Marinus

Friend girl had a break up and needs me

10 posts in this topic

So I know this girl from college (or I should say woman  because she is 6 years older then me) and she had a long distant relationship with someone far away. Her boyfriend broke up unexpectedly. I broke up too a month ago. 

Now she says things aren't going too well for her and she says she wants to please see me soon ?. 

I don't really know her that well and I think it's strange that she wants to talk to me. She has a bigger social circle than I do, because I don't have one. I only visited her once almost a year ago and I haven't seen her much in a year either 

I never had such a situation and I want to know how I can help her and why she wants to meet up with me. 

Edited by Marinus

@Charlotte sorry I don't understand what you mean with weary? 

Anyway she will be at my place at any minute now. 

She wants to have rough sex with a stranger to forget his ex.

Hope it was fun ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin haha, no she didn't. We had a good conversation. I learned her spiral dynamics and stuff. 

She might be interested in you or not (wanting a relationship or just a supportive friend), we don't know and maybe she doesn't know herself. Most likely, she just wants someone kind to be with for now. If you're interested in her, but the breakup is recent, you may want to wait till her thinking is a little clear. 

Some (most?) girls go from relationship to relationship, but the partner-choices made in the middle of breakup grieving don't tend to be the best ones - meaning if you go too close too fast, you're likely to end up being the one she breaks up with a few months later. 

Edited by Elisabeth

@Shin@Elisabeth

I don't want a relationship. She isn't over the guy btw. I want friends so this is a start. We have a lot common so I'll enjoy conversation with her as much as I can. I think she sees me as a good conversationalist and someone from her level, just like all of you guys. It's just new for me. I never had a girl as a friend before. 

Sometimes it's nice to talk to a casual friend outside one's inner friend circle. As long as she knows you aren't interested in a rebound relationship, it sounds like you could become better friends.

You missed the golden chance to bang man.???. She was sad and vulnerable ffs.

Edited by Good-boy