OmniYoga

52 weekends of Holotropic Breathwork (Shamanic Breathing)

7 posts in this topic

so I made 2 weekend yesterday,
I planned to go for 40 minutes , but I hold about 30 minutes. 1st weekedn I made 20 minutes.
I felt like my tendons tighten up, (not sure is that actually tendons, but seems like it) especially in palms, a little bit in legs and around belly,
so I freaked out a little bit.
therefore:

• should I bulit up gradully or push my limits ?
  • breathing should be very deep, just deep or normal?
  • the pace: slow, normal or as fast as possible?

btw is this technic somehow connect to Wilhelm Reich and Alexander Lowen or not?

3th out of 52
I set the timer for 40 minute , but around 25 minute I felt massive pain in my palms and I had to stop it breathing this way
I don't place my hands like Leo in the video, because it's not comfortable for me,
I place them aside from the body, something like being crossed, but slightly less angle not 90
maybe I should try different position for my hands? this one seems to too much unstable in long run, too much oxygen accumulated there or smt ? I don't know

my mind wasn't quiet, I thought about all the books I want to read in this year ... during the breathing
I achieved peace in mind  after I stopped excesive breathing,
and I felt nice
I started to hear some noise in my ears but I'm not sure about the source of it becasue I use headset and listean to this:

anyway that was a little bit disturbing,
after the session I drew mandala:

DSC00453.jpg

4th session done - time set 41 minutes
my mind was all over the place, 0 focus, to the point I forget about the breathing ...
I ate too much and I had full stomach - I don't recommend it doing it on full stomach, the breath is shallow
it's better to do it being empty
something was off during this session
I didn't get hyperventilation in feets and hands,
maybe because of that shallow breath

I can not include this for a successful session

I've also planned on doing this. This weekend was my 3rd 1-hour session.

I worked myself up gradually, starting from 30 mins, now I'm at an hour and will keep it for at least a couple of months.

Leo explains the technique very well in his video, breathe deeply, but do not overstrain yourself. Breathe in for 1-2s,

then breathe out for 1-2s. You'll develop your own rhythm with practice, that's what I observed in myself.

My arms get really uncomfortable, some kind of strong tickling sensations. I just suffer through them. 

Moving helps a little bit. 

In addition to my drumming music background I listen to binaural beats at 4.5 Hz Theta waves.

Research shows these are the same tribes used to induce trance-like states. Definitely help for

a deeper experience.

BTW, nice drawing. You definitely got some inspiration from the practice.

Just don't stop. As in meditation the only way to fail is not to do it. 

On 28.08.2019 at 10:22 AM, Muhammad said:

@OmniYoga have you quit?

I had bad period of self-development, basicly dropped all my habits (reading, mediation, eating healthy) for over 3 months,
but i'm back on track slowly, I also will back to this techniqe cuz it was interesting, even painful - and frigthening :D,
it really feels different with this higer level of oxygen - and I have no idea where does it lead
so maybe I don't quit entirely but yeah I didn't do it

On 30.8.2019 at 6:05 AM, OmniYoga said:

I had bad period of self-development, basicly dropped all my habits (reading, mediation, eating healthy) for over 3 months,
but i'm back on track slowly, I also will back to this techniqe cuz it was interesting, even painful - and frigthening :D,
it really feels different with this higer level of oxygen - and I have no idea where does it lead
so maybe I don't quit entirely but yeah I didn't do it

That's great ?

But make sure you do not start implementing to many habits at once, cause your will power will run out at some point. Consistency is more important then quantity