Wisebaxter

Modafinil is Amazing for Consciousness Work

113 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Elaborate more on that if you can...

This is an analogy is based on my experience with two days of 200ug of Modafinil taken about a week apart. I think a placebo effect is low because I didn't know what to expect. I just knew it was a nootropic that was considered relatively safe that mildly enhances cognition. The first day I took it and got active at work. I was not on the lookout thinking stuff like "Is it working?", "Am I feeling anything?". Rather, I got caught up in work and totally forgot I had taken it. During the day, there was a moment I was doing solo work and thought "Wow, I'm engaged in the flow today. Some insightful ideas are arising". Then I thought "Oh, I took Modafinil this morning - maybe it does work". I would estimate I enter these flow zones about 10% of the time. It was not a new experience. It's just a correlation. The day I took Modafinil, I entered a flow state that occurs somewhat rarely and most importantly, I had forgotten I took the Modafinil. This led me to believe that Modafinil is one variable in my body and environment that can help promote such a flow state. The second day on Modafinil was similar. I am now being aware of what other variable can synergize with the Modafinil. So far, I have noticed that interactions with others decreases the effects - so it seems this will be a tool for more solo type activities. I plan to test Modafinil in different solo activities in different environments. For example, next time I may spend time alone in nature, or meditate, or contemplate. 

In regards to my statement it "allows an environment for growth", my experience at meditation retreats is applicable. On the first day of the retreat, I have a busy mind thinking about work and different relationships. Yet the mediation retreat center allows an environment to relax and go inward. The second day, worries dissolve about work and stuff - yet I start thinking about meditation stuff like "what is the ego? ". What is the best theory of reality? I may engage in conversations with others. By the third day, I go more introspective and inward. Interacting with other people becomes a distraction. I want to engage with the present moment of what I am doing in the moment. This allows insights to arise. The meditation center did not put me in that place, it allowed an environment in which I could gently transition to that place. There is a similar sense with Modafinil - I don't feel like it is forcing me to do anything. it allows me to gently transition into the present and contemplate or be creative. It's like skipping the first two days of a retreat and going straight to day 3. Yet, I still have to put in some effort. If I'm texting throughout the first two days of the retreat and engaging with lots of distractions, I won't enter the presence and contemplation of day three.

@Serotoninluv thanks for sharing all that bro, really loved reading it and agree whole heartedly with everything you said. The Modafinil creates a mental environment where high growth is a lot easier and so the effects of this are bound to remain. It's like a painter being able to paint in the middle of a big city with no distractions and therefore develop his art a lot faster. 

I'm on Armodafinil today and I bloody love it. I forgot how good this stuff was. 

I'm going to perform an experiment soon, 15 days of Armodafinil and 'complete un-attachment from everything.' I'll just do 'sit and do nothing' all day every day and keep a journal of the effect it has on me. The last time I took Modafinil consistently I had a very brief mystical experience so I'm optimistic I can get some more of that action going :) 

I think the fact modafinil quietens your mind and improves your focus, enables you to dig deeper into the thoughts that do occur with a greater clarity and concentration, to see how you're creating meaning all the time. I've been noticing so much self-deception today, almost constantly. It's almost like I've been able to take a step back a look at my actions from a more zoomed out perspective. I can see much more clearly how I've been applying meaning to everything based on my agenda and my beliefs. It's freaked me out a bit as I'm noticing it more and more. Don't know if anyone else had found they've had more spontaneous insights on modafinil, or had more clarity in general. I feel it's almost like a 'woke' pill. Keeps you woke and awake lol. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

Hello,

I took a half of the pill of Modafinil yesterday and today, but it makes me dizzy and a little bit tired. I wonder if those are common side effects? And do they go away when you gain the tolerance? Or do you think it is just not suitable for me? That would be a shame, since I‘ve just got a 100 pills. 
I‘ve also got Ritalin, but I didn‘t try it yet.

2 hours ago, SimonaMay said:

Hello,

I took a half of the pill of Modafinil yesterday and today, but it makes me dizzy and a little bit tired. I wonder if those are common side effects? And do they go away when you gain the tolerance? Or do you think it is just not suitable for me? That would be a shame, since I‘ve just got a 100 pills. 

@SimonaMay So you didn't get any of the positive effects at all? Just dizzy and tired? Hmm. Tired I can understand, as your body is going into overdrive and you're bound to crash a bit, especially if you stay up for a long period. 

3 hours ago, SimonaMay said:

Hello,

@SimonaMay Modafinil is not for you.

Take your fingers away from ritalin!!! Ritalin is not a joke.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Why such huge price differences for the same amount and dosages?

Screenshot_20220219-231451.png

@Wisebaxter I felt a little dizzy for aproximatelly 5 hours, at first I doubted if it was from modafinil, as I have recently experienced quite often dizzyness caused by stress at work, but I took a half of the pill yesterday again and after a couple of minutes I experienced a light dizzyness and a little bit of tirednes( I think caused by dizzyness). I was perfectly fine driving thought. And about the positive effect: for sure not when I felt dizzy, maybe just in the evening, but even then I couldn’t say if I could concentrate more ? so strange

pharmaceuticals have heavy metals. you may be backfiring on yourself in the medium-term game

@SimonaMay Did you carry on with Modafinil or give up after those negative effects? 

I'm planning on using it for my studies soon as I have to work too to support myself. I'm hoping this tool can get me through ok. Possibly some microdosing too as I think psychs are similar to Modafinil in some ways. Broader thinking, the quietening of the mind.