Alexop

Fat no matter what?

20 posts in this topic

I am really curious on this and don`t know what to believe. Is there any metabolic disorder that will keep you fat no matter what? Even if you cut all the carbs in your diet, eat super clean all organic and correct... I heard many people defending their obesity by this argument, that there is some sort of "gland" problem that will keep you fat no matter what, I don`t know what to believe. I`ll appreciate an trustworthy answer!

I don't think so i was able to lose weight by eating carbohydrate free food

I think some body types are more prone to gaining weight then others. But definitely all can lose weight. Just stop eating for 5days straight. You'll see

Edited by Salvijus

Thyroid issues can cause weight issues-- gain or loss. This is more rare than you'd think though, however not to be belittled. Could be what they were referring to...

4 hours ago, Karla said:

Thyroid issues can cause weight issues-- gain or loss. This is more rare than you'd think though, however not to be belittled. Could be what they were referring to...

great point ! Also weak adrenal glands will not secrete sufficient cortisol to balance the blood sugar or will secrete way too much which will contribute to central obesity and eventually to Cushing's disease if you are very unlucky. 

Sleep is a big factor as well and largely underestimated contributor to weight gain and the amount of early morning heart attacks in developed nations. 

But in the end lots of it comes down to being lazy, overeating and making poor excuses....these will lead to obesity and obesity will start leading to hormonal problems so you get a genuine excuse. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 hours ago, Michael569 said:

great point ! Also weak adrenal glands will not secrete sufficient cortisol to balance the blood sugar or will secrete way too much which will contribute to central obesity and eventually to Cushing's disease if you are very unlucky. 

Sleep is a big factor as well and largely underestimated contributor to weight gain and the amount of early morning heart attacks in developed nations. 

But in the end lots of it comes down to being lazy, overeating and making poor excuses....these will lead to obesity and obesity will start leading to hormonal problems so you get a genuine excuse. 

Great answer! Thanks guys!

Everybody can be slim, the thing is that certain races, phenotypes, are more sensible to junk food than others and react with inflammation and fat gain very easily.

For example people who comes from africa cannot tolerate sugar, milk and pork specially. Thats why so much afroamericans developed obesity.

With the adequate food everybody except some strange condition is able to lose fat .

@Alexop Whatever "genes" or "metabolic disorders" people believe they have, guess what? It's caused by their diet and lifestyle! Ta-da!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

The amount of toxins stored in the fat is one reason why the body chooses not to burn it. If the body would burn toxin-rich fat then the body would also have to deal with the toxins which in that moment of burning fat would require the body to be able to handle the toxins that are being released, which the body isn't able to when its put in the conventional circumstances of "fat burning".

The way to solve this problem is by water fasting. When you are fasting the body can be fully focused on detoxification and healing, and so the body will get rid of the toxins in the fat while it is using up the fat itself to stay alive during a fast.

Do not attempt dry-fasting as in those conditions the body won't be able to deal with the toxins when it's desperately using water that is stored in the fat to stay alive. The body will just move the toxins to another place and never actually getting rid of them during a dry fast. The detoxification process requires a lot of water.

Edited by Igor82

Animal saturated fats did the trick for me. Raw eggs, dairy etc.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

To burn fat, our body need to be trained to do so. Barring medical issues, keto diet trains the body to burn fat. Americans typically burn sugar. Eating carbs and sugar can create insulin resistance to the cells which tell our brains we are still hungry. We continue eating but never seem to get full. Healthy Keto diet includes a lot of vegetables, 50%, 30-40% protein, 10% carbs. Use xylitol or eurythrital,  munk fruit, for sugar substitute.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:14 AM, Alexop said:

I am really curious on this and don`t know what to believe. Is there any metabolic disorder that will keep you fat no matter what? Even if you cut all the carbs in your diet, eat super clean all organic and correct... I heard many people defending their obesity by this argument, that there is some sort of "gland" problem that will keep you fat no matter what, I don`t know what to believe. I`ll appreciate an trustworthy answer!

If someone literally ate nothing, dont you think they would eventually waste away to nothing?

Obviously, the problem is too many calories. If caloric intake exceeds what one burns, they gain weight. If they burn more calories than they take in, they lose weight. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Anyone that disagrees with this, I would challenge them to eat nothing or next to nothing and see if they lose weight.

I used to think that there was no way I could lose weight....until I started counting calories.

factors that may lead to obesity besides the usual: 

• endocrine disruptions (insulin resistance and diabetes, hypothyroidism, adrenal weakness, pancreatic disease, cushing's disease.....)
  • leptin resistance (the hormone telling you you've eaten enough)
  • disruptions of microbiota ("read 10% human" if you want to learn more)
  • chronic inflammation in body
  • age / sex / genetic predisposition to store more fat
  • emotional trauma
  • physical trauma
  • constantly getting less than 8 hours of sleep
  • improper evaluation of one's caloric intake and portion sizes
  • inadequate physical exercise
  • excessive stress
  • high level of toxicity and acidosis (body taking in more fat to effectively isolate the toxins in adipose cells)
  • stimulant abuse
  • smoking cessation

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just a personal experience -

I was extremely overweight/obese in my entire waking memory from age 5 or so to age 15/16. At 15/16 I started taking bike rides and eating a vegan/plant based diet. In about one year I lost over 100 pounds and now at age 22 I've successfully kept that weight off with HIIT and intermittent fasting and general clean eating (not vegan anymore). I've seen a lot of people try to lose weight and when they fail they usually lacked consistency. I had some bounce back from a lower resting basal metabolic rate post-weight loss, but that eventually evened itself out.

I never did any one crazy thing to lose weight, I did hundreds of thousands of small things, every day, for over a year. 

Interestingly enough maintaining my weight loss has been even more challenging than losing it initially, but I'm finally feeling pretty stable and good with my weight fluctuation just in the past few months.

I read something about estrogen, which somewhat has an effect on metabolism. Lower levels could lead to weight gain or inability to lose weight effectively. The weight gain can be notice easily on belly, hips and thighs. Somehow, low levels forces the body to use blood sugar, less which further increases fat storage in legs, hips, belly.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:14 PM, Alexop said:

I think there are certainly conditions, such as hypothyroidism, that can make losing weight more difficult. However, if you follow the golden rule, it is scientifically impossible not to lose weight. Don't worry about low carb or other diets that exclude options. Simply worry about calories. I have lost 50 lbs since December by eating < 1600 calories per day and working out in a sustainable way.  That means I literally started out walking on the treadmill for an hour. Now I box, do crossfit, yoga (badly:)), lift weights, and I run like Forrest Gump. But, I never work so hard that I feel like crap the next day. 

If calories out are > calories in.. you will lose weight.. that might be 1 lb per week.. that might be 3 lbs per week. The hard part is accepting that it's a long road..that it's not a quick fix. If you can accept that, then a small number like 1 lb per week becomes a huge number like 52 lbs per year..(AKA a pretty good sized dog). 

Good luck friend   

Edited by Dust2Life

Until you're dieting and exercising every day do not accept any limiting beliefs about weight, including but not limited to the limiting belief of obesity being a metabolic disorder.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Dust2Life said:

I have lost 50 lbs since December by eating < 1600 calories per day and working out in a sustainable way.

Nice work!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.