Wisebaxter

Modafinil is Amazing for Consciousness Work

113 posts in this topic

Modafinil Report:

200mg dose. Started off with the Bradley Cooper 'Limitless' formula and cleaned the entire house, with the effects kicking in about half way through. It's hard to describe how it feels. Just very mellow, relaxing, but at the same time you can think incredibly clearly and focus like a beast. Somewhat like taking a psychedelic, minus the focus perhaps. I sat at the piano to practice and I became those keys man, it was awesome. All of the theory seemed to come together as well, I could retrieve it a lot more easily and integrate it all into the session. 

I suffer really badly from having an overactive mind, over-thinking everything, mental masturbation etc and it causes me a lot of stress and anxiety. This has been worse than ever recently after the ego backlash I had, which I now know was so intense as my progress prior to it had been so great. So anyway, being able to focus on a task without the mind chatter was simply sublime. I worked on a screenplay for a bit, which I must admit still presented a slight challenge in terms of concentration, perhaps because I was finding it quite difficult to write the scene I was on, but I definitely persevered longer than I would have done usually. 

But it was when I sat down to meditate that I really grocked the power of this stuff. I was able to sit for over an hour and a half no problem at all and it felt even more relaxing and sublime than usual as I was able to go so deep. After that I did some observation, just sat and stared at the clock for about 45 minutes, which was fantastic as observation usually kicks my arse, having such a frantic monkey mind. Obviously the meditation had quietened my mind too, which helped. Then I topped it all off with a side order of contemplation and lo and behold I was able to have a direct experience of my subject incredibly quickly, seeing as I was in observation mode. 

Some great insights here. First, meditation before observation = greater progress with observation. Secondly, contemplation after observation = faster direct experiences. Thirdly, Modafinil is the shit and I'm gonna pop another one tomorrow and the next day....and the next day....and so on, until I've given my ego a proper good kick in the nuts, teaching it a lesson for fucking with me so badly recently. So how do you like Modafinil, eh ego? You in trouble now boi....

If you guys have been considering grabbing some of this stuff but haven't been too sure - just do it, it's amazing

Hi there

Thanks for the tip . I will def check it out.. i actually dont know what it is.. but that is about to changed. 

Just ordered them ;) home in two days

Enjoy ?

I have also experienced the power of Modafinil during meditation. Although I have only taken it in small doses, 30 to 50 mg max, mostly to overcome a very busy day, but even during these conditions when I sat to meditate I felt it was lighter as other days when I have not taken it. Anyway good luck! And please keep us informed of your experience.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@kira  Leo mentioned it in his Nootropics video, that's how I first came across it. Apparantly the film 'Limitless' was inspired by the drug. It's popular with entrepreneurs and other badasses. You bought some? Like your style man, straight on the case! Please let us know how you find it. There's an even stronger version called Armodafinil which Leo says feels almost like taking a psychedelic in terms of the level of awareness it provides, so I may upgrade to that at some point.

@reves Reves, I know, amazing stuff right? I'm very excited. I feel this drug could really turn things around for me. 

@Wisebaxter i, to, have a very very overactive mind...i get very irritated when something isint 100% PERFECT* and even though ive been meditating for 5 and a half months now, i still get very angry and stuff sometimes. Like you, also, i play the piano and thought it was pretty cool that you do to. You know i thought DMT was gona be all calming and relaxing when i went to smoke it but it was just very very very strong...i did ketamine while meditating yesterday and i just broke down into tears half way through my sit it was truly amazing. Im interested in learning about modafinil definitely gona check it out....i like drugs that calm you down and just make everything wavy, ket does this big time...but its also addictive and onlylasts an hour. 

@Aaron p Wow I never knew ketamine could be so good for meditation, that's interesting. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

In terms of Modafinil and 'relaxation' it's important to point out that I found it relaxing because I was able to focus on a task more without monkey mind distracting me, but you do feel very awake and lively, it's important to point that out. If your monkey mind is the thing that stresses you out, Modafinil could help you there. 

Well done for keeping up that meditation habit for so long. Have you felt any benefit from it at all yet? Like, do you feel better directly after meditating, maybe a quieter mind etc? I think sometimes the major benefits kick in after several years so hang in there buddy. I'm like you, I've only be doing it a short time myself so at this stage we have to have a bit of faith in the process. Also, mixing up the kind of meditation you do can be cool, to keep things interesting, observation meditation, mindfulness meditation, concentration meditation, they all work in slightly different ways and have their own benefits. 

I remember Peter Ralston saying that anger is a mask for fear. So it might be worth looking at what you're afraid of deep down, what's there underneath the anger. If you have issues from the past haunting you then some shadow work can be great, or some visualisations for love, forgiveness etc. Leo has some great books on his books list for all that. 

Yeah I'm mainly trying to develop my piano skills so I can improve at music production. I make electronic stuff.  How long have you played piano? So much fun right...calms my mind so much 

Edited by Wisebaxter

I've taken a total of 12 tablets of armodafinil over the past 2-3 months. It's quite interesting really. Most of my experiences with armodafinil have been non optimal  because I've sort of assumed before taking it that armodafnil will make me less sleepy or tired. Armodafnil doesn't really make me less sleepy, it just makes me more focused and engaged with things.

Funnily enough, like you I started doing some cleaning after taking the drug for the first time.

I took half a pill of armodafinil 2 hours ago. I can tell its kicked it, but the drug hasn't made me any less sleepy or tired. It's just made me more focused. It doesnt make me less sleepy but it would make it harder for me to fall asleep, if that makes sense. The drug gives me mild headaches lol so im actually quite reluctant to use it often. But theres a place for it in my life, I think. I remember taking an eight of a pill a few times, so shit like that I can do often without noticeable headaches. If I had to describe it, its like theres a very subtle neutral energy coursing through your entire body when on the drug.

I have like 50+ tablets left or so, its probably gonna last me a while. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Yeah that's a pretty accurate description of it I think. I get headaches as well and find it quite hard to sleep. Actually I didn't sleep at all last night and just popped another 200mg in the morning lol. I was excited about having another day of productivity lol. I can actually see how it might be addictive for me which has freaked me out as I'm battling a weed habit already. One guy online says he took Modafinil every day for years and I was kind of planning on doing the same but to be honest I've gone off the stuff slightly (after my big rant about how great it was! lol). I've decided it makes me a little angsty. Got pissy with my girlfriend once or twice. Also, I could swear today that it's blocked my heart chakra or something. I tried to generate some love earlier and there was nothing, just a black void lol, blacker than usual I mean :) It's usually an all encompassing darkness but today it was a black hole sucking the light out of everything it came across. Oh I also keep making very dark jokes - even for me! Weird eh? I made a comment to my girlfriend about how her friend should stop whining about being bullied at school and quit all the psychotherapy as it was only relentless verbal abuse and nothing physical. 

More than anything though it's the addictive quality that worries me. I never have been good doing things in moderation. I'm gonna do what you're doing and take it every now and again I think. I can see how I could burn myself out taking it every day.

What do you get up to when you take it?

@WisebaxterIt definitely has some addictive properties. From what I've heard it's like weaker amphetamine. You would love amphetamine if you like this stuff. Be careful 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Wisebaxter

6 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

@lmfao What do you get up to when you take it?

I just read, do some coursework or do maths when I'm taking it. I've used it before playing competitive video games as well, for fun. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Wisebaxter If you take it too often it will become less noticeable as you build up some tolerance.

Best to cycle it on and off, using it when it really counts.

The ultimate solution is to develop yours consciousness to that state naturally through stuff like Kriya yoga. If you like Modafininil you will like Kriya yoga.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:44 AM, Wisebaxter said:

Modafinil Report:

200mg dose. Started off with the Bradley Cooper 'Limitless' formula and cleaned the entire house, with the effects kicking in about half way through. It's hard to describe how it feels. Just very mellow, relaxing, but at the same time you can think incredibly clearly and focus like a beast. Somewhat like taking a psychedelic, minus the focus perhaps. I sat at the piano to practice and I became those keys man, it was awesome. All of the theory seemed to come together as well, I could retrieve it a lot more easily and integrate it all into the session. 

I suffer really badly from having an overactive mind, over-thinking everything, mental masturbation etc and it causes me a lot of stress and anxiety. This has been worse than ever recently after the ego backlash I had, which I now know was so intense as my progress prior to it had been so great. So anyway, being able to focus on a task without the mind chatter was simply sublime. I worked on a screenplay for a bit, which I must admit still presented a slight challenge in terms of concentration, perhaps because I was finding it quite difficult to write the scene I was on, but I definitely persevered longer than I would have done usually. 

But it was when I sat down to meditate that I really grocked the power of this stuff. I was able to sit for over an hour and a half no problem at all and it felt even more relaxing and sublime than usual as I was able to go so deep. After that I did some observation, just sat and stared at the clock for about 45 minutes, which was fantastic as observation usually kicks my arse, having such a frantic monkey mind. Obviously the meditation had quietened my mind too, which helped. Then I topped it all off with a side order of contemplation and lo and behold I was able to have a direct experience of my subject incredibly quickly, seeing as I was in observation mode. 

Some great insights here. First, meditation before observation = greater progress with observation. Secondly, contemplation after observation = faster direct experiences. Thirdly, Modafinil is the shit and I'm gonna pop another one tomorrow and the next day....and the next day....and so on, until I've given my ego a proper good kick in the nuts, teaching it a lesson for fucking with me so badly recently. So how do you like Modafinil, eh ego? You in trouble now boi....

If you guys have been considering grabbing some of this stuff but haven't been too sure - just do it, it's amazing

I feel terrible while reading this, guess who needs a kick start? KICK EGO HERE, KICK MY ASS <<<<<<<<<<< KICK ME

What would be the effects of this becoming a drug addiction?
What's modafinil is made of?
Why modafinil works

These are the questions I will be making research for.

15 hours ago, non_nothing said:

I feel terrible while reading

@non_nothing How come? The news is positive. Modafinil can help kick start your consciousness work or take it to a new level. Like Leo said though, just use it sparingly and when it counts, like when you have a whole day free. I didn't take it today and I was very pleased to discover that my ability to focus during self inquiry has improved. So it's the same principle as psychedelics, use it as an aid to give you some juice but don't expect it to deliver the goods in full, you'll still want to develop your consciousness in other ways to fully catch the Ox.  

The effects of it becoming an addiction would be the same as any other addiction, which would be stress caused by feelings of reliance, powerlessness and cravings. You may need to have some self control. There is some information online to suggest that it could become addictive (although it's very rare), but as with all addictions the risk of that will be increased if you're using it as a crutch due to any perceived inefficiencies you have or issues you don't want to face. Know the potential risks and use it responsibly and you'll be fine  

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter  Hi there 
yes I order some online a couple of days ago, it should be arriving on monday.. i am quite excited to try it out.. i have watched leos videos on the topic i will def look them up...i will also be looking into Armodafinil,... i will keep you updated on the experience  

@kira Hey Kira, glad to hear you're on board the Modafinil train :) Yeah keep us updated for sure. My ability to reside in 'being' has gone through the roof since I started taking it. Monkey mind has left the building. 

@Wisebaxter I am abit worried about  growing too depending on it...and my mind growing too dependent on it... 

@kira Yeah that's always a concern. Well be safe in the knowledge that every action you take is the one you're supposed to take. If you get addicted and suffer then you'll beat that addiction and come back stronger, or not. But it's not up to us. It sounds to me like God wants to experience Modafinil though your specific slice of consciousness. What can you do eh? If you end up an addict then you'll certainly be a very conscious one. Allow your fears to be there, let go of the need to control them, sit back and enjoy the show ;) You'll be groovy

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter that is indeed so.. never had a problem with any of the pshycadelics i have used before.. i dont seewhy it would be a problem now 

@kira It's just your imagination running wild. It's an unknown entity to you so they'll always be that sense of trepidation with a new experience. Modafinil does need to be used responsibly as if you use it every day it could make you feel a bit burnt out. You may also find it hard getting to sleep. If you can feel cravings start to take hold, take a step back straight away and have a few days off. I have to say it's also just very enjoyable in general. Go with your intuition and you can't go wrong though. Your heart will tell you what the best course of action is. I'm feeling the urge to take it every day right now, that can't be denied. I've struggled with overthinking and lack of focus for years so it's a Godsend. If I'm addicted, well that's fine with me. I'd rather be addicted to Modafinil than addicted to thinking. I'm happy to sacrifice my control as the benefits I'm getting from it are too good to be true. I can sit for hours and do nothing, it's so sublime. Or I can focus on a life purpose task without all the bullshit negativity and resistance. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter  Did you bought it prescribed ? how mutch do you pay for it ? 
I am an overthinking myself.... im looking forward to see how my mind is going to react to it !  We are all adicted to something so mutch is clear...