noselfnofun

Is pursuing enlightenment dangerous unless your are at a certain level in life

53 posts in this topic

In my opinion, nobody has, is or will ever be "ready" for enlightenment. I think there needs to be a certain level of intelligence...or perhaps a certain "kind" of Intelligence.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, noselfnofun said:

However I will say suffering seems to be the main motivation for people to want enlightenment.

This is my observation also. It is also my motivation for it. But because of the nature of enlightenment, it doesn't matter how you get there...all that matters is, you get there.

47 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Side note....prickles and goo & neither, ...not one or the other...?  

Before I AM, action arises on behalf of one or the other. 

After KNOWING I AM, prickles complete the goo?

There is a time for prickles & and a time for goo. 

Edited by Jack River

3 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

This is my observation also. It is also my motivation for it. But because of the nature of enlightenment, it doesn't matter how you get there...all that matters is, you get there.

Or all that matters is you see that you never will arrive and have never not been I AM. As @cetus56 said in another thread. 

@Jack RiverThis makes sense dude. 

Every one of us is exactly where we should be, some may be living simply while others are running around like chickens with their heads cut off ?

no matter where one is, anything everything and nothing is possible in the now...SELF EXPLORE in daily life wherever you are. However it takes an extraordinary amount of discipline. It takes a full commitment aye dude? 

The mind is going to make it real tough and create all sorts of distractions. The more triggered emotions in our daily living the easier it is to get lost in the only ticket to freedom 

18 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Every one of us is exactly where we should be, some may be living simply while others are running around like chickens with their heads cut off ?

?? haha!! 

no matter where one is, anything everything and nothing is possible in the now

? fo—sho?

SELF EXPLORE in daily life wherever you are. However it takes an extraordinary amount of discipline. It takes a full commitment aye dude? 

Yep..well said dude

And if you really allow yourself some sufficient alone & quite time you get to a place where this discipline isn’t forced. This is a kinda discipline that derives it’s energy from the UNDERSTANDING itself. Quite different than the discipline of ego. 

The mind is going to make it real tough and create all sorts of distractions. The more triggered emotions in our daily living the easier it is to get lost in the only ticket to freedom 

This is where the direct experience of day to day really helps. Really the best teacher and direct access to I AM. So it’s a win win. ?

Edited by Jack River

22 minutes ago, Jack River said:

The one indivisible totality of I AM is the best teacher. 

On 12/02/2019 at 6:01 PM, Jack River said:

@Nahm  Yes I have been doing self inqury and when i do look into who is there? I don't find anything, but there is a life still to be lived, as a no thing and there are certain actions that are better then others for living a better life, despite in the end it all becomes irrelevant when the body mind breaks down and awareness is revealed. 

18 hours ago, Aaron p said:

In my opinion, nobody has, is or will ever be "ready" for enlightenment. I think there needs to be a certain level of intelligence...or perhaps a certain "kind" of Intelligence.

Yes I think that seems to be my conclusion as well, you just have to do it if you feel a calling and try and be as smart as you can but there is no real answer, well one that i know off. 

I think perhaps someone who was not ready for enlightenment could reach it and not realise that they have. Therefore any implementation might be suppressed. 

Just a thought though, I don't know.

@noselfnofun yes because when you experience a full awakening you literally experience your own death...and there is a moment when its like "oh fuck".

After the mystical experiences and you slowly return to your ego that can be accompanied with depression and ego backlash.  

I think its good to be at a certain level of maturity to handle this.  But you probably won't become enlightened unless you are anyway.  

Its beautiful and there are infinite levels of it but there is also the sadness of the passing of the concept of you.  Of course that is only relative to you.

Your true self is pure being and love and encompasses all including your little self :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

No level of preparation will prepare you for awakening, so better at a younger age. Because when old the blockages are too painful to release and let go.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.