Peo

why some people attain enlightenment faster then others?

116 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Shin said:

Open-mindedness, intuition, vulnerability, willigness, faith, vision etc

Most people don't value or train those abilities, thinking enlightenment will be attained by "x" number of hours on the cushion.
The real work is to unfuck yourself of your thoughts and emotions patterns (which is a 24/7 practice), not to be at peace 20 minutes a day sitted on your bed.

Also, most people don't suffered enough, and therefore don't see any interest to feel better, since they think they are happy.
Or they aren't interested in metaphysical questions, which is totally understandable since we're at stage orange worldwide.

Eckhart Tolle is a bad example, the reason he got enlightened in 1 night is because he was suffering so much, that he couldn't stand living with "himself" anymore.
Very few people would have an enlightenment experience instead of committing suicide with such an experience.

@Shin Interesting that in one sentence you said that most people haven’t suffered enough and in the very next say that Eckart was a bad example because he was suicidal/ extreme sufferring.

The fact that he was suicidal Is somewhat of a metaphysical question— a life or death question that ultimately forced him to realize a middle option.

Should I kill myself was an awakening metaphysical question for him ha ha. 

@Peo This: 

+ genetics and luck

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

This question is the same question as why does anything equal anything.

Its concept and not actuality. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Are we getting lost in concept and imagination here and not in what is real?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Peo

Genetics, Education, Childhood experiences, Spiral dynamics stages around you, Culture, Tradition, Religion, Intelligence, Climate, Openness, Work ethic. All these things, they determine the speed of your enlightenment, what are they? They are all part of Maya,  they are all part of the game. THeir purpose is to influence your journey in a unique way. And the ultimate jouney ofc is the path to enlightenment. 

The whole purpose of this here is to experience the journey in so many different ways <3

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

for absolute infinity to have a fininite mode of being, which includes the creation of souls, absolute infinity itself must create the illusion of life, 

multiple lifes = multiple souls by emperical numbers of past/ future

however, when an enlightened master says they have seen their previous lives, it is not entirely correct. what they mean is visions that do not belong immediately in their experiencing gets downloaded into their heads in a matter of meditation, this can be interpretted as previous lives, and then you get the notion of souls, as i said the illusion of life= souls 

but really they're creating that awareness there and then and is as real as any other form of awareness, i.e the awareness of a dream like meditative state experiencing their previous lives is exactly the same as a person eat a cheeseburger. 

all stories can be justified thereafter and explanations given that its old lives. 

As for why people get enlightened faster than others, i would say that each of us who believe we are a soul carry with us our own baggage of illusions and self delusions which we exhibited to get ourselves to this very point in time and this current understanding irrespective of what we know/ believe. remember we are each a self-delusion ourselves, and yes in respect to a time orientated timeline, we have gathered karmic energy over many lifetimes because a soul can not be born in one life time in my opinion, it takes alot of lifetimes to accumulate an infinite number of self-delusions into one place at one time in the infinite. some people have less baggage than others and therefore are able to become enlightened faster than others. 

if i had to explain in detail

reality itself is an illusion creating machine 

so leo for example could have racked up 5 illusions over an infinity of time, the order of those illusions go: 

1) I (not in words, in feeling, infinity feels like its alive) 

2) i am alive (this is me, look i exsist) 

3) i am 30 

4) this is a cat 

5) we is spelt W AND E 

lets say i myself have created 500 delusions, (my soul, just like leo's soul is his own<-- because he has amassed delusions of i) 

1) i , 2) i am alive, 3) i eat chocolate 4) chocolate is brown 5) i have a sweet tooth 6) etc etc etc etc 

this is you building up karmic energy, 

You have to undo each of these delusions to see the self but they range in strength, size, because were talking about the power of imagination. 

we are all just an imagination, in reality nothing is happening. in TRUE REALITY and even the fact that we are souls is not happening with x number of delusions is not happening. these delusions are imaginary within the mind because infinity accepts everything as whole, so imaginary isn't even imaginary, its a word that does not exist in reality. 

Do you guys think it is possible to take a DNA test to see what your strengths and obstacles are in this enlightenment journey? 

Edited by Peo

@Peo No, the DNA sequence is itself an illusion. it might seem like it correlates to a change in protein structure for example and that might possibly relate to a certain type of disease, enlightenment is the totality of this whole event, its like saying to look at DNA is to investigate the yolk of an egg and enlightenment is the whole egg itself. 

PS i understand i'm not speaking from a materialistic paradigm, so saying it is an illusion isn't going to help you. so to explain by maybe saying DNA and enlightenment are not connected, both are different concepts. 

SORRY i'm not adept to really answers questions in the correct format. but i hope i managed to help in some way. 

6 hours ago, Karla said:

@Shin Interesting that in one sentence you said that most people haven’t suffered enough and in the very next say that Eckart was a bad example because he was suicidal/ extreme sufferring.

The fact that he was suicidal Is somewhat of a metaphysical question— a life or death question that ultimately forced him to realize a middle option.

Should I kill myself was an awakening metaphysical question for him ha ha. 

There is a balance to have.

In his case, most people would just kill themselves.

A little less suffering, just enough to be in a deep depression, but not to the point of killing yourself is what will make seriously move someone to take spirituality seriously.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@John Lula its called freedom in a way, reality doesn't need to be any other way and therefore it allows itself to be what ever it wants to be without exception. so yes your thoughts become your own self-deluded reality and that includes your beliefs as you mentioned. as for a soul, its better to just think that there is one supreme spirit/ soul which is the same in all of us. This is ofcourse a concept to describe the actual thing in reality but its a more truthful concept lets say. just don't believe it wholeheartedly and find out for yourself

Regarding the topic:

Why some people don't attain enlightenment at all? Why there are some who didn't even heard about such? 

You should think over yourself 

Edited by tedens

@tedens

2 minutes ago, tedens said:

Why some people don't attain enlightenment at all?

1) they either don't know about it 

2) they are seeking too much 

3) they are lost in concept land

4) its difficult to seek the very thing that you already are

5) its so blindingly obvious that its too easy to reject the idea

3 minutes ago, tedens said:

Why there are some who didn't even heard about such? 

there are very few people who attain the realisation, and when they do its so stupid and laughable that there's no point of saying it to people. only if you still have ideal concepts about what enlightenment is that you go and tell other people, look there's this amazing thing it helps with a,b,c. these are fake gurus in my opinion. then you get the genuine ones who help spread the word, only through their teachings, they never actually say to people you should hunt enlightenement. 

you can't tell people something they already are, or they will just laugh and say i know, when they don't really understand what your trying to describe. 

for example, the sentence are you aware? can make you enlightened. its just doesn't transfer the essence of the word i hold and change what the essence of the word you hold too 

and this is the same for the world enlightenment. most people think enlightenment was a period of time from the 1800's to 1950's where scientific revolutions were in booming constant, this involves light, engines (i think)  etc.. it was the time for science. 

for some people its too direct of a solution

if i told you enlightenment would end your suffering and then i said meditate, most people wouldn't actually do it unless they are suffering. 

@Peo  Dude the best people in the world ,are those that have asked themselves the most question. so good on you! 

@Peo I don't think your going find the answer to this in DNA.

The truth is more like "we are all here to discover what we truly are". It's a mission each has sent himself on. Some have never forgotten what their true mission in life is, while others have totally forgotten or they are in the process of remembering. Thanks to Leo and all his work he is reminding ppl what their true mission in life is and why they are really here - to discover thy self.

Value the architect building skyscrapers above “my” complete & full enlightenment.  It reveals value projection, on enlightenment, but there’s no such thing as enlightenment, and value is a thought. ”Quality of life”, is relativity / relative.

Then factor in one who is well aware of this comes accross someone who is suicidal, and so they tell a story about how “you’d just be starting over”, or “you lived many lives to get to this point, keep going!”. It’s just hard to spot a story in a story. 

“Understanding” = Infinite Humor, like a punchline “needs” the setup. 

Without “understanding”, there is no inner & outer world, only crystalline emptiness, thoughtless and without movement.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE