Cameron

Family Question for Leo

16 posts in this topic

I understand if you don't want to go into detail about your family so no stress on replying :)

Just wanted you know
How you've gone with explaining what you do to your family?
Do you even try explain it?
What sort of responses do you get from your family when you talk about the insights you've had?

I've had great conversations with my Mum. Mostly topics like ideology, spiral dynamics, ego, devil, paradigms. The conceptual based ones. I don't bother with non-duality.
My Dad is completely closed off to everything.
I managed to get my Grandpa to read the spiral dynamics book! Which he thought was pretty interesting.

I don't really actively talk about it unless they ask me, which they rarely do.

My Mom is pretty tolerant of me doing whatever, even though she basically thinks I'm crazy.

My brother is pretty open to it because his wife is pretty heavy into spirituality and he's had some mystical experiences on psychedelics. But mostly he's stuck in stage Orange materialism and scientism. He's open to it in theory, but not motivated to do any actual practices. Recently I introduced him to the Spiral Dynamics model and he found is interesting from a sort of scientific and historical POV.

My Dad I don't communicate with at all for others reasons.

My ex-girlfriend was a bit into it but the metaphysical stuff was just way over her head. Although she loved the psychedelics.

It doesn't really matter. Just do your spiritual work and mostly keep it to yourself or some close friends who are also into it. Definitely do NOT expect your family to be into it or to understand it or to support you in your spiritual journey. Your family wants you to be the old you. They don't want you to be enlightened because it would freak them the fuck out. They cannot handle the mindfuck of you becoming immortal. It is just totally outside their reality. They want to feel like The Matrix is real.

A great way to scratch the itch of sharing is to find a girlfriend or boyfriend who's also into self-actualizing and spirituality. Then you can go real deep with it together. That will be a wild fun ride. But it requires the right person, not just some rando.

There is no cure for closedmindedness. Other than to open one's mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what spiral level would you say your father is in?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Leo Gura don't you think that it will be tough to be on spiritual journey without much support from the environment we live in? I am talking about family and relationship support. If my family and my gf is does not understand what i do, there can be possibility of conflict. 

@Annoynymous

@Hello from Russia 

I know you didnt ask me but I would not see a problem with it as long as they let you do your thing. I think spirituality is highly personal, in the end you will have to walk the path alone anyway.

When i was starting into self actualization, my grandma died, me trying to explain to my mum theres no reason to be sad, my grandma was not that dead body, she was infinite awarness. My mum screaming: But where! where is she?

Grat mistake. Keep your spirituality with yourself or youll called crazy and other labels.

18 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura don't you think that it will be tough to be on spiritual journey without much support from the environment we live in? I am talking about family and relationship support. If my family and my gf is does not understand what i do, there can be possibility of conflict. 

All spiritual journeys are tough.

Spirituality is not for sheep. Only the bold will find God. Mommy cannot hold your hand through it, since Mommy isn't even real.

18 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Do you think it is a good idea to marry a person who is not that much into spirituality and self-actualization?

Not if you are.

On 2/19/2019 at 0:20 PM, Leo Gura said:

They cannot handle the mindfuck of you becoming immortal. It is just totally outside their reality. They want to feel like The Matrix is real.

//////

Leo if you think that your parents are in a way  not open-minded about this stuff.

Just a thought,don't you think you have a tendency to prove something to your parents?

I do not know you childhood , and i do not want to know it. But sometimes like you said something like : " you can feel compassion for people, if you know that this kind of self work is hard"

I sometimes feel that i can not talk with my parents because they are not open minded , you can still go down and talk with them without telling them unconcisely that you are above them. Not starting even if they ask you subject's about Psychedelics, religions , non duality , etc.

They are old , i think if your parents do not abuse you ,you can still have a great talk with them. 

I'm projecting now , because i tend to do this.

BTW: Leo , can you check the last PM that i send you. 

Edited by ActualizedDavid

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Spirituality is not for sheep. Only the bold will find God. Mommy cannot hold your hand through it, since Mommy isn't even real.

Quote of the year LOL

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 19/2/2019 at 0:33 PM, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Do you think it is a good idea to marry a person who is not that much into spirituality and self-actualization?

Dont confuse roles. You from your woman expect love kindness and a good relationship, not a spiritual master, not a best friend, not a comnpanion to practise fitness or watch football. Every person in his life has his role.  

22 hours ago, ActualizedDavid said:

don't you think you have a tendency to prove something to your parents?

I'm not trying to prove anything to my parents. After all the talking I do via my videos, I'm good.

7 hours ago, Moreira said:

Dont confuse roles. You from your woman expect love kindness and a good relationship, not a spiritual master, not a best friend, not a comnpanion to practise fitness or watch football. Every person in his life has his role.  

Letting go of gender role assumptions and expectations is liberating and opens up a whole new world.