noselfnofun

MDMA and Enlightenment

32 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Not true. MDMA is huge in the UK, and many many people have taken thousands of pills and continue to take them. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

17 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

oh yeah, definitely. I'll always remember my first experience. everything clicked into place. I felt like every molecule was exactly where it should be, I felt pure awe, looking at every atom of existence like it was utter perfection.

ever since the first time it always gets me in touch with my emotions, I can speak freely from my heart as if my heart chakra completely burst open. I feel unconditional love and a warmth almost impossible to describe. it practically shows me how deep love can go <3

love it phoenixx! that is exactly how it feels!!

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

On 17. Februar 2019 at 0:03 AM, noselfnofun said:

Yes it really is something quite remarkable, when I first tried it I was very young and didn't know anything about higher conciseness but realised this is something we are all seeking, without me knowing it probably started me on the path haha. 

Its been ten years since I tried it but I watched the movie human traffic the other day and there is a scene in there where they talk about MDMA and I was like they are describing enlightenment. I found the clip on youtube a redirected it lol took out the drug references and images and replaced them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FTKT27Nz38

I can imagine. I had the same epiphany during my first experience with it: this is it. this is what we're all desperately, desperately looking for. most people without even knowing it. although I must admit that I already was on the path, already had a few glimpses... but it was the first taste of the utter perfection and unconditional love that is god <3

I've enjoyed your video:x thank you, it really sounds like they're talking about spiritual awakening. got goosebumps, reminded me of my glimpses on various psychedelics and during some good yoga/meditation sessions. thanks for the inspiration <3

On 17. Februar 2019 at 4:01 AM, Leo Gura said:

MDMA permamently rewires parts of the brain after 10-20 trips, creating a permanent life-long tolerance.

where did you get this info from? I haven't tripped that often, but still get very intense feelings of love and empathy. a friend of mine has tried surely over 20 times and still gets those effects o.O

whatever arises, love that

1 hour ago, phoenix666 said:

where did you get this info from? I haven't tripped that often, but still get very intense feelings of love and empathy. a friend of mine has tried surely over 20 times and still gets those effects

I heard it on a podcast from a psychedelic-researching neuroscientist (can't remember his name or the podcast). He did brain scans which showed the brain rewiring itself and a build-up of tolerance which never fully goes away.

MDMA changes how the serotonin in your brain works. At least that's what he said. Of course I don't have direct experience of that.

To stay on the safe side I would not do more than 10 trips of MDMA unless I hear new research to the contrary.

MDMA causes your brain to dump massive amounts of seritonin (which is what gives you that pleasure high), and then the subsequent crash. You don't want to fuck up your brain's serotonin levels or regulation pathways.

I'd rather stick to LSD, mushrooms, and 5-MeO-DMT -- which seem much safer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I heard it on a podcast from a psychedelic-researching neuroscientist (can't remember his name or the podcast). He did brain scans which showed the brain rewiring itself and a build-up of tolerance which never fully goes away.

MDMA changes how the serotonin in your brain works. At least that's what he said. Of course I don't have direct experience of that.

To stay on the safe side I would not do more than 10 trips of MDMA unless I hear new research to the contrary.

MDMA causes your brain to dump massive amounts of seritonin (which is what gives you that pleasure high), and then the subsequent crash. You don't want to fuck up your brain's serotonin levels or regulation pathways.

I'd rather stick to LSD, mushrooms, and 5-MeO-DMT -- which seem much safer.

I have 30+ trips under my belt and it was always the same basic experience, MDMA is very predictable. As far as I understand the problem is that serotonin receptors shut down because of the overexposure but anti-oxidants can counter that + as far as I know this was never been proven in humans. I wouldnt trust the research too much because the people in the studies are almost always heavy users (High doses every week) and they dont just take MDMA.

That said 10 trips seems a good amout I think after that you have gotten everything MDMA spiritually has to offer out of it anyway. Altough at least 1 one of these 10 trips I would take it in a non-serious recreational festival/club setting because the synergy with music is out of this world, its an outstandig experience.

I dont recommend anyone overdoing it like I did, it doesnt seem sustainable and its not worth the potential damage/hangover recreationally and spritually it doesnt go very deep for me. So its worth it for the experience but then drop it.

Edited by MM1988

3 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

I wouldnt trust the research too much because the people in the studies are almost always heavy users (High doses every week) and they dont just take MDMA.

You might be right about that.

Research is very sketchy as yet.

Then again, I'm taking brain health more and more seriously these days.

@Leo Gura As I said 0 trips is not enough but more than 10 is too much. Its a good substance for a first experience with psychedelic-like substance because a bad trip is almost impossible. I doubt it would do much for someone at your level. But it would still be interresting to see how deep you can go with it.

It wouldnt be a party drug if it mindfucked people too much.

Edited by MM1988

@MM1988 I will try it, but I don't really need it. I get total nondual consciousness on a small dose of LSD, mushrooms, or basically anything else.

2g of mushrooms gives me access to the entire universe within 15 minutes.

At this point the reason to try new psychedelics for me is purely for experimentation, not for spiritual growth. But I'm still down to experiment. Who knows what I could discover? Still hoping to meet some aliens ;)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Who knows what I could discover? Still hoping to meet some aliens ;)

Official contact will be possible when humanity achieve a higher access to the 'source'.

Edited by tedens

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@MM1988 I will try it, but I don't really need it. I get total nondual consciousness on a small dose of LSD, mushrooms, or basically anything else.

2g of mushrooms gives me access to the entire universe within 15 minutes.

At this point the reason to try new psychedelics for me is purely for experimentation, not for spiritual growth. But I'm still down to experiment. Who knows what I could discover? Still hoping to meet some aliens ;)

Yeah would be interesting to hear your perspective on it. But agreed you don't need to try it. 

On 17/02/2019 at 10:11 AM, DrMobius said:

I kinda abused MDMA & other empathogens in the past, and the quality of it decreased over time.
I also definitely encountered some noticeable cognition & verbal memory decrease, as well as depression.

The good news is that even after a long period of heavy binge, it all mostly goes away after a few months of sobriety. Right now I feel great and have no problem articulating myself or doing intellectually challenging work with good results.

Use, but use very carefully. It's worth trying though.

Yes it is quite dangerous compared to other psycs, probably not worth it if you are well established on the path. i have heard of cases where people have died on MDMA from just one trip and it definitely can mess up the brain with long term use. So have to proceed with caution. 

Another thing to add about addiction. Even though MDMA feels amazing and many (myself included) think its more euphoric than cocaine I paradoxically dont find it particulary addicting at the same time. Its not a substance that enables compulsive behaviour.

I never ever had a desire to overdo it or a craving for it. The reason for this I think is that re-dosing does almost nothing and the hangover. The hangover itself at the peak is milder than alcohol but it can last multiple days and that alone turns you off from overdoing it even if you now nothing about safer use or the brain chemistry science behind it.

But of course there are always people out there who overdo it but for the average well adjusted person its not a concern I think.