Viking

coffee every day?

8 posts in this topic

I want to start drinking a cup of coffee every day, once a day in the morning. I heared it can boost dopamine and serotonin and im slightly depressed so that might help. also heared though that coffee damages teeth, makes the mouth smell bad, and eventually my body will just get used to the coffee and it wont have any effect. im not sure though if my body will get used to the coffee if i drink just once a day. what are your thoughts?

I've been working to do without that cup of coffee a day, for the past months. If you want to follow this journey, you can do so at:

I want to be a non-coffee drinker and stay that way. Tolerance builds quickly and after a few weeks you will need a few cups just to feel awake and normal. Along with the trouble falling asleep, extra heart racing and anxiety during the day, and energy crashes that coffee brings.

Any health - mental or otherwise - benefits of coffee to me smell like society rationalizing its favorite addiction.

I have dealt with feeling slightly depressed for the better part of 2018. To address that, I researched and compiled an extensive list of foods that boost serotonin, other ingredients that boost dopamine, and also the ones that boost testosterone, because this is important for energy and feeling positive and calm. I have these lists on my kitchen cabinets to inspire my cooking. I find this helpful. If you want these lists, PM me and save yourself some googling and editing.

For me, the most effective measures against slight depression have proven to be:

• weight training
  • adjusting diet
  • 'shamanic breathing'
  • meditation
  • microdosing psilocybin
  • creating a clear vision for myself that I revisit every day

Coffee will just bring you anxiety and stress in the long run.

Edited by flowboy
add link

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

40 minutes ago, flowboy said:

Coffee will just bring you anxiety and stress in the long run.

I double it

Although in the short run coffee will get you what you want

@Viking Drink green tea my dude. You'll get far less dependency symptoms and long term negative effects. The rule of thumb I have for a drug is that the less overt the change, the easier it is to use sensibly and frequently. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

If you dont need it, theres no real long term benefit to it. Once you get used to coffee, you still want that little boost of anxiety to allow yourself to work. I started taking things like adderall and coffee together just to write papers. And then you need something like alcohol or weed to sleep so it can become a nasty cycle if you do it unconsciously. Taking coffee led me to smoking tobacco and weed which has made the last 2 years a struggle to get back to step one. I overlooked it and didnt think it could happen to me. As long as it doesnt become a crutch to do something then you are fine. 10/10 recommend fueling your own fire. 

There is an amino acid in Green called Theanine. It can be bough as a supplement in the amounts 50-200mg at it has provne benefits for lifting depression and reducing stress or anxiety. It is not toxic and it is not addictive. Perhaps try that and see if it helps. 

For me personally coffee gives me a lot of anxiety and restless mind but perhaps could have different effect on others. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

when I drink coffee I shit 2 to 4 times over the next few hours and it hurts. Green tea is enough caffeine if I need it (most of the time I go decaf), so I drink that every morning instead since it doesn't fuck up my digestive system and is healthy.

I support this! Chronic (so when your body has become used to it) coffee drinking correlates with lower rates of depression and much lower rates of suicide, and a host of other health benefits. It's worth questioning the conventional narrative around places like this that coffee is a naughty habit. When you do start drinking it, pay attention to how it works for you, if you like it or not.

You can avoid the problems with breath and teeth yellowing by brushing your teeth in the morning after you have your cup. It's a good habit to brush your teeth in the morning anyways.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.