Joseph Maynor

What Do You Think About Rupert Spira's Teachings

31 posts in this topic

I'm planning to go see him in the next 24 months (retreat or seminar) so I'll keep you updated ❤️

A+ stuff

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I love him, I'm trying to watch every single upload, I was doing breath and mantra meditations in the morning, very nice, but for a change I started using his guided meditations, very different from just meditating on my own, he's very clear and good, love him

He dose events literally two minuets away from my house, I've been going to see him for years. Great teacher and a really nice guy. I have met him loads of times. He for sure is a living embodement of this stuff.  

It's weird that people jump all over Teal Swan with a kind of embarrassing relish but have nothing but nice polite things to say about Rupert Spira.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's weird that people jump all over Teal Swan with a kind of embarrassing relish but have nothing but nice polite things to say about Rupert Spira.

why do you think that's the case?

unborn Truth

1 minute ago, ajasatya said:

I'm not sure.  I'll have to ponder that.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Haven’t seen too many Rupert videos but my guess is the content focus and Teals background. 

Both offer good info no doubt. Doesn’t Rupert focus on pushing his audience to verify for themselves? Teal likes to push her perspective/opinions 

31 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Because Spira is the living embodiment of anti-cult-like. Which is how the best spiritual teachers are.

Where are the Rupert Spira groupies with Rupert Spira tattoos and mugs?

Like I said before, the highest sign of mastery is humility. It's very hard for the devil to fake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think Rupert Spira, as nice as he may be as a person, falls into the trap of conceptualizing Enlightenment into a morass of Metaphysics.  Maybe people don't see this as readily as I do.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor What is you talkin about? He's as direct and simple as it gets.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor What is you talkin about? He's as direct and simple as it gets.

Let me watch his video again to make sure I'm being fair about this.

47 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think Rupert Spira, as nice as he may be as a person, falls into the trap of conceptualizing Enlightenment into a morass of Metaphysics.  Maybe people don't see this as readily as I do.

To only way to be less direct than Spira is to be silent.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Unfortunately Joseph metaphisical morass is the key here.

lol what's maynor up to today

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Like I said before, the highest sign of mastery is humility. It's very hard for the devil to fake.

13 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Maybe people don't see this as readily as I do.

xD xD

1 hour ago, p1xelmonk said:

lol what's maynor up to today

xD xD

You took a couple of quotes out of context to take a shot at me.  Clever yes, but not such a nice person clearly on your end.  You don't see your own Ego clearly yet.  Are you implying that Leo is humble?  Even if you want to say I am not humble, I don't think Leo is the standard for humility by any measure.  Don't derail my discussion about Rupert Spira.  You guys don't want to criticize Rupert Spira because you agree with his beliefs.  You're ideologically aligned with Rupert Spira's teaching.  Teal Swan doesn't get that courtesy apparently.  I've learned something with this.  Your Ego-Mind will criticize who it takes to be a threat.  Just like you took a shot at me lol.  Your Ego-Mind saw me as a threat on some level.  That's what motivated you to take a shot at me.  Something about me rubs your Ego-Mind the wrong way.  And my question to you is: Am I the kind of person that you tried to paint me as or not?  Were you fair or even trying to be fair or charitable to me?  Nope.  Not at all.  You didn't care about that at all.  You just wanted to throw me under the bus.  So, look at yourself.  Look at your own not so compassionate behavior.  So, what's up with that?  That's you -- what's up with that?  I'm gonna rightly turn the table back around on you.  You criticize me, but look at you.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor