Alex

How to deal with an shity Job??

12 posts in this topic

Hi, community I am curently stuck in an shift working job where I basically package goods into boxes all day, the money is good and I have to work this job for 6 Months to acumulate capital for my upcomeing degree.

I was wondering if any of you have some advice to better deal with monotonous work or how to make the best out of work time while also doing my Job.

With best regards Alex ;)

It sounds like it could be a great time to do mindfulness practice.

I worked at a fast food chain for 3 months and tried to do things really mindfully.  I found sweeping especially great for mindfulness practice.  I even found I actually loved to sweep the floors :P

Washing dishes was great for mindfulness practice as well. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I do the same. Decent pay packing chocolates into boxes, shipping them and creating invoices all day.

If they allow you to listen to music, then take advantage of that and listen to some podcasts or motivational audios.

Personal favorite for me is listening to Jim Rohn. And I'm currently building a strong foundation for my financial situation so I'm really working on cultivating a strong inner game when it comes to money. So I often listen to Leo's episodes "Money Psychology" and "Psychology of Small Business Success." Those are the two episodes I've played over and over again in order to make sure I completely understand the insights shared in those episodes. Another thing I listen to daily are affirmation audios, they're pretty helpful but its best to listen to them when you have some downtime rather than listening to them while you're focusing on your work.

That's just what helps for me to get through the day, and 8 hours go by pretty quickly surprisingly. Really up to you what to listen to. Listening to upbeat music is good to lift up your mood but I personally think its a good idea to accumulate some knowledge while you're there for several hours a day.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Are you able to be on your headphones while working? If so, you can listen to Leo's mp3's that can be downloaded on here. Or listen to great books on audible. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Im in the same situation. Just view it as a sacrifice youre doing for your future. What helps me is seeing my mental strength and resistance while im doing this hateful job.

@Alexpractice being fully engaged in whatever you are doing as your best version. Give no thought to later while working.

This concept has been helpful for me because even when you are doing work you love, sometimes you might still have to do stuff that isn't your favorite thing to do.

I also enjoy this concept of *work as play*. Someone kinda hinted at it already but it's ingenius.

Edited by Karla

Talking with co-workers and making jokes with them helped me a lot.

On 8.2.2019 at 5:37 AM, 7thLetter said:

Personal favorite for me is listening to Jim Rohn.

Jim Rohn’s books are stellar, and the principles he is teaching are pretty timeless. I listened to his lectures for hours. On the beach, in the car, on the plane… and over time it helped me to build up my own strong principles for life.

You can find a couple of his lectures on YouTube.

Smoke some weed at work. Time goes by fast when you are numb. ?

TThis time is very precious. 

Could you stay in this job and at the same time be happy ? That is a big one for spiritual practice. 

It is not going to be eternal. This can be you best sadhana. 

Are you crawling trough your work or are you dancing ? 

You can push your self above your stronger barrier➡️ Your likes and dislikes. 

It's a precious occasion !! :))