universe

What Good Infrastructure Did You Build For Yourself?

11 posts in this topic

In lieu of not having a video this week, I urge you to rewatch this one:

After you figured out what you want your life to be about. After you can make out your vision looming on the horizon, the next question is often "How?".

To achieve great things, you better build great infrastructure. 

Infrastrcure can be the right relationships, technical skills (like marketing, business etc.) and personal time. Is your time used to be true to your values?

Im interested if you realized any infrastructure that helped you on your self-actualization path.

Or if you identified a bottleneck in your daily routine that you want to fix or get rid of.

• Disconnect from the internet until your morning routine is finished.
  • If you don't need the internet, keep the internet connection disconnected.
  • If you don't need web browser for the current task, keep it closed.
  • Remove other distractions in your environment.
Edited by CreamCat

i conditioner my hair more often than i shampoo now..

dont have much routine atm

jokes aside, i just watch when something is irritating n knock it out asap.

Most importantly!! I find that if i have a goal, and one tiny thing gets in the way, how easily i quit. So i remind myself 'after this' and proceed to goal. its a soft infrastructure. Thanks for the video reminder. i think i missed that one.

Strategy is so important for action. What infrastructure do I need? 

On 14.2.2019 at 7:16 AM, CreamCat said:
  • Disconnect from the internet until your morning routine is finished.
  • If you don't need the internet, keep the internet connection disconnected.
  • If you don't need web browser for the current task, keep it closed.
  • Remove other distractions in your environment.

What do you do in your saved time?

On 14.2.2019 at 8:41 AM, Sahil Pandit said:

Daily One Note

What do is your journal about?

On 14.2.2019 at 9:12 AM, K VIL said:

Most importantly!! I find that if i have a goal, and one tiny thing gets in the way, how easily i quit. So i remind myself 'after this' and proceed to goal. its a soft infrastructure. Thanks for the video reminder. i think i missed that one.

Strategy is so important for action. What infrastructure do I need? 

What do you mean by "after this". You mean you tell yourself its ok to quit but only after overcoming the next hurdle?

The infrastructure you need is very personal and depends on your goals I guess. What do you want to achieve?

@universe Funny you quoted me, i just finished journaling literally 40 seconds ago!

I have been journaling everyday of 2019, haven't missed a day.

I journal about how my day is going, what went well, what i can work on, what my goals are etc.

The more i journal, the more i realize that you don't need an external accountability partner as much as you need yourself on your side to be there for you.

It's easy to say "I'll remember to take this action next time" but when i get home from coaching or school, i usually head straight to One Note and say what i feel or what's on my mind.

@universe

• an mp3-player with audio-books to listen while going to work
  • a small journal to contemplate with while going from work
  • only healthy food at home
  • always available extra books to read
  • working part-time, so there is more time for LP and meditation

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

21 hours ago, universe said:

What do you do in your saved time?

• Reinvest in myself
  • Recuperate
  • Strategize slowly
  • Do more work
  • Do more exercise
  • Whatever helps me in the long run.

How I built my infrusture for work and productivity.

• Investing a lot money on a good laptop (MacBook Pro) 
  • Putting a big magnetic white board in my room to write my ideas and creativity 
  • Having my vision board in front of me 
  • investing in cameras and video equipment's
  • Purchasing good video editing apps
  • Bluetooth speakers to listen to podcast and listen to music
  • buying a lot of books from Leo’s books list 
  • this is the just a few of mine but I’ll be building more in the future.

I had some good routines for exercise, diet, and so on.  But then I got a health problem that lasted for about 1.5 years off and on, until I got an operation to fix it.  Next, one year of trying to get my habits back and failing.  Most of my good habits are gone & I can't seem to get them back.

The habits that I still have:
-  Bulletproof coffee every day.
-  Still take some vitamins and supplements in addition to doc-prescribed meds.
-  Still doing great at my day job and have improved over the couple of years.
-  Still on track to be financially setup.  ETA: Summer 2020 (hopefully sooner)
-  Journaling.  I write a lot of shit down in OneNote, but barely ever review it.

The habits I lost:
- Eating healthy (I'm not overweight though).
- Exercise.
- Reading _anything_ on a regular basis.
- Daily Meditation routine.

A few good habits that I did pick up in the interim were things that interest me about my life purpose such as:
- Daily guitar practice (not quite every day but a few days a week).
- Setting up and working on electronic music, DAWs, music theory, jazz, etc.
- Watching tons of training videos/courses for guitars, synths, and computer-based music.

So many things I used to do that were good over the past few years have backslid, but my guitar playing and understanding
of DAWs, EDM, drum programming, composition, music/jazz theory, etc, has greatly been improving.  Doing things I never did
before & I started playing guitar when I was 16, which was quite a few decades ago.  But it's like I just don't have any feelings towards
anything good or bad anymore.  Just feeling a bit empty I guess.  The drive went dormant.

Edited by smd
added a little more info

Cut the social relations which does more harm than good to me (funny, lead to having end up no any)

Which made me realize that I was a approval-seeking badly.

I started gaining self-discipline. This was like more than fifth time of me, I was going back and forth in between about "Why is it all matter afterall" mindset when It comes to being disciplined. But this time, It naturally revealed itself to me that I have to be doing something to sort of, how may I say, make time pass. To make time pass, meaningful why not? It doesn't have to be 100% perfect meaningful, if not, 1% meaning would be seriously enough for me here. (this linked with a who cares what others tell, think attitude sort of, ) Plus I got a very good read, book about on the subject so hoping this will give me a better understanding along with this.

The powerful phase: "The meaning of life was all about to come up to a point, where I've seen that there's no meaning in anything* but who I am (whatever put, you understand from that question, whether spiritually or self-actualizing manner) or how I dream, see, feel about this life.

*: in order for one to talk about anything, it must be a human concept, so it was not about any human idea, thought, cult, religion or whatever you put as an human invention, creation.

Almost all concept relies on human's thoughts. Very few rare exceptions are there, which I'd say the branch study of spirituality. But I think It really doesn't be true to take a single rare exception from there and magnify it until it becomes a religion, cult or some practice. That does not mean anything at all either. Thus that is what 100% people do when they get to that point and get there again after thousand of trial and error but unable to more forward. Because of EGO: Fear, identity.

Imply that, this scripture I've come up above is from a person who had worked thousands of hours on self-development. One is to have go through its evolution on many levels of self-development