Eric Tarpall

Your name can affect your behavior

25 posts in this topic

Usain Bolt Is fast like a lightning bolt.

Bill Gates has lots of dollar bills.

Doctor Phil is in the business of selling pills to his patients.

Leo Gura is a guru.

Coincidence?

Edited by Eric Tarpall

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Darind God because I am a God. You can t see the God letters after darind because you can t see God... How Godness is that? 

Funny I was just thinking about this yesterday. It's called Nominative Determinism and it's a running joke in the New Scientist magazine. But despite it being a joke, it really does seem like there's some truth to this!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Did the name determine it? Could chalk it up to statistical probability. I see the pattern but correlation doesn't always imply causation. 

9 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Usain Bolt Is fast like a lightning bolt.

Bill Gates has lots of dollar bills.

Doctor Phil is in the business of selling pills to his patients.

Leo Gura is a guru.

Coincidence?

Lol

@Eric Tarpall I hope you're not being serious, lol. Usain Bolt is really the only example with any merit, and you can't will yourself into a world record athlete... that's all genetics and circumstance. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

7 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

debatable 

Of course, everything is :P

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

in numerology your name can have an impact on your lifestyle, and character. 

Well, not really with full names, but with first names I experienced similiarities, that are fascinating (beware, most of these names are in Hungarian, but have international equivalents)

Eszter (Esther): The ones I know are rockers/metalheads, and they tend to be introverted. They also take l

Gergő (George): They tend to be really  friendly people, but it's hard to get to their hearts. 

Péter (Peter): Heavily single minded most of the times, and they hold their ground to an adamant level

Júlia (Julia): Charismatic personalities, really manipulative sometimes

etc...

There have actually been studies showing that for example people named Phil were much more likely to move to Philadelphia.
This has been done with many more similar scenarios and there definitely seems to be a coherence.

5 minutes ago, Katlicitas said:

There have actually been studies showing that for example people named Phil were much more likely to move to Philadelphia.
This has been done with many more similar scenarios and there definitely seems to be a coherence.

Probably because the person just want to relate.

My middle name and the name I go by is Aston and I'd like to own an Aston Martin because my name and the car name creates a nice little relation to each other. 

6 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Probably because the person just want to relate.

My middle name and the name I go by is Aston and I'd like to own an Aston Martin because my name and the car name creates a nice little relation to each other. 

Exactly. However, unlike yourself, a lot of people aren't aware that and why they are making these decisions.

On 14/02/2019 at 8:13 AM, Eric Tarpall said:

Your name can affect your behavior

it is true, but it has nothing to do with your name in particular. it's about the fact that having a name can be highly conditioning because your name reminds you of your old patterns.

on the peak of my seeking process i started to use another name. it felt weird in the beginning but in the end it was a powerful and effective tool for deconstruction.

of course, "spiritual names" can be deceitful and harmful like any other tool. one can get attached to another identity and the pattern of attachment does not change.

unborn Truth

Donald Trump

Donald = Great Chief

Trump =win or beat in competition

The great chief who won the presidential election:P

Dont look at me! Look inside!