Jackthelad

Law of Attraction - is this real life example evidence of it at work?

8 posts in this topic

So, I decided to post here for the first time in probably 2+ years. I used to be more interested in self growth and personal development, and bought Leo's course to find my life purpose. I got hopelessly mired in the Life Purpose course and sort of drifted from spirituality, and all that stuff. 

Anyway, I recently begun doing stand up comedy, and it has felt like my Life Purpose since starting (although amazingly I didn't mention it or performing at all in my life purpose exercises, it just never occured to me even though it's so obvious now!!!) and almost a year to the day I did my first Open Mic, I won a comedy competition.

I applied quite a bit of systematic visualisation towards winning, where I would close my eyes and state my goal (to Win this comp) and I would hear my name being called out as winner in a myriad of ways, or just my set going great, or see all the hard work up to it. Or all three. Then I would affirm this using positive affirmations ("I am a winner, I rise to the occasion, I love performing" or any variety of the sort.  I also made a Vision Board for my Comedy, and put the poster for the final with my name as the winner typed out about it and some quotes as if from a news paper article underneath it. I also wrote out my name as winner of the best act and stuck it in my wallet and looked at it whenever I remembered. 

So to sum up:

1. For two weeks (roughly) before final, I visioned for around 10 mins upon waking up, and again in bed before going to sleep - using a 4 point system: say the goal, visualise the outcome, affirm to myself, and then affirm that this will manifest for me or something better will happen for the good of all concerned. (taken from a book on Leo's list)

2. I had my Vision Board on OneNote with some positive images, I looked at it sometimes. I also wrote out a winner speech type thing (basically just affirmations as a thank you speech). 

3. I wrote an unsent email to a person stating I had already won the comp. 

4. I had my goal on a queue card and also affirmations in my wallet which I read here and there over the two weeks. 

5. I kept working and gigging as much as I could, and kept writing and rewriting my set up to the final minutes before the show. 

So, when it came to the day of the comp I was really sick with a headcold! I almost made excuses as I had put in a lot of work as mentioned above but thankfully I had bought the Magic of Thinking Big which had a perfect paragraph on not making excuses, and I put aside my ill feelings, did my set, did well.

When my name was called as winner the MC said it wasn't even close and I had won the crowd vote and judges vote. I felt weak in the knees because I knew the two people who went after me had very strong sets and got a great crowd reaction.

It was a real surreal moment for me, I felt like I had taken drugs, because the sense of mystery of the LOA process really stuck me, and there was like 100+ people looking at me on stage all weird. I imagined it and it all came true, the images were different because the room I didn't know, but everything else, a bit surreal. I felt like I had almost cheated the system, like I won by such a margin while sick and with stiff competition.

So what am I asking? Well, the cynic in anyone would say you just focused your mind on it so much and worked hard and it had to go to someone and you were victorious. Then they would put this into a probability, say a 1 in 8 chance or because I tried so hard, maybe a 1 in 6 or something, So really, totally and absolutely the nature of luck as it occurs naturally in life.

But I really visualised the name and hearing my name being called it, it definitely felt like something interesting was at work, like I had helped to shape this using my thoughts. I felt like my thought have this extraordinary power, and how I could use this in the future... it really unsettled me really!

Ok here is an issue. I did do this with as much faith and confidence as I could, but there was no conviction in me that victory was ABSOLUTE, I still was hearing in my head other people's names being called out as winners, but I didn't put much stock on that, as the book said that happens and not to give it energy. When the winner was about to be called ,I was sure the last guy had been far better than me.

Anyway, I'm hugely excited about this potential, but just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences. If @Leo Gura found this question/ topic interesting I'd love to hear his perspective. I watched the LOA video on actualised ages ago but haven't seen it in a while and it was recorded years ago so maybe his views have changed.

I'm now a real believer in Visualisation/ LOA but I don't know how to go about harnessing it properly, or what my next goal should be. I feel like if I had a second goal I was working on at the same time, it would have been less effective, but that's just me.

Anyway, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this. I haven't written this as clearly or patiently as I could have, as it's 4am and I'm dying sick with a headcold and just groggy. So I am sorry for the messy nature of this post!

Nice post, gave me hopes for upcoming entrance exams for film studies.  

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

“Luck” is found only in busy minds. ? 

What an excellent LOA share /story. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Jackthelad said:

just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences

Yes. Been using a 40 foot chalkboard wall for around 5 years now for clarity, visualization, and manifestation. As well as a vision board, and awareness of wanted, and awareness of resistant thinking...aka samadhi. 

We also have a ‘family wall’ in which we all write things we want to go see or experience, and we use that to plan vacations,etc. Kind of a “bucket list wall”,

Do you have any sets online? 

Also, just curious...have you considered writing some show material drawing the infinite humor out of spirituality, nonduality, LOA, etc? I think there’s a big market for it, the material would ‘land’, and it’s a great way to spread ‘the word’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

“Luck” is found only in busy minds. ? 

What an excellent LOA share /story. Thanks!

Yes. Been using a 40 foot chalkboard wall for around 5 years now for clarity, visualization, and manifestation. As well as a vision board, and awareness of wanted, and awareness of resistant thinking...aka samadhi. 

We also have a ‘family wall’ in which we all write things we want to go see or experience, and we use that to plan vacations,etc. Kind of a “bucket list wall”,

Do you have any sets online? 

Also, just curious...have you considered writing some show material drawing the infinite humor out of spirituality, nonduality, LOA, etc? I think there’s a big market for it, the material would ‘land’, and it’s a great way to spread ‘the word’. 

It's interesting you mention that, because I am curious ablut exploring some of these topics, making it accessible to an average crowd member could be challenging.

One thing i hope i can do in time is take humour and stand up and build a real high order purpose through it, at the moment I'm learning and surviving and i don't have skill nor interest to explore outside that.

I am really excited about comedy though and want to give everything for at least the next 12 months to see where i go with it. 

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

wow i love this! 

I have a sort of crazy story for LOA, I am almost convinced it works. I visualized working for a big 3 company. I did a matra - just a list of 20 affirmations on how I get the job and work there. I contact a friend of a friend who works there, and in a couple of days he offers me an internship for about a month. This shit is crazy 

@Adilbek There is something about focusing on something like that that. I'm a believer now. I am going to choose another goal, perhaps another tangible one like a prize or definite outcome. Then I think it's attacking it from a series of angles, visualising morning and in bed at night. I was not drinking for 6 weeks so it gave me an unbroken chain of days to focus on it. Maybe it's just that singular focus that people talk about. 

the other thing I think is important is working as hard as you can on it, to take it out of the real of wishful thinking. Like you did by sending feelers out, not resting out your laurels but actively participating and getting it back. to me, that intuitively feels like it has to be part of it.