Merch

Gravity does no exist?

70 posts in this topic

I just remembered that in one of his Videos Leo said that Gravity does not exist.

Sounds interesting, but I dont really get that. Obviously there is some kind of force that makes 2 things attract each other. And i guess when you use the equation you can predict how excatly things will move. So what should "Gravity does not exist" mean?

Can someone explain?

Gravity, among other concepts in science are concepts. Concepts are outside of reality. 99.9% sure you're not referring to a rational inquiry given you're speaking on existence.

@Merch  Alternate explanations to your questions of gravity might be density, buoyancy and magnetism.

Perform the following experiment. Choose two different objects. Hold each one at arms length, let go of them both at the same time. What did both objects do? Describe it to yourself.

How is the description you told yourself different from the actual event?

Is gravity the actual event, or the description?

All stories and explanations are false.

@Merch instead, ask yourself what is existence?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

The map is not the territory :D

Our entire model of reality is imagination as a means of navigating and understanding the world.

Funny how that works

@Merch

On 10/02/2019 at 2:15 PM, Merch said:

Obviously there is some kind of force that makes 2 things attract each other.

No, there is no force. There is only what you experience (without the concepts about experience). Your direct experience is prior to theory and explanation and science.

And to be more precise, there are no two things to be attracted to each other, that is just a thought. A relatively valid one.

When Leo talks existentially, he is always pointing to the Absolute existential Truth.

Stop thinking about the universe as a strictly-following-the-rules-machine. Instead, appreciate how little we know about the universe and how everything could possibly change in a blink of an eye. Just because gravity worked perfectly for let's say from your birth until now, does not mean that it's absolute (or as Leo put it, doesn't exist).

More broadly, force does not exist. Force is just a made up human idea to explain stuff going on around him.

There are no actual force vectors on objects the way you might draw them in physics class. All of that is a projection of the physicist's mind.

Actual being happens magically and amechanically. Reality does not need math or forces to happen. It just be's whatever it wants because there is nothing outside itself to limit it.

Think of it this way: a king who had absolute power could materialize a chair out of thin air. He would not need to go saw down a tree and fashion a chair piece by piece. He could just imagine the chair into existence. And that would be the most efficient and direct way to make things. That's what absolute power allows: EVERYTHING!

Ta-da!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

More broadly, force does not exist. Force is just a made up human idea to explain stuff going on around him.

There are no actual force vectors on objects the way you might draw them in physics class. All of that is a projection of the physicist's mind.

Actual being happens magically and amechanically. Reality does not need math or forces to happen. It just be's whatever it wants because there is nothing outside itself to limit it.

Think of it this way: a king who had absolute power could materialize a chair out of thin air. He would not need to go saw down a tree and fashion a chair piece by piece. He could just imagine the chair into existence. That's what absolute power allows: EVERYTHING!

Ta-da!

How does one control this power to fit their egotistical needs?

4 minutes ago, Rinne said:

How does one control this power to fit their egotistical needs?

This is precisely why you are not given access to such power, devil.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If this is the case, do you think that the only thing holding the "laws of physics" in place is the limiting belief of most of society that there are such things? Said another way: if a certain portion of the population were to have the knowledge of actualized.org, do you think physical reality as we know it would start to REALLY become whacky and mystical? Because with my current understanding, we live in a participatory universe, and perhaps our collective consciousness is creating its own limits... What are you thoughts on this?

Sent from my iEgo

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is precisely why you are not given access to such power, devil.

I don't know if that is the case. The absolute has no preference over devils and non-devils, truth and bullshit, ego or no ego, good or bad.

Infinity would be a better answer to this.

Somewhere in infinity you DO have such power, just not in this part of it.

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

If this is the case, do you think that the only thing holding the "laws of physics" in place is the limiting belief of most of society that there are such things?

No, I don't think so.

The "physical laws" are held in place because they are necessary to have these kinds of human experiences we are having.

Maybe if God wanted to be a 10-dimensional hyper-slug it wouldn't hold our physical laws. And that probably happens. But so long as you are human, to be human is to play within our physical ruleset at least to some degree. Otherwise you stop being human and become some kind of hyper-slug alien thing.

46 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

I don't know if that is the case. The absolute has no preference over devils and non-devils, truth and bullshit, ego or no ego, good or bad.

But in a certain sense it does because evolution slowly weeds out devilry. That's its whole point!

There is a Grand Design at work. I don't see God giving devils unlimited power. There are constraints on devilry. An unconstrained devil would turn all of creation into an ugly shitshow, spoiling the Beauty and Perfection of the Grand Design. You can't exactly allow Osama Bin Laden to materialize a nuclear weapon with his mind.

At least that's my best guess so far.

God's creation has exquisite balance. Perfect Divine Balance!

34 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Infinity would be a better answer to this.

Somewhere in infinity you DO have such power, just not in this part of it.

Post-egoic powers are post-egoic.. . 

It’s like saying I want to experience skydiving while still holding on to the airplane.

An ego needs to surrender for post-egoic phenomena to be revealed.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But in a certain sense it does because evolution slowly weeds out devilry. That's its whole point!

You very well may be correct for this particular universe. Infinity would have to include such a scenario or else it wouldn't be infinite.

But infinity must also include the exact opposite of that!

1 + -1 = 0

@Shadowraix It is still not entirely clear to me how Infinity is reconciled with Beauty and Perfection.

Beautiful design precisely requires that certain possibilities be excluded. Randomness is not beautiful design. Our world is not random.

Infinity is NOT just a random collection of all things. That's the paradox of it.

@Leo Gura So reality isn't the ONLY way it could be? But if it were different, wouldn't that undermine Beauty and Perfection?

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState That's the paradox. I'm still working on understanding it.