Ampresus

How would practicing spirituality in space be like?

21 posts in this topic

Yes I mean real space. Like, that thing outside of the earth. How would meditating there be like? How would self-inquiry there be like? If you managed to enlighten in space, would it be a whole lot different than on earth?

Everybody knows that space has no gravity and the earth does (although I will admit that gravity is just a concept). Imagine meditating in this place where you have no weight. Where your body literally floats constantly. How different could it be from meditating on earth?

I have only recently realized that I think being an astronaut will be my life purpose. Of course I haven't fully contemplated about it yet, I am still very young, but I am trying to head into that direction with my education. If I ever get up there, I will try meditating. I don't care what cosmonaut or astronaut thinks I am sick in my head. I will definitely try it. What would you do if you had this chance?

A sensory deprivation tank may give a little taste of weightless meditation. I’ve gone to some places in the tank

42 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

If I ever get up there, 

@Ampresus Better start thinking like an astronaut if you wanna be one. There is no 'up' in space.:)

4 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

There is no 'up' in space.:)

There is no ‘up’ that I see NOW?

Edited by Jack River

14 minutes ago, Jack River said:

There is no ‘up’ that I see NOW?

1_D4v4JceAnfoAfj8DwkwA8w.png

@Ampresus Aren't we in space right now? :P

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

17 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Ampresus Aren't we in space right now? :P

Space is in us(?).. :P

Edited by Jack River

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Space is in us(?).. :P

OH no, not the language looping thing again! We're trapped in a wormhole, Morty ?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

11 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

OH no, not the language looping thing again! We're trapped in a wormhole, Morty ?

Hehe..no not lanaguage

Maybe even ‘warmwholes’ are trapped in us (?) ?

Edited by Jack River

Ok nvm sorry to ask such a question apparently instead of giving some kind of answer people make fun of how I said “up there”. 

5 hours ago, Ampresus said:

Ok nvm sorry to ask such a question apparently instead of giving some kind of answer people make fun of how I said “up there”. 

@Ampresus Nobody is making fun. Just pointing out that "up" is a very relative term.

Astronauts say that just being in space is a very awe inspiring experience so I would imagine meditating in space would be really great.

Do you ever watch the ISS passages? With a pair of binoculars you can make out the solar panels quite clearly. It's amazing!

There's a program called "Heavens Above". if you plug in your long. and lat. it will tell you when the next ISS sighting happens in your area.

Ever do any astro-photography? I'm really into it. Here's the rig I use.:)

$RL4NUJJ.JPG

On 9-2-2019 at 2:49 PM, cetus56 said:

Nobody is making fun. Just pointing out that "up" is a very relative term.

@cetus56 One post was enough, but instead there are a total of 8 posts related to this. Thanks for nothing and sorry that I don't understand what a relative term is. English is not my first language.

On 9-2-2019 at 2:49 PM, cetus56 said:

Do you ever watch the ISS passages? With a pair of binoculars you can make out the solar panels quite clearly. It's amazing!

There's a program called "Heavens Above". if you plug in your long. and lat. it will tell you when the next ISS sighting happens in your area.

Ever do any astro-photography? I'm really into it. Here's the rig I use.:)

@cetus56 I thought that instead of photographing, I will just go there. Oh and I can't afford a telescope. Although I am planning to buy one, I really want to see Saturn.

17 hours ago, Ampresus said:

17 hours ago, Ampresus said:

Oh and I can't afford a telescope. Although I am planning to buy one, I really want to see Saturn.

@Ampresus Educate yourself by learning how to build a "reflector" telescope then get one piece at a time.  If you decide you want to build a telescope PM me and I'll help however I can.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, Serotoninluv said:

A sensory deprivation tank may give a little taste of weightless meditation. I’ve gone to some places in the tank

It's so hard to not fall asleep!