Samra

psilocybin and CBD

15 posts in this topic

I know I have to face my anxiety when dealing with deep work and psychedelics , so I can have a breakthrough. But the last time I had mushrooms, my heartbeat was out of control and I couldn't handle the anxiety. Since then, I've been having random anxiety attacks here and there. I still want to keep working with psychedelics. So I was wondering if I can use CBD oil while on Psilocybin? Would it calm me down a little? It would it be a bad mix?

Thank you,

Probably not a good idea.

Do some other spiritual practice. 

When you have calmed down maybe try it again. 

@Samra What dose did you take? Lower the dose and focus on just opening up the body completely then work your way up slowly. Just an idea.

Another idea is to switch to another psych like LSD. Mushrooms can be quite chaotic.

Or maybe take a break and work on those attacks because if you are not wise with these substances your anxiety might get worse. Psychs takes a lot of work on your end to be efficient. Its not gonna be an easy fix. So work smart

I have found CBD to be a really nice addition to trips, bearing in mind my combination is with LSD. It reduces body load and anxiety related thoughts whilst adding a calmness that isn't there when taking lsd alone. 

You may not be able to go as deep as you may want to. 

Also, CBD has been found to bind to the same receptors as LSD (maybe applies to mushrooms too). So may weaken to trip by stopping the receptors being binded to. 

The dose is super low. 2,75. Basically the price of becoming more aware has been increase in anxiety. Basically, I had never had anxiety attacks in my life before. This is totally a new thing. I had anxiety attack on weed the other night. That has never happened before. So I guess something has woken up, and it's starting to take shape. I have been taking CBD to control these random attacks. But I know I need to conquer my fear. There are no excuses. I never had a trauma in my life, so this is all made up.

11 minutes ago, Brenzo2 said:

I have found CBD to be a really nice addition to trips, bearing in mind my combination is with LSD. It reduces body load and anxiety related thoughts whilst adding a calmness that isn't there when taking lsd alone. 

You may not be able to go as deep as you may want to. 

Also, CBD has been found to bind to the same receptors as LSD (maybe applies to mushrooms too). So may weaken to trip by stopping the receptors being binded to. 

That's good to know! Thanks for sharing. The thing is, you need different tools. For yourself and people you may sit with. Even when doing Ayahuasca, the shaman has some tools to calm you down and bring you back. For instance, there is a powder they blow in to your nose at the beginning that calms you down. Also, they can give you some tobacco to sober you up if needed. So if CBD is a tool in your toolkit, then it's good to be prepared. I just need to find out how and if it works well.

Edited by Samra

@Samra  this is exactly what happened to me. Never had any form of like panic symptoms before I was spiked, never reall experienced fear to be honest until this one time happened. Then someone spiked me and then that was it, panic always came up whenever I took a microdose and then it worked it's way into everyday Life. 

My personal experiential advice to you would be to go to into this fear sober, explore, there is a teaching present.

@Charlotte how are you doing recently? 

I am not worried about this anxiety. I have been expecting for something to surface. This too shall pass, cause that's the only option :) that being said, it is always good to have tools in your toolbox, like a pro. 

On 2/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, Samra said:

The dose is super low. 2,75. 

That's super low?

Lol, i thought that 1g or less was "super low".

Working with lower doses and getting comfortable with them is important for me, as well as making sure my breathing is on point as well as Kriya, and diet/exercise. 

Are you taking care of those areas? 

@Samra 2,75 is not low, it’s in the panic zone, too much to just sit back and enjoy and not enough to breakthrough. The “Shaman’s toolkit” and taking something to avoid looking at the anxiety are not the same, and it’d be a bummer to realize that half way into a trip. Why not explain the anxiety and see what it is, & be free of it? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Samra The classic mistake with anxiety is to fight against it when it occurs, although this feels like the most natural thing to do. There's the sensation itself and then the thought which follows it, saying 'I want this to go away.' This then locks you into a loop where your thoughts feed the sensation, your sensations feeds the thoughts some more and vice versa. Become aware that there is an awareness behind the anxiety that's viewing it, which isn't a part of it. Become curious about the sensation without labelling and move 'through' it, not 'away' from it. Here are a couple of videos which have helped me:

@Samra I'm 99.9% better. Going into the panic and contemplation helped heaps. 

I'm actually planning on doing a trip real soon. I'll let you know how it goes. There will probs be panic but I feel I know what to do now. 

@Charlotte I'm happy these touchscreen grown so much stronger in the last year!,please do let me know how it went<3

@Samra will do lovely. 

Remain strong ❤️ you ever need anybody to chat to... Ever... Feel free to pm me.