Tony 845

1 case of a “confirmed” enlightenment through pyscadellic

83 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Not if you are earnest, it can be done quite rapidly, however most people just tend to only spend like 5% of their time on it.

If you are dedicated, you will soon find not much is really in the way except for some make belief pettyful thought addiction and fear.

Not true, there are 100x more people that seek earnestly to no avail. What you said may be true from one perspective, but not many people are going to see it that clearly because there are so many traps. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

Not true, there are 100x more people that seek earnestly to no avail. What you said may be true from one perspective, but not many people are going to see it that clearly because there are so many traps. 

100x more than whom? If you seek God earnestly, you get a response from all directions, period, but you will only respond to the degree of earnestness and maturity.

edit: in fact, even if one doesn't seek, you are still getting a response from all directions ^^

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

8 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

@Key Elements  shinzen young became enlightened through sds “an awakening” I guess,  then self inquiry drove his enlightenment “home” from what I’ve looked into (some one correct me if I’m wrong) although his “tripping” in the 60’s  may have raised his consciousness to help him get there, I’m not sure, we would need to ask him. 

I understand what you're trying to do in this thread. You're simply trying to gather useful information on psychedelics and non-psychedelics, and how to approach it. You're not trying to disprove anyone, right? If so, I totally understand. I think it's a good topic, and it's best if others are opened to the discussion, and not misinterpret and label you as an "anti-psychedelic" person. That would be the wrong impression. See, I shared something in this thread. It was based on my direct experience. And then, I was wondering if psychedelics such as 5meo or any other psychedelics is able to change anything in your physical environment after the deepest awakening, which is Riding the Ox Backwards (going from no-self back to your ego via singularity). It turns out the answer is no. Unless, someone out there, who has taken psychedelics, is willing to say yes with honesty. But, as you can see, it was really challenging for me to say what was going on because others kept misinterpreting it as "there are no physical environment" or that "I fear psychedelics." You see, what I said was totally twisted into something else.

It's not an easy topic of discussion. It's better to say it in your life purpose in a tactful way, so that those who are ready to hear it will hear it and understand. Then, maybe you could have a proper discussion. Yes, it is profound and complicated. Anything profound is complicated and hard to understand. And, yes, it can be considered 'cocky,' 'woo-woo,' and 'obsessive' if you go around talking about it. It won't work like that. Not all are open.

19 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

And then, I was wondering if psychedelics such as 5meo or any other psychedelics is able to change anything in your physical environment after the deepest awakening, which is Riding the Ox Backwards (going from no-self back to your ego via singularity). It turns out the answer is no. 

I participated in that thread and my answer was definitely not "no" and I don't recall anyone in that thread with psychedelic awakenings as answering a direct "no". 

Based on my awakenings with and without psychedelics, I find the statement to be misleading from the psychedelic perspective. It may make sense from a strict non-psychedelic perspective, yet it is untenable when both psychedelic and non-psychedelic perspectives are considered.

This is just my perspective based on integration of extensive spiritual direct experience with and without psychedelics. Yet, I am not a spokesperson of truth. There may be others with extensive spiritual experience both with and without psychedelics that have differing direct experience and views.

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

100x more than whom?

People who get it relatively quickly. It's just an estimate, I could be way off. :)

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

in fact, even if one doesn't seek, you are still getting a response from all directions ^

Yes, we're all getting the message to wake up. It turns out that it doesn't get through most people's thick skull ahahahah. In fact, your level of spiritual development is not actually up to you... Now that's a hard pill to swallow ;)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I participated in that thread and my answer was definitely not "no" and I don't recall anyone in that thread with psychedelic awakenings as answering a direct "no". 

Based on my awakenings with and without psychedelics, I find that statement to be misleading from the psychedelic perspective. It may make sense from a strict non-psychedelic perspective, yet it is untenable when both psychedelic and non-psychedelic perspectives are considere

What you just said here, you just twisted what I said. I'm talking about our physical environment when we come back on earth. Physical--do you understand?

There is no physical realm when it's a sober experience too. But, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about back to earth and back in our egos.

Also, nothing wrong with what I said.

1 minute ago, Key Elements said:

What you just said here, you just twisted what I said. I'm talking about our physical environment when we come back on earth. Physical--do you understand?

There is no physical realm when it's a sober experience too. But, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about back to earth and back in our egos.

Yes, I understand and my answer remains the same.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, I understand and my answer remains the same.

Yeah. Ok. But you're labelling me as "misleading?" No need to label others.  I said it straight-forward.

33 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Yeah. Ok. But you're labelling me as "misleading?" No need to label others.  I said it straight-forward.

I am not labeling you as misleading. That would suggest intention. I said the statement is misleading from the psychedelic perspective. 

@Key Elements exactly like I said, if there was more then 1 case that was actually confirmed trust me I would have done 5MEO already. Problem is, there is only one & a bunch of mystical experiences, I never said I wouldn’t take them, just at this point not sure why I would??‍♂️

Thanks for understanding  where I am coming from, I’m not anti anything. But let’s be honest you don’t need them & it doesn’t always take 30 years to become enlightened, I’ve done enough research the past 2 years. 

Ive come to the conclusion it’s simply another tool like self inquiry/krya or sds sits.

& yes you are correct it’s a great topic.

Edited by Tony 845

@Tony 845 I haven't gone through this whole thread, but I would agree with your statement that psychedelics are another tool. They're a *really good* tool, but definitely not the only way to move towards enlightenment.

They certainly aren't for everyone, but they're a good fit for many more people than current societal norms allow for. This is why I think it's worth while for those who have benefitted to share their experiences, gently.

The idea that there's "one case of confirmed enlightenment" from 5-MeO-DMT (Martin Ball) is really twisted to me, on multiple levels. It's a mindfuck to even begin to unravel that, so I'm just going to leave it alone, and say: perhaps you need to question that whole ball of yarn.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

9 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet, I am not a spokesperson of truth. 

Ok, then.

Leo, @Leo Gura, in one of his blog clips, I believe, under the influence of 5meo, reported singularity. I could understand (from my own personal experience) that this is definitely part of truth--the singularity back to the embodiment of the ego. Metaphorically, it's called Riding the Ox Backwards according to the Ten Ox Herding Pics. Leo posted this animated pic once:

infinity.gif.d04975745c4b208d669ef25aeef65a2a.gif

If this is metaphoric of the singularity (aka, Riding the Ox Backwards) I could definitely relate to that.

The thing that Leo did not report is any physical changes to the environment.

Why am I saying this? It's to pass on some info to the OP, @Tony 845. That's all. Nothing more.

6 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Ok, then.

Leo, @Leo Gura, in one of his blog clips, I believe, under the influence of 5meo, reported singularity. I could understand (from my own personal experience) that this is definitely part of truth--the singularity back to the embodiment of the ego.

The direct experience and insights of 5-meo is not what a sober mind imagines it might be like. A mind-body needs the direct experience to understand. 

59 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The direct experience and insights of 5-meo is not what a sober mind imagines it might be like. A mind-body needs the direct experience to understand. 

I never said that I was imagining anything. It was my direct experience. It was a kensho.

15 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I never said that I was imagining anything. It was my direct experience. It was a kensho.

5meo offers new and novel experience and perspective.

11 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

5meo would offer a new experience and perspective.

As Leo said, truth is not a perspective. Truth is just truth. I could understand that.

That's for me to decide whether or not to go for 5meo. As of now, I would rather go into details describing what happened to me in my life purpose. It will probably take a few pages. The series of events surrounding the kensho were very meaningful and convincing. If I never had it, I wouldn't be here in the forum. I'm not the kind of person who is easily convinced by someone else. There better be a good reason to go for something like this. Otherwise, just live the best life as you possibly can. Be helpful to others. Everything is "you" anyway. You don't want to see "you" suffering. There is no suffering when you experience truth. Apply that wisdom in real life. Maybe one day truth will come to you when you do this because what goes around comes around. It's more complicated than this.