a highly regulated soup of chemicals, and to think that's somehow "objective" or the only way it could be is preposterous! It's nothing more than "consensus" reality. This sober state is very functional, serves its purpose, but there are other states of consciousness that open the doors to mystical experiences. It would be wise for your own personal growth not to immediately discount them. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Serotoninluv Yes and for me they are not equals . 

For example : 

what i think is true is not necessary an objective truth existing out there . 

@TheAvatarState Yes but here i talk about artificially disturbed states of consciousness . 

When i dream , i see things on the back of my mind and it can tell me something about my subconscious mind or other stuff inside of me but not the reality outside of my head and my bank of memories . Psychedelics and especially DMT create hallucinations ... 

Why should you trust these hallucinations . A schizo has hallucinations too . 

@Yoshy If you're serious about knowing the answer, conduct an empirical investigation, take some psychedelics and make your mind up that way. Otherwise you're just relying on assumptions and heresay and you'll never really get to the truth. If, on the other hand, you already think you know the truth, what is there to discuss? 

49 minutes ago, Yoshy said:

@Serotoninluv 

For example : 

what i think is true is not necessary an objective truth existing out there . 

Well there ya go. . . How do you know your sober reality is more true than a psychedelic reality? How do you know they are not equally true or that a psychedelic reality is more true?

11 minutes ago, Yoshy said:

Yes but here i talk about artificially disturbed states of consciousness . 

What's the difference between artificial and not artificial? You only see the baseline sober state of consciousness as "natural" because you take it for granted. This distinction you drew is itself artificial, and it falls at the slightest bit of questioning. I just said you'll turn into a "schizo" if you stop sleeping, what's artificial about that?

So you're AT LEAST open to the possibility that your very own sleeping state has validity and is not "artificial." Well, that's a starting point. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I'd also note that 5-Meo-DMT is a naturally occurring chemical already produced in the 'brain'. So to have a God experience, you're just taking more than normally produced.  Your whole 'reality' is produced by various chemicals in your 'brain'. 

4 hours ago, Yoshy said:

Why should you trust these hallucinations . A schizo has hallucinations too . 

You are forgetting to reflect your own logic back in on itself: your own logic is a hallucination which you are unwittingly trusting.

You are assuming an anchor point for reality, but there isn't one. Whatever you regard as "real" isn't actually so except in your own mind.

Ta-da!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You asked the $1,000,000 question.  I think people can be deluded by anything on the Path, so beware.  The Ego-Mind wants to feel like it has the one right answer.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura 

That is whole enlightenment thing isn't it?

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

See the genius of the mind, how deceptive it is ...
I mean, look at what a "proof" is ...

Just a belief you take by reading some internet page ...
Even the scientist who did the paper did not experience what he discovered, it's filtered by maths and stats concepts ... :S

A psychedelic though, it's direct experience,
That's TRUE empiric and experiential science B|

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them