Annoynymous

Teal Swan and Her Teaching?

154 posts in this topic

We all have places where someone could jab at us if they were so motivated to look hard enough.  Each one of us has a huge Ego.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's not a very acknowledged thing. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Seed  What I'm saying isn't just being skeptical about some article, I like to take the best out of every teacher I listen to. But when someone has thousands of followers and is in power, we need to question them especially carefully. I actually think that some Teal's insights are awesome and certainly valid, JUST AS ANY OTHER TEACHER'S. Every teacher is trying their best, but we cannot just become blind to them like this, just because they had childhood traumas. 

@Annoynymous  You can learn literally from anyone, if you resonate with the things she is saying and they work for you, go for it, sure. But you always need to double-check, even triple-check. Watch yourself acting like what you call devil, you are just running away from problems instead of facing them and questioning your beliefs.

@Leo Gura Obviously, she is questionable. As many people are. But the fact that every single allegation is answered directly by her, in this video. Means that you should at least watch and listen to the person your are gossiping and speculating about. Before offering any leaping judgements.

I don't often comment on here, unless it's something I care or feel strongly about. And this woman is such an authentic person. She lays her cards on the table. All of them. Unlike some spiritual teachers that claim to be some kind of perfect, enlightenment master, who everyone should bow down to. And hide their real self, in fear of damaging their 'rep'

She is also very, very brave and confronts some incredible tricky topics such as suicide, pedophilia and cancer. In a balanced, practical and honest way. Her material is rich with wisdom and multi -  perspectives, which is beyond many people unfortunately. But there we go. 

That is why I suggest finding out for yourself instead of gossiping about an article. 

You are ALL missing a gem of a human being here. Be careful of those blind spots. 

Edited by Seed

@bejapuskas I find your statement way too arrogant and ignorant as i can clearly see you havent read my responds carefully in this thread. It is not about belief and belief can only work when you have enough first hand experience and becoming dogmatic about it, which i dont have with teal's teaching as i mentioned through my response. What i am doing is fact checking about teal, which now i find irrevelant after seeing responses. I feel most people are here only taking sides blindly.

Be careful about your projections and prejudices without knowing things.

Edited by Annoynymous

@Seed no one is missing out on her! if you would read the posts without being so defensive you could see that. but is a person beyond questioning because the person is a gem? are you not a gem yourself? is not everyone here a gem, some more polished than others? you know in the end maybe the unpolished monkey is the better human - or the polished human is the worse monkey. no one is completely free of getting corrupted. if anybody thinks there are humans who don’t, didn’t realize how monkey that is.

@now is forever now you’re playing word games.

Words are never actual. They are just indicators and symbols towards a deeper meaning. 

@Seed yes, i‘m playing word games in the same way you or anybody else plays, i‘m just so free to free myself to do so.

4 hours ago, Seed said:

@bejapuskas @anonymous @Leo Gura @Joseph Maynor and anyone else who is suspicious based on an article. Just remember the sole purposes of them is created to give off on one particular impression of someone. Which is completely fabricated and taken out of context.

Just like a lawyer does to make his client look innocent or the prosecution guilty. We can ALL dress something up look a certain way - it isnt that hard. I've seen it done countless times on @Leo Gura

I highly suggest you watch this video from start to finish and then make your own mind up. And if you still have suspicions fair enough. But at least you arn't basing them on gossip articles created by trolls and haters. I thought people on this site had far more awareness and wisdom than that.

This is a very comprehensive video (I've seen it before), convincing in a lot of matters, and making Teal's motivations quite understandable. However, I don't feel she does justice to the plagiarism issue. (1:12:09)

Here's someone who did some research on the similarities with Michael Brown https://amoraobscura.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/tealandthepresenceprocess/ ... it could still be mostly fashion/coincidence (after all, the completion process isn't really special in the aspect of being present), but it does seem massively inspired.

Here are entire paragraphs from other webpages and people's blogs https://tealswanblog.wordpress.com/plagiarism/  (I haven't verified.)It's quite understandable that Teal would take information about Kambo or endometriosis from websites on Kambo and endometriosis. (The Steve Pavlina paragraph is quite worrisome though.)

It's also clear a lot of her psychological insights are not hers, but main-stream therapy knowledge. Every teacher always builds on the shoulders of others. However, Teal NEVER cites her sources -- which is imho a real problem.

After all, admitting that some idea is the work of someone else just points people to another good source. And if you're taking a whole paragraph... damn, it's just unfair to the original author not to mention her.

(btw. I posted my comment under that video, I'm curious if they're gonna delete it)

Edited by Elisabeth

@Annoynymous  Sorry, I was too cold, I admit. However, you are also making projections about me. I actually watch Teal's content, it's just that I think that we shouldn't stop questioning. I'm not here to feel good about myself, but I also don't want to be defensive. I think Seed has showed us the good side of her, but still we need to be able to see the flaws of her teachings. My view is, that she uses the information she has about anxious and suicidal people to treat emotionally healthy people and this creates problems. I would act differently if this wasn't a self-help forum and we weren't serious about growth and objectivity. By the way, I feel like we should create threads where we investigate all the different teachers, as many newbies idealize Leo, Osho, Sadhguru... they are incredible, but still we cannot just bow to them.

54 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

My view is, that she uses the information she has about anxious and suicidal people to treat emotionally healthy people and this creates problems. 

Can you elaborate? 

8 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Emerald

It feels like you are idealizing her teachings, it's quite obvious about you. Why do you always say, that she is direct about her egocentric motivations, does that justify her? As Leo says, it will do more harm than good in the end, to her and us. I mean, just not trying to question these motivations, letting them flow through you, OF COURSE it feels good and relieving, but it cannot go that far. Doing whatever you like isn't the highest freedom.

No. I said that she is direct about them because @Elisabeth asked me if my perception and assertion of her being self-important and that she seeks for admiration, acceptance, and money is something that she's been open about. So, I was answering, by saying that she actually is somewhat open about it because her whole thing is to be authentic and go against the grain. But that it's also pretty obvious even if she weren't open about it. 

But you're filling in a lot of assumptions about me here. There's nothing that I said that would actually indicate this, as I'm very mixed in my feelings about Teal Swan. On one hand, her work has helped me a lot and I'm glad that she exists a resource for people. But on the other hand, I've always had an aversion to her and it's quite clear that she has a huge problem with self-aggrandizing. 

So, it seems like you misunderstood what I was saying and filled in a bunch of blanks.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

14 minutes ago, Emerald said:

No. I said that she is direct about them because @Elisabeth asked me if my perception and assertion of her being self-important and that she seeks for admiration, acceptance, and money is something that she's been open about. So, I was answering, by saying that she actually is somewhat open about it because her whole thing is to be authentic and go against the grain. But that it's also pretty obvious even if she weren't open about it. 

I just said she's open about these motivations (to paint a fuller picture). I saw her directly commenting on her need for admiration in one of her recent videos. Now I can't find it though. 

In my eyes it helps that she can comment on her more shallow motivations. She's decided to act them out, but as long as she's aware, she keeps some distance. 

Edited by Elisabeth

43 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

I just said she's open about these motivations (to paint a fuller picture). I saw her directly commenting on her need for admiration in one of her recent videos. Now I can't find it though. 

In my eyes it helps that she can comment on her more shallow motivations. She's decided to act them out, but as long as she's aware, she keeps some distance. 

I see. My impression was that you were asking me if she was open about these things, instead of making a statement about her being open about these things. 

So, I do agree that it's better that she's forthcoming about her weaknesses. That said, I do still have some aversion to her, even though she has helped me quite a lot. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

5BBAC843-253E-45AB-9CC7-892AC1547CDC.png

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If even half the stuff in that article is true, it's a serious problem.

Of course I have no idea if that article is true. You'd have to research further.

As soon as I hear that someone is starting an unstoppable organization to awaken the world: that screams cult to me. That thing is gonna fly off the rails and cause more harm than good.

Like I said, I see big red flags here. Her videos can of course still be helpful. Cults are often founded on helpful teachings.

Can anyone actually verify if some of the stuff in the article is accurate?

A properly woke person should not be engaging in such nonsense.

Are you serious Leo? Like wtf?

How off can your radar be? Even though half off the stuff you say is bamboozle, Teal and Bentinho are full blown bamboozle. Has been as long as they have been in the scene. 

I could put all the crazy lines they have said here, but you can do the research yourself.

Teal is an alien and has said that her life is like 24/7 ayahuasca trip. I didn´t make that up

Edited by Richard Alpert

19 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Richard Alpert  Are you waiting for another person to question things for you? :) 

Can you elaborate, i did not quite get it. I think you have no idea what you talk about.

If you think bentinho or teal is legit you are a moron. 

And i consider Leo as an unauthentic teacher as well so maybe i dont need his validation.

Edited by Richard Alpert

I think she maybe the most advanced new age personality there is. But as an anti-logos troll, not sure where that leads... The smartest man in american supposedly thinks it leads to a permanent non-existence. (read so in a recent facebook post on his ctmu, yeah!). Although as a Trump supporter, everyone here is so much more elevated in consciousness level right..... Ah well, all's well that ends well.

@Richard Alpert  I am a person who can make any teaching valid, if I simply extract some of the information. There is no black and white, no perfect person.