Annoynymous

Teal Swan and Her Teaching?

154 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Richard Alpert  I am a person who can make any teaching valid, if I simply extract some of the information. There is no black and white, no perfect person.

So an alien who is on ayahuascha trip 24/7

and a guy who claims to levitate (but cant do it when asked) and claims the ability to change the weather are worth following?

Good luck.

@Richard Alpert In practice you can still learn stuff from people like that. It just requires care.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Richard Alpert  Just don't get seduced by stupidity and take the good stuff ;) Why not? Leo also isn't infallible, yet people follow him. Do they start doing the same mistakes as him, just because they watch the videos? Maybe, if they are dumb or not experienced enough to see them.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Richard Alpert In practice you can still learn stuff from people like that. It just requires care.

I had friends like that. They're completely nuts, yet teach so much. I don't think I'd be where I am without them. 

On 2/9/2019 at 1:40 AM, Seed said:

@bejapuskas @anonymous @Leo Gura @Joseph Maynor and anyone else who is suspicious based on an article. Just remember the sole purposes of them is created to give off on one particular impression of someone. Which is completely fabricated and taken out of context.

Just like a lawyer does to make his client look innocent or the prosecution guilty. We can ALL dress something up look a certain way - it isnt that hard. I've seen it done countless times on @Leo Gura

I highly suggest you watch this video from start to finish and then make your own mind up. And if you still have suspicions fair enough. But at least you arn't basing them on gossip articles created by trolls and haters. I thought people on this site had far more awareness and wisdom than that

Thanks for this.  I have taken your advice and am now watching her videos so I can make a more informed decision.

That's a long discussion, I'll try to join :) I had quite mixed feelings about Teal and was detecting some strange vibe at the beginning but then I gave her a go and watched quite some videos - ok, some were not really for me/I wouldn't agree with the content but a huge majority really gave me an interesting insight. She helped me to have quite some breakthroughs in the shadow work department and discovering my core beliefs. I can't understand why people here say it's "only" self help - how else do you take your way to spiritual development and potentially enlightenment if not by awareness of self and developing yourselves.

If what she says about her childhood experiences is true I am surprised she made it so far... I cannot verify the more "exotic" stuff she says because I am definitely not that advanced- I keep only an open mind (some time ago if a person had said anything about kundalini or chakras I would have laughed). The only things I bought from here were books and I dare say I benefited from them as well. As long as it keeps happening, I'll continue following her videos.

On 9. 2. 2019 at 2:13 PM, Elisabeth said:

It's also clear a lot of her psychological insights are not hers, but main-stream therapy knowledge. Every teacher always builds on the shoulders of others. However, Teal NEVER cites her sources -- which is imho a real problem.

After all, admitting that some idea is the work of someone else just points people to another good source. And if you're taking a whole paragraph... damn, it's just unfair to the original author not to mention her.

(btw. I posted my comment under that video, I'm curious if they're gonna delete it)

Yup, they deleted the comment.

Teal Swan's mannerisms and speaking style kinda reminds me of Ann Coulter for some reason.  Ann Coulter is way more charismatic though.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor They both have the Saturnine body type infuence, but a different mixture. Teal Swan is Mercury Saturn (thyroid and anterior pituitary dominate) and Coulter is Saturn Mars (anterior pituitary and adrenal .combination)

It may have something to do with what you've observed. Or maybe not.

If both of them ran out of a burning building and they were both on fire. I would assist Teal first and then hurry on to Ann.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

7 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

Yup, they deleted the comment.

@Elisabethwhy do you think her team does this, or actually why do you think she doesn’t site her sources? (Possibly her self image?) 

2 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

@Joseph Maynor They both have the Saturnine body type infuence, but a different mixture. Teal Swan is Mercury Saturn (thyroid and anterior pituitary dominate) and Coulter is Saturn Mars (anterior pituitary and adrenal .combination)

It may have something to do with what you've observed. Or maybe not.

If both of them ran out of a burning building and they were both on fire. I would assist Teal first and then hurry on to Ann.

I think I like Ann a little more.  Thanks.  I guess it's more a question of personal taste.

7 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@Elisabethwhy do you think her team does this, or actually why do you think she doesn’t site her sources? (Possibly her self image?) 

Well... on not citing sources... this is not academia, this is self-help. Everyone takes ideas from each other, old and new. We don't know the majority of Leo's sources either (although he would cite a paragraph, and in the life-purpose course he does a much better job than in his regular video's). But Teal sure is weird on this. 

As for deleting comments, that's just fighting for viewers. You're less likely to watch a video (or a next one) if you read a ton of hateful comments underneath. Unfortunately, cordial criticism seems to get deleted too. Of course, she is (or used to be) a believer in the law of attraction, so she might have a fluffy explanation along the lines of "positive focus"...

12 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

Well... on not citing sources... this is not academia, this is self-help. Everyone takes ideas from each other, old and new. We don't know the majority of Leo's sources either (although he would cite a paragraph, and in the life-purpose course he does a much better job than in his regular video's). But Teal sure is weird on this. 

As for deleting comments, that's just fighting for viewers. You're less likely to watch a video (or a next one) if you read a ton of hateful comments underneath. Unfortunately, cordial criticism seems to get deleted too. Of course, she is (or used to be) a believer in the law of attraction, so she might have a fluffy explanation along the lines of "positive focus"...

Have you watched much of her stuff? Doesn’t really sound like you have but thanks I like those opinions.

I could see sceptics looking for negative comments to swad their reasoning to trust or not but also there’s been that looming conspiracy against her, maybe she wants to take as much control as she possibly can to minimize info leading to that attention 

but anyways I find her content mostly helpful

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is nuts:

That’s strange but interesting. had to look it up 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows She comes off like a highly-intelligent, manipulative, cunning, soulless, ego-maniacal, compulsive liar.  That's the vibe I get.  Sorry if this is offensive to people.  She also laughs at inappropriate times too, which is kinda odd behavior.  She has a flat affect -- like there's no there there.  I feel like she exploits her beauty.  If she wasn't so pretty, she would sound much more like a nutcase.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

She also laughs at inappropriate times too, which is kinda odd behavio

i have done this too, not sure why but may be a subconscious anxiousness :/

@Joseph Maynor I enjoy the value teal has to offer when she resonates and knowing whatever might be imperfect about her could not be any other way, i think she is perfect (however not always in my expectations)  

On 7.2.2019 at 9:38 PM, Annoynymous said:

What do you think of teal and her teaching? Are they worth listening and following? What kind of growth one can expect by following her teachings?

So have you been studying her teachings since you started this thread? If so, what's your experience been like? :)