montecristo

Lucid dreaming on steroids!

19 posts in this topic

So I do a lot of layman health research and experimentation, I came across this thing called inclined bed therapy which is the idea that if one sleeps on an inclined surface it has all sorts of benefits for circulation, glymphatic system, back pain etc. This guy says there is archeological evidence that this is how all ancient egyptians slept and that they believed laying flat was synonymous with death.

I slipped some books underneath the feet of the head of my bed and have been trying this for several months and noticed little if any health effects but what I did discover was that it reliably gave me unbelievably vivid, semi lucid dreams. every. single. night. I am lazy so Im not doing proper lucid dreaming protocol but if I was i'd be able to start a robust practice. dream recall after waking is very good with this.

I think it has something to do with the position of the inner ear tricking the nervous system into thinking you're awake and walking around. I also suspect it could cause you to have less deep sleep which i worry about, although I am no less rested upon waking than if i werent inclined so who knows.

the main point here is that I highly doubt any chemical or nootropic can illicit this reliable of response, it fundamentally changes your bodies relationship to gravity and therefore your nervous system. really interesting stuff, let me know what you guys think.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

One of the most useful threads I've read here. Thank you! :)

This is how many people slept in history. I always heard it was because of acid reflux/heartburn.

I should have mentioned how efficacious it is for heartburn, that's right.

Research shows that side sleeping is better for the glymphatic system to do it's job of clearing beta-amyloid plaques in the brain. To extrapolate that out it would also make sense that adjusting the angle of the bed could have an effect as well. Enhancing the glymphatic system seems it would have all kinds of nervous system health implications especially faster resensitization of receptor sites to dopamine, serotonin etc.

In the past before using the inclined bed i would have a weed hangover for 2-3 days post use, I have for sure noticed faster recovery times in this area. Still feel the weed the next day but after that it's seems to clear out quicker than usual and im dopamine sensitive again in no time. I find it makes smoking weed less addictive too as im back to normal more quickly.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

@montecristo So its just a slight incline with the books? I'm looking at sleeping wedges now... Some are more inclined and some are more flat.

Check out this one, it looks perfect but a bit expensive to just experiment with 

https://www.amazon.com/Broyhill-GelLux-Cooling-Memory-Mattress/dp/B07P49WCTQ/ref=sr_1_38?crid=1NYKXSFEGHKIS&keywords=incline+sleeping+pillow&qid=1554386502&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&s=gateway&sprefix=INCLINE+sleeping+pi%2Caps%2C253&sr=8-38

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Forget that wedge thing, likely won’t be as effective, no need to buy anything just keep it simple. Books allow you to customize the height incrementally. 6 inches is what this guy recommends, I have tried 6 inches but I found I was sliding down and anyway it’s unnecessary given that the dream effect is stable nightly for me at a 3 inch lift. Just pop 3 inches worth of books or whatever under the feet at the HEAD of your bed. Just make sure it’s the same height on either side obv. 

4 hours ago, montecristo said:

Forget that wedge thing, likely won’t be as effective, no need to buy anything just keep it simple. Books allow you to customize the height incrementally. 6 inches is what this guy recommends, I have tried 6 inches but I found I was sliding down and anyway it’s unnecessary given that the dream effect is stable nightly for me at a 3 inch lift. Just pop 3 inches worth of books or whatever under the feet at the HEAD of your bed. Just make sure it’s the same height on either side obv. 

Lol you must sleep alone

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Interesting. I've been interested in lucid dreams literally my whole life, since I was 16.  All the books that I've read said that in order to remember your dreams, you must wake up from them. So they suggested if you had to get up at say 9am , to set a alarm for 6, then set it for a hour later, then a hour later, then a hour later. Basically because the REM period gets longer the longer that you sleep. So I started doing this, the only problem is now I can't turn that part of me off. I almost always wake up 4 hours after I sleep, then a hour later, then a hour later then a hour later and so on. Only had maybe 3 or 4 lucid dreams to show for it. But many MANY night's of 2, 3 even 4 dream recollections. This sounds like a awesome method, and I'll certainly be giving it a go. But again, have no idea how to have a straight 8 hour sleep anymore. Would be cool if anyone had any experience with that. 

@montecristo Update. Yes it does work!

Not every night for me, but weekly. More than lucid dreams too. Visions and astral projection too. I've done more than incline my bed though. Proof that you're shaped by your environment!

nice to get some feedback about it from others, cant say im surprised to hear that it works though haha.

can you tell a bit more about what else youre doing in conjunction to inclining your bed?

I have fallen asleep in a meditative posture a few times (admittedly not by intention most times!) 

But I have had very very vivid dream walking experiences every time. I had never connected the posture to the experience - giving more weight to being in a meditative state of mind.

Very interesting. Thank you. 

Trying this tonight

Just smoked a pipe of NN-DMT so feeling pretty zen. Will report back :)

Ended up not doing it as it had gotten quite late and I was not falling asleep quickly and have stuff to do this morning. Will experiment with it though.

Edited by Druid420
Report back

Can confirm this does work. Increases the amount of Vivid dreams a crazy amount. Literally making sleep addictive with the amount of dreams I get. 

I'll also report getting a more restful sleep. And thus needing less of it. 

Had a friend try it and he was baffled with the results he got by doing something so Stupidly simple. 

This is an amazing thing to try because you get result right away on your first night. 10/10.

If you're reading this and haven't tried it, do it! What have you got to lose?! 

This is literally "here's one weird trick" tier level shit. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 2/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, montecristo said:

I also suspect it could cause you to have less deep sleep which i worry about,

The vast majority of deep sleep happens during the first half of the night, and the vast majority of dreams happen during the second half. So, just sleep the first half normal, and the second half inclined.