Conceptually-made

12 rules for life by Jordan Peterson

5 posts in this topic

@Conceptually-made I've listened to the book. I think you would do better reading or listening to "7 Habits of Highly Successful people" or "Sextus Empiricus."(not read).

I was interested in Jordan Peterson more for the intellectual ideas, especially trying to understand the unconscious better. However, he lies excessively (see cider drinking or critising Kanavanugh and not knowing the position contested), if you want to gain something you need the good. He subscribes to a Nietzchean version of truth (Perspectivism), which can lead to pragmatism.(or a Map of Meaning). It does talk about maps and meaning in the 7 habits, but the focus on the darkside(habit) could be useful.

I would not recommend 12 Rules for Life, it doesn't even relate to the Jungian theory of Archetypes and Symbols; And not thinking in Rules. Pretty much all the mods and Leo do not recommend him. There's a book Jordanetics which I think is better, and will show you where you're being caught up by Peterson.

I do think the advice can be useful and valid...

Why drink water from a dirty sidewalk puddle when there are yawning glacial lakes around?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.