LoveandPurpose

presentation about spirituality for a high school class

57 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@LoveandPurpose  It also depends on your age, if you are first year of high school like me, your approach should probably be different, than if you were graduating, at least if you want to succeed :)

How do you think the approach should differ? I'm graduating btw :)

@LoveandPurpose  Well, the mental development is different. I assume you know your class mates, so... Also be careful about your ego, don't try to look superior to them, be playful, funny, give good metaphors... :) That applies to every age group.

22 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

I am a student in high school and I will give a talk about spirituality lasting no longer than 20-30 minutes. 

I want them to understand how much this could improve their lives and that this answers the most fundamental questions there are ("What is existence?").

I think experiencing it, not only talking about it, is important for them. I want them to get really interested in it, so they want to inform themselves about it on their own. 

How would you structure this presentation? How would you explain spirituality? And how would you let them get a little glimpse of it? Through a guided meditation?

Thank you in advance :)

What is their problem that they don’t know they are creating?

What is it, they don’t know they actually want?

What are they filling that hole with? What is statistically the next thing they’ll fill it with, and the next? 

What is that hole?  Why can’t it be filled?

How can each one of them know this, for their self? How can they understand emotions as messages?

How they “got to” where they are, is the answer to how to change it; to let it go, so something different can be experienced. 

Do they understand the nature of distraction? The root?

Have they been challenged to discover the power of doing nothing?  Has their ignor-ance ever been pointed out to them, from love?

Do they realize thoughts about what other people think (peer pressure) are just their own thoughts?

What I would have wanted, when I was depressed / suicidal, is just for someone to be the example I didn’t know existed. But as good fortune had it of course, I had to be that, for my Self. Though it has one seat, we’re all in this boat together. 

Why do some live in frustration & strife, while others flow effortlessly, synchronistically? What is different in their perspectives? Why is that worth more than diamonds & gold?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwE4NhPv8aQ

On a personal note Love&Purpose - you have already succeeded. You are doing this. There was a time you weren’t doing this. Consider making up a character & story, and tell them why, what you tried, what you found, what you did, and how the experience of your life has changed.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Whatever you do, don't try to sound like a spiritual teacher. Or worse, like a like a spiritual leader... :S That scares people off. Find a level of authenticity and of and humbleness that is right. Use subtle humor. And practice a lot in front of a camera or something.

man I haven't read this whole thread but I just gotta say you should be very careful.(and maybe not do it)

Take into consideration that whatever you say will be open for interpretation and most people(almost all) will not hear close to what you're trying to say. Look at contemporary culture. Are you trying to teach turquoise to orange?, it won't work. 

I'm in highschool too (Junior), and I never talk about spirituality, except my friends know I meditate. I am very cautious that people would take it so wrongly, but it might just be some fears I have taking it out of proportion.

6 hours ago, Cocolove said:

man I haven't read this whole thread but I just gotta say you should be very careful.(and maybe not do it)

Take into consideration that whatever you say will be open for interpretation and most people(almost all) will not hear close to what you're trying to say. Look at contemporary culture. Are you trying to teach turquoise to orange?, it won't work. 

I'm in highschool too (Junior), and I never talk about spirituality, except my friends know I meditate. I am very cautious that people would take it so wrongly, but it might just be some fears I have taking it out of proportion.

+1. You will have to try really hard to make it work. Many people will call you weirdo afterwards :D Not that you should care, just be prepared.

@Cocolove @bejapuskas That is true. I try to not go down the rabbit hole too much ("You are consciousness, which is absolute infinity and nothing at the same time." / "To experience you're God you have to die". :D)

I try to introduce them gently into this topic by showing them mainly that spirituality will improve their well-being which is covered by the illusion of their mind. 

At the end I mention that I just scratched the tip of the iceberg and that if anyone got interested they can research that themselves and that I can give them some resources to do that. :)

@Nahm @cetus56 @Salvijus @bejapuskas @Serotoninluv @TheAvatarState @Elisabeth @Aaron p @AlwaysBeNice

I'm recruiting you all one more time to ask you one important question :D

I am pretty nervous when giving a talk (pretty sure due to self worth/esteem issues). Tomorrow is the day and I already experience this unsettling feeling. 

Should I just try to be aware of these feelings and be present (awareness alone is curative) or should I try to think positively that I got this, everything will go well etc.?

@LoveandPurpose Sorry to disappoint you, I haven't found a working approach to anxiety yet :) I'm totally sitting on the forum because I'm nervous about an exam.

Feel it and move forward with it, or distract yourself, or focus on positive outcome, or calm youself down (with breathing, a hot bath or whatever), whatever works best for you right now. 

1 minute ago, Elisabeth said:

I'm totally sitting on the forum because I'm nervous about an exam.

:D 

It's relieving to know I'm not alone. I'll see what works best for me. :) Thank you!

@LoveandPurpose  Get on nofap asap, there has been nothing that has helped me so much with anxiety. From the beginning you will feel like a god, then it will kind of slow down, but still it's worth it, there is so much creative energy that you are wasting. Nowadays I feel like this sense of awe in my stomach and it's just amazing, you can channel that energy to do so many things. You are wasting your life if you are still fapping man xD Also, you brain is programmed to do these short term „investments“, that suck in the long run.

I do this and after it I feel more open, compassionate and loving. There is a big freaking difference in my mood when I don't practice this.

Don't expect this to be easy, it takes time to build a good life, but it's worth it. It's like a rowing race, you have to be precise and powerful, but also consistent.

@LoveandPurpose Wether you nail it or fumble, is not the point. Enjoying it, is the point. But...potential for embarrassment, right? So, take a good look at what embarrassment is and let me know if it helped. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE