allislove

How to know whether you are inside a dream or not?

63 posts in this topic

@dimitri The answer to that can be found in these words of Nisargadatta.....

What changes is not real.  What is real does not change.

3 hours ago, Shin said:

Not real.

As everything except ... B|

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 minute ago, dimitri said:

As everything except ... B|

If nothing is real, then ...

... Everything is real !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

If nothing is real, then ...

... Everything is real !

"whatever you think cannot be anything more than a thought."

On 2/17/2019 at 10:22 AM, dimitri said:

Imagine, you are inside a dream, how can you check whether it's a dream or not?

I asked my friend, she said in order to check this you need to look into palm, in a dream you can't see a hand in details. 

It sounds similar to Leo's advise to look into hand to see a God in "What is Actuality?" video.

I have a concept: the dream world (or the illusion of illusion), current reality (or illusion) and God (Reality) is a system inside a system inside a system (roughly speaking).
So, if you can realize that you are the creator of a dream in a similar way you can realize that you are God. Does someone have insights about it? 

9_9

@dimitri when I was a child I lucid dreamed naturally...it was quite fun. I know that certain people apparently have more of an inclination towards spirituality/truth/god and this was definitely the case for me. I was always weird tho ? anywayyyyy...

The thing about this dream (reality) is...the method of actually *waking up* is quite strange and backwards. I have an insight that removing the "self" from this reality, collapses the entire dream and that's why so much attention is paid to the discovery of the higher self. Removing the self is like removing the bottom support brick of a Jenga tower. Also another insight I had is that the question is the answer. So in other words (while you do need to actually be looking for the real answer) in the likes of self enquiry, it is the question that eventually sets you free not the answer. The answer (I'm pretty sure) is the realization that there is no answer...which of course leaves only the question. So when your trying to wake up in self enquiry, just allow the question to really separate you from the human reality...while still fully embracing the human reality. Also, do not "look" for separation...do not seek any kind of answer, only see what is in front of you and answer the enquiry questions logically.

It's much harder to realise that this is a dream...because for that, we must realise that there is no solid ground called "reality." It's just a good job this all isint meant to fit inside your head ? 

@Aaron p thank you for the insights, especially about self-inquiry process.

> It's much harder to realise that this is a dream...

On the next day after the 5meo trip I was staying on the railway station in Netherland and had such weird feeling that reality is collapsing, that I am going to eternity, to all moments, back in time to the trip and everywhere,  it was pretty scary, I was staying and saying: no, no, I want to live, I love my life.

Similar fair occurred after watching the "Walking Life" movie late at night.

Now I am a bit scary to go to Vipassana retreat which is planned for April.

Anyway, it's inevitable. :)

Have a good day, my friend.

@Leo Gura But Leo are you saying that reality is just one massive dream and there is a dream inside this dream, like the movie inception?

@Anton_Pierre Leo is on 30-days retreat, watch his "Life Is A Dream" episode if I may suggest. 

@dimitri This topic is a very, very excellent question. If you could answer this question, it'll be worth it to include it in your life purpose. For example, something profound did happen to me early in my childhood. I wasn't even convinced that it meant anything at all. I just passed it off as a dream, until something else that was profound happened to me that was totally related to the first incident. In the entire process, I was working on myself. As of now, what I can say here is, continue working on yourself and use Spiral Dynamics as a guide in the process. Don't forget to include learning about entrepreneurship because you still have to deal with a stage orange society.

Let me disagree with Leo here. 

One knows what is real when something falls out of harmony, out of infinite. 

Take the example of DiCaprio in the movie Inception.

The spinner always falls from spinning, it stops when he is set in reality. 

So, as a rule, in a dream you feel infinite, boundless, relaxed, even if it's a fixed dream/movie in your head. 

In reality one feels pressure and pain in the body when the real comes in, even if one has not transcended/awakened, feels the reality in his/her own fixed mentality .

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I know you guys love to conceptualize. But from a perspective of being able to stay awake in a dream and move where i want at my fingertips, this is how it feels. Otherwise all this awakening is not real and you think it that way apparently. But the real real of transcendence is not for everyone, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, is an eternal falling. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

"An evening dream − everything must have been an illusion;
I cannot explain clearly even one part of what I saw.
Yet in the dream it seemed as if the truth were in front of my eyes.
This morning, awake, is it not the same dream?" 
− Ryoken

Edited by dimitri

Not this, not that, not anything. 

Most people only grok "not this, not that".  They miss the "not anything" part.  That's why you need Zen teaching to cover that final bit.  You can't beat duality with more duality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 17.02.2019 at 0:02 PM, Highest said:

Nah, doesn't work that way. In my experience, you have to become conscious of God, aware of God. That's how it works

I suspect thats the right way to recognize dreaming.

Edited by tedens

The dream analogy is one of my favorites for awakening.

Imagine you are dreaming that you are a character we will name Paul. The character Paul lives in New York City. He studies philosophy at NYU and is practices meditation and yoga. He also likes cycling and playing basketball.

Now, how can Paul wake up that he is a dream character? He doesn’t because Paul is within the dream. It’s one dream. He can’t step outside of the dream. He is within the dream. Paul can spend his whole life seeking awakening through mediatation, yoga, self inquiry, contemplation etc. As long as he the Paul character, he will not wake up. Paul doesn’t wake up. The Real You wakes up from the dream. You wake up and there is awareness it was all a dream. 

What happens to our character Paul? In a sense, he dies. He isn’t real. Yet, in another sense he still exists - just not like how Paul thought he existed.

I see people try to do this all the time. There is an idea that they will personally awaken. Yet it’s not the person that awakens because awakening is high order. Each of our personal characters we think we are is within the dream. Everything is within awakening, including my character, your character, trees, birds, onions and everything else.

28 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The dream analogy is one of my favorites for awakening.

Imagine you are dreaming that you are a character we will name Paul. The character Paul lives in New York City. He studies philosophy at NYU and is practices meditation and yoga. He also likes cycling and playing basketball.

Now, how can Paul wake up that he is a dream character? He doesn’t because Paul is within the dream. It’s one dream. He can’t step outside of the dream. He is within the dream. Paul can spend his whole life seeking awakening through mediatation, yoga, self inquiry, contemplation etc. As long as he the Paul character, he will not wake up. Paul doesn’t wake up. The Real You wakes up from the dream. You wake up and there is awareness it was all a dream. 

What happens to our character Paul? In a sense, he dies. He isn’t real. Yet, in another sense he still exists - just not like how Paul thought he existed.

I see people try to do this all the time. There is an idea that they will personally awaken. Yet it’s not the person that awakens because awakening is high order. Each of our personal characters we think we are is within the dream. Everything is within awakening, including my character, your character, trees, birds, onions and everything else.

IMG_20190324_211729.png

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

How to know if Your Inside a Dream?

Call to someone around you. If they answer it's a dream.