Harikrishnan

24 questions from six pillars of self esteem book.

5 posts in this topic

There is a chapter in six pillars of self esteem about Nurturing a child's self esteem. Where the author ask a list of questions( 24 questions )which he used in psychotherapy to facilitate exploration into the childhood orgin of poor self esteem. So he says this 24 question can be stimulants to self examination for individual.  After reading it find i had troubles with my childhood. So what to do about this question, just acknowledge it or anything else. He dosent say anything about what to do.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

33 minutes ago, DavidK said:

"Awareness is curative". 

Easy ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan I am reading that too and doing the sentence completion at the moment!!

Once you answered the questions in the list, do you see any recurring patterns in your life that stem from any of the beliefs?

I feel like you already answered your question because now you want to go back and look at your self beliefs that are really just you clinging to experiences from childhood.

Most people have not taken this step, so they are unaware of how they are effecting their actions-- therefore they just become slaves to those past experiences.

You Can now begin to see that those were just a false beliefs you can begin to let go.

5 hours ago, Karla said:

@Harikrishnan I am reading that too and doing the sentence completion at the moment!!

Once you answered the questions in the list, do you see any recurring patterns in your life that stem from any of the beliefs?

I feel like you already answered your question because now you want to go back and look at your self beliefs that are really just you clinging to experiences from childhood.

Most people have not taken this step, so they are unaware of how they are effecting their actions-- therefore they just become slaves to those past experiences.

You Can now begin to see that those were just a false beliefs you can begin to let go.

Thank you for your response. I always thought like i had a awesome childhood. See i was comparing my childhood with that of those kids who had no food,shelter,clothes etc. But reading this chapter i realised no that is not the case. Many flashes of old days came like how my self expression was supressed, how my desires and needs where supressed and many more. That 24 questions really gave me a hard time. After that i opened up with a close friend of mine all the things without any shyness, it was like i was expressing myself fully, after talking with her i was really exhausted. Have to check that questions once again today.

Edited by Harikrishnan