Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
isness is my bizness

Trying to Intellectualize Non Duality

6 posts in this topic

:)

“Mind wants to know that which is beyond mind. To know that which is beyond mind, mind must go—vanish, leaving no vestige  of itself behind. The humor of it is, the mind, which is finite,  wants to retain itself and yet know Truth, which is infinite. This is  the position of those who seek Truth through intellect. Few grasp  this fact, and so most grope and grapple in vain. “   —Meher Baba

An intellectual concept is only as helpful as it leads you to grow in a deeper way. I feel you though, I fall into the trap of overthinking too. It's not good, it really doesn't help us grow to try and understand intellectually things that are beyond our current experience.

It's not as simple as just letting go of this Intellectual desire, it must be thoroughly quenched before one can let it go, and even the "let go" is not in our control, it just happens, or one could say, god is helping us to let go.

Do you think you can control your desires? Well, you are in for quite a ride! xD

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

Trying to grasp god with our mind is as effective as to teach an ant how to do quantum physics maths ...

... You can try, but the chance of it to works is close to 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

images(53).jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them