SQAAD

Everything is Predetermined, Right?

12 posts in this topic

I get the sense that everything is predetermined. Everything has already happened and is inevitable. That's what Absolute Infinity suggests. This is the experience i got with some psychedelic "awakening" experiences i had in the past.

I am not sure though nor i hold this as the Truth since i want to validate it again through other means besides psychedelics.

If everything is predetermined how do you cope with that psychologically?

Edited by SQAAD

Yes, thats technically true. But youre missing the reason why everything is predetermined.

It is because there is nobody to determine it because there is no "you" in the equation. So everything must already be determined by god, god predetermined himself, including you coping with the fact that everything is predetermined.

"You" still have an impact on the world. If "you" decides to stop enlightenment work and decides that nothing matters anyways, youre still gonna have a miserable existence as a consequence of your actions. Nothing predetermined there. As long there is "someone" that has to cope with something there is still "one" that has impact in the world. 

The only problem is, you are not this entity. You dont exist, so you have no impact on the world. The world just runs by itself

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

@SQAAD

Yes. Everything in life predetermined. Just like a movie / novel is written.

Creation of this thread was inevitable and Robi and my replies were also inevitable.

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

The way that you may or may not cope with this is also predetermined. 

Sqaad also needs to recognize that if all is predetermined - it means whatever he appears to do is not his doing... but rather a preset happening.

including confusion about this topic and questions like the one raised above...

there is nobody here to be coping with anything psychologically and if there's an apparent someone here who needs to cope, that will then happen on it's own accord. So, YOU need only sit back and wait. and allow whatever needs to happen, happen.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SQAAD

Imo nothing is predetermined. No fate no karma no cause and effect. No one determines everything previously. There is no purpose in creation. So nothing to predetermine. 

This earth is a tiny atom compared to the universe. The human mind has limited potential to find all the mysteries of creation nature life. Lets accept the limitatons and move on. 

@Jkris understand predetermination the following way.

does a character in a story have any choice about what his next action will be? or is it dictated by the author of the story who is outside of the story-world? 

reality is the same. there are seemingly real characters making choices here and there... but when it is seen and understood that the characters are being played by actors... then it is seen that there was never any free will and all happened as it was destined to.

check out this: 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Sadhguru on you don't have a choise in life.

Skip to 31min

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

from an abolsute perspective, the question on whether everything is predetermined is not correct. at the absolute perspective, nothing is actually happening. there is no choice even being made. we only have the illusion of choice, and therefore you will always have choice, but nothing is predetermined, 

if you count yourself as one with the absolute - there is no perspective in which you can take that you individually own 

if you count yourself as a seperate individual from the absolute - then you have the perspective that you have choice 

both are true in the end. 

when people start to believe things are predetermined, they think that everything is spritual and is working its way towards some great mission in life which is another illusion, 

forever for eternity, nothing is actually happening besides "awareness being aware" 

Q Has man any free will or is everything in his life predetermined?

Ramana Maharshi:

Free will exists together with the individuality. As long as the individuality lasts, so long is there free will. All the scriptures are based on this fact and advise directing the free will in the right channel.

Find out who it is who has free will or predestination and abide in that state. Then both are transcended. That is the only purpose in discussing these questions.

To whom do such questions present themselves? Discover that and be at peace.

If free will didn't exist, what would be the purpose of intuition then? Even if free will was heavily limited, you could still choose if you either follow your intuition or your ego. It's up to you. The more spiritual advanced you are, the more free will you have. But you really need to accept yourself and live the present moment in order to make the 'right' choice. 

Besides, it's often the case that people force themselves not to believe in free will just to cope with their past and decisions they made. It may help for some time to accept yourself because it's hard to take responsibility for your decisions. I've been there, too. 

Edited by Jack Walter Leon

@SQAAD

No, that's just a concept that requires time in the equation, which turns out to be an illusion.

It's better put: everything is infinitely intelligent.

8 hours ago, SQAAD said:

If everything is predetermined, then why ask this question? Whatever answers you get, you will not be able to choose to do anything with, since you can’t make a choice. Do you have any questions at all, really, if everything is predetermined?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Free-will and predetermined are the same thing.

Collapse the duality. It is both at once.

A good use of the duality would be to see free-will as the state of not knowing and predetermination as the state of knowing.