youngshinzen

Natural remedies for hay fever?

11 posts in this topic

I already bought a pack of homeopathic pills, they don‘t help. Any other approaches that also help in severe situations?

My hay fever dissappeared when I stopped using anti-histamine medication... But thats just me though

Dont look at me! Look inside!

22 minutes ago, youngshinzen said:

@Rilles How long did it take to stop?

Went from awful to moderate to some to nothing in about 5 years. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@youngshinzen A very effective technique i like to use is this.

www.google.com > Natural Remedies for (blah blah blah) > Open the first 5 - 10 pages. Read, read, read.

Apply, experiment and = results :)

B R E A T H E

Stinging nettle tincture is quite good for blocking the histamine release. It does not cure it but helps during the worst onsets. 

Personally for my allergies a fruit/herb detox program helped a lot, made a post about it while ago. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It's not natural but cetirizine might do you some good. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Climate is a big game changer, I lived in both dry and crazy humid tropical climates. It seems that dry climates are perfect for me, I almost never get a runny nose or itchy eyes.

Another thing I found helpful is a mix: raw unfiltered ACV, half a lemon juice, a small piece of grated ginger and a clove of grated raw garlic with a tbsp of raw honey. I did it with and without garlic, it worked, but the body responds to raw garlic pretty quickly. I mix the ingredients and add lukewarm water to drink it like herbal tea first thing in the morning. I don't really know the science behind it, but you can give it a try :) just be careful and check the side effects of especially ginger and garlic. They may affect bleeding tendency and blood pressure.

the pollution in your environment is a big factor, dont underestimate the power of home air purification or moving to a place with clean air.for histamine stuff, look into DAO the enzyme responsible for breaking down histamine in the gut, you can buy it as a supplement. Also serum derived bovine immunoglobulins.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Here are some things that you can do to deal with hay fever naturally.

Drink two or three cups of fenugreek seed tea daily to prevent irritation and nasal congestion.

Eat more ginger and garlic. Ginger is anti-inflammatory which helps to reduce symptoms of hay fever whereas garlic acts as an antibiotic.

Add fish oil in the diet to reduce inflammation.

Keep work and home environment dust free as dust particles can lead to hay fever.