oMarcos

If we are all one...

37 posts in this topic

If we are all one, but we still have, as humans beings, different experiences, so to be "one" means the "dream machine" can have infinite dreams at the same time for each individual? 

1 hour ago, oMarcos said:

If we are all one, but we still have, as humans beings, different experiences, so to be "one" means the "dream machine" can have infinite dreams at the same time for each individual? 

Imo, it is easier to explore and get direct experience with nondual oneness and developing clear contrast of nondual oneness vs. dual separation. My sense is that you are conflating the two, which causes confusion. Once enough nondual direct experience is present, nonduality can be integrated with duality. Yet, I think it's really hard to do it prior to embodying nondual and dual states of consciousness. 

Notice how you are conflating the absolute and relative. You say "we are all one (absolute level), but we still have as human beings different experiences (relative level)". I think a better question is "We are all One. . .  what is the One Dream that is present?". The answer is to be found within a higher, collective consciousness. 

Another way to think about it. . . Imagine you are dreaming. Let's call your dream character Paul. . . Paul travels to New York to visit friends. To have the experience of Paul, you must create distinctions. There is the taxi, the taxi driver, your friends, the Starbucks you hang out in, and so on. Yet all of those characters and things are within one higher consciousness (the real you that is dreaming). Yet, Paul has no idea he is dreaming. It all appears so real.

Similarly, all the characters and things you see in your waking life are all within a higher consciousness. You just haven't awoken to this higher consciousness, so it all seems very real to you. Just like Paul's reality seems very real to him.

@Nahm if you are talking literally, then I have to ask: how is the dream machine bound to only dream and do nothing else? Doesn't that make you suspicious that the machine is not the ultimate Truth?

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Nahm if you are talking literally, then I have to ask: how is the dream machine bound to only dream and do nothing else? Doesn't that make you suspicious that the machine is not the ultimate Truth?

The biggest mindfuck is its not doing anything at all.

For comprehension sake dreams are just the best analogy. 

The 'dream machine' is not bound to only do one particular thing. It is not mechanical and has no limitations.

6 hours ago, oMarcos said:

If we are all one, but we still have, as humans beings, different experiences, so to be "one" means the "dream machine" can have infinite dreams at the same time for each

To experience a dream you need distinctions.

Those distinctions can be made self conscious to experience the dream to such an extent that it becomes a reality in itself.

God is dreaming itself from infinite point of views, and none at all.

There is infinite experiences, but only one dreamer.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

37 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Nothing can do everything, and nothing, and neither. The dream machine is not the ultimate Truth because it Is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Shadowraix @Nahm

I thought about it a little bit right after I typed the comment.

What else could there be but a dream? (dream implies infinite possibilities).

A dream machine (dreamer) and a dream, is a concept. There just is the isness of whatever the hell It is.

Edited by Truth Addict

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Okay, but what am I exactly? I don't know, yet.

Then inquire, only you can know what you are.

God is love

And God in them

"We are all one" is a useful but equally incomplete and potentially harmful thing to believe or cling hard to.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@oMarcos The dream machine dreams thought machines, one is asking about the dream machine now.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Nothing can do everything, and nothing, and neither. The dream machine is not the ultimate Truth because it Is. 

And, as imagination bodies forth

The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen

Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing

A local habitation and a name

Such tricks hath strong imagination

...Shakespeare

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

??

Edited by Faceless

When there is no self,there is no other....All is One.
When the I-self no longer arises creating the illusion of a "me" apart from "other".. All is One.
"All is One" is perfectly stated as .. Existence-Consciousness-Bliss (Sat-Chit- Ananda)

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Then inquire, only you can know what you are.

There's a reason why I said "yet". Am I not allowed to have a break, sir?

23 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

There's a reason why I said "yet". Am I not allowed to have a break, sir?

No you don't ?

images(66).jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

it might be useful to watch the episode of the Leo talking about two soda cans (pepsi cola) explaining differences and similarities. If someone remembers that episode, It would be helpful if  s/he shares the link

Edited by non_nothing

16 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Imo, it is easier to explore and get direct experience with nondual oneness and developing clear contrast of nondual oneness vs. dual separation. My sense is that you are conflating the two, which causes confusion. Once enough nondual direct experience is present, nonduality can be integrated with duality. Yet, I think it's really hard to do it prior to embodying nondual and dual states of consciousness. 

Notice how you are conflating the absolute and relative. You say "we are all one (absolute level), but we still have as human beings different experiences (relative level)". I think a better question is "We are all One. . .  what is the One Dream that is present?". The answer is to be found within a higher, collective consciousness. 

Another way to think about it. . . Imagine you are dreaming. Let's call your dream character Paul. . . Paul travels to New York to visit friends. To have the experience of Paul, you must create distinctions. There is the taxi, the taxi driver, your friends, the Starbucks you hang out in, and so on. Yet all of those characters and things are within one higher consciousness (the real you that is dreaming). Yet, Paul has no idea he is dreaming. It all appears so real.

Similarly, all the characters and things you see in your waking life are all within a higher consciousness. You just haven't awoken to this higher consciousness, so it all seems very real to you. Just like Paul's reality seems very real to him.

so there are many different layers of reality in a big city and on top of that you have the dream machine.

11 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

but underneath the dream machine is that what is real in a city, so if paul would be interested to see the dream machine and the city, paul would go maybe to see both... but therefore paul needs to explore the city first, maybe paul even is not so interested in the big big dream machine but more in the tiny ones. his friends would maybe live in brooklyn and that’s where he would start - but then manhattan and central park are also very interesting. maybe he would just fall right into the city out of the dream into the dream, inbetween just a yoga mat.

Edited by now is forever