Viking

how do i do my meditation retreat

4 posts in this topic

im planning tomorrow to do a 2 day meditation retreat.

im not sure how to go about doing it, i did a 10 day vipassana course but i dont want to do vipassana. i also dont have goals for this meditation retreat, is it ok? can i just meditate? 

i also want to add some contemplation and journaling time as i also want to use the clarity that meditation gives to get insights about myself.

im not sure what kind of meditation i should do, and whether i should stick to a single meditation technique or go with a few different ones. what has worked for you and how should i go about this?

edit: i guess the reason for my asking is that i fear i will get insanely bored and start getting restless, which will probably happen, and i dont know how to deal with that. i fear ill stop the retreat in the middle and start watching Netflix

Edited by Viking

8 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Watch as the desire arises, as a sensation (feeling-emotion) in your body and stay with it as you surrender it.

i tried it during the vipassana retreat and it kinda worked, but it became insanely hard as the resistance continued to reappear