Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

what is enlightenment?

17 posts in this topic

enlightenment is about seeing things as they are

this is where the 8 fold , 4 noble truths , yoga all comes into play to act in the correct way. 

in any given situation, are you seeing the situation for what it is, or are you adding your own interpretations onto the scenery

any words, thoughts, feelings emotions are methods of intepretting the situation incorrectly 

because it implies a seperate self is having an experience of intepretting the actual situation 

this self is able to percieve the objective from a subjective (self ) point of view

can you see it? 

the big picture 

that all there is is awareness 

theres no such thing as a human body, its a concept, the true self is inside the concept, because it is the concept itself. 

and thats the problem, you can't flash a flashlight on the source of light ,the light bulb in a torch. 

This is what takes years to perfect, but the paradox continues you are the very thing yourself. so there is nothing to perfect. from a subjective point of view there is. 

Indeed, enlightenment is about seeing things as they are. Seeing clearly, becoming conscious of what IS. Which the mind cannot do. Prior to knowing, prior to evidence, prior to truth and not truth, prior to the mind. There lies that which simply is the case: Being, Consciousness, Awareness. That which is Everything, that which Alone exists as One without a second. I and You are the Truth, the evidence, the knowing. I and You are God, the undeniable fact of the matter, where the opinion of the mind, the person and the ego simply does not exist.

@Aakash After realising the truth? Are you free from materialistic desires sensual pleasures anger hate jelousy etc? 

@Highest its hard for me to ask this but do you know this in actuality or in concept? 

concept = just knowing there is one 

actuality = just knowing there is one

have you actually gone out and found the one? 

@Jkris A) I'm not realised

b) i think i'm with wintersolider on this one, there's no point of answering questions about yourself 

they're misleading to the point where they don't help in anyway 

because you hold concepts about it- yourself 

put it like this 

i'm not very self-developed, embodiment etc all of that kind of things , to an adult level or master level so to speak 

but none of that changes the thing you are? 

so i would say yes i'm still capable of jealousy, fear etc all of those kind of things, or any possible delusions for that matter, i could always self delude myself but i dont think ill hold attachments to it. so i won't suffer from it. i'll still experience it. 

but i don't think id be like oohh why am i feeling these things ,  i shouldn't be thinking like this, this is wrong for me to do, 

because i think anyway i'm aware of the i, to the degree that i'm aware of it. 

@Aakash leo says some ppl are deeply enlightenment? Are there any levels of enlightenment?

Why some ppl reniunce the world and becomes monk? Ater enlightenment say Ramana Maharishi for example? 

@Jkris i'm not equipped in the function of speech to say a perfect answer really, like i said i'm not very self -developed 

if you believe there is a concept called enlightenment, then yes you can have varying degrees of consciousness and enlightenments. The search can always get deeper and deeper and you can create all sorts of self-delusions for yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Jkris said:

Why some ppl reniunce the world and becomes monk?

what is there to do when you realise it's all an illusion, the best thing to do after is to do absolutely nothing and reside in knowing of the true self because if you hunt for something it merely is only another delusion of the giant mind that is reality. everywhere you go, any direction you move is and is an illusion. when you know this truth and are not in ignorance then what would you do if you had this realisation in the future? 

plus the thing that you are , once you probably realise it at a high level is close to silence, aka or you don't exsist and so they go live in a monastary. 

@Aakash ok. I think its better to experience the truth and find it for oneself. Else it's going to be a hindrance. This is what i understand currently from your words. 

26 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Highest its hard for me to ask this but do you know this in actuality or in concept? 

concept = just knowing there is one 

actuality = just knowing there is one

have you actually gone out and found the one? 

No, not concept. Direct experience, actuality. I didn't get out in any way to find it, I am already the One. I just became conscious of this, I am conscious of this 24/7. How I am so is not easy to explain in language, duality. 

@Aakash Great insights. I’d just be aware of the mind’s desire to call and claim a thing as “enlightenment” ( A thing being any term, image, concept or experience). 

Enlightenment is a Path.  It's a Path that begins with an unenlightened Ego-Mind and ends with an enlightened Ego-Mind that's able to mediate itself with being through a practice of No Ego.

4d04e23d703944548e1d526c1589389d.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Ultimately, I see enlightenment as unconditional freedom! 
Even freedom from trying to understand or conceptualize “what enlightenment is”.

12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Enlightenment is a Path.  It's a Path that begins with an unenlightened Ego-Mind and ends with an enlightened Ego-Mind that's able to mediate itself with being through a practice of No Ego.

If you think there is an end, then you're so not there ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them