Annoynymous

Teal Swan and Her Teaching?

154 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

What do you think of teal and her teaching? Are they worth listening and following? What kind of growth one can expect by following her teachings?

Teal Swan's teachings are very helpful. I know that she's been crucial to my personal development, as she has definitely been one of my 'big influence' teachers.

When I found her work, I was always slamming against many walls in my own mind. But after watching the majority of her content (about 4 years ago), I really felt like a huge weight had come off of me. And I know that I wouldn't be where I am now without her.

So, don't knock Teal Swan's work without trying it, as I had a lot of resistance to her too. But her teachings themselves are very powerful for those that need them.

That said, she does have a lot of qualities that are off-putting. And she may indeed be a narcissist and a cult-leader. She definitely has a lot of ideas of self-importance and talks about fame too much.

But you don't really have to worry about this, unless you are the idolizing and cult-joining type. So, unless you think you'll get lost in her teachings, I highly recommend checking them out to see if they resonate, as she teaches some very powerful things.

So, with any teacher, you should base your desire to watch their content in how much you resonate with it and how much it gives you a personal sense of expansion. And then, once they don't resonate anymore, you can find another teacher that does resonate.

It may be true that she has a lot of flaws. But you should adopt the mindset that "While no one has the full truth, I can learn from anyone."

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Leo Gura  Maybe be more careful about throwing all the shit onto others, I mean, many people are idealizing you here and it's not beneficial for them. 

the problem of selling copied art is the problem of mindlessly grabbing into the spiritual fruit bowl and making a joke of spirituality. we can‘t own all fruits and selling those fruits we just plugged from another tree without consent is bad karma. and karma sticks.

@thesmileyone I am not here to argue with you. 

Believe what you wish.

I would just advice you not to believe blindly. And not to believe gossip. 

Maybe she just doesn't click with you - that is fine. We're all different. 

But people that teach their followers to listen to their guidance systems and  do what they want to do. What is right for them. Are not cult leaders. It is just a fact. 

Edited by Seed

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hmmmm.... lots of red flags here. I thought she might be better than that.

Glad I released that Cult Psychology series. Lots of cultists wannabees around lately.

BTW, can I interest you guys in my new line of enlightened hot-shorts? Guaranteed to activate all your chakras.

That's not so bad you also use low consciousness marketing tricks when you make an entire episode on kriya yoga only to tell that for people to practice they need to check the book on your booklist. You guys want to boost your income that's understandable.

@Tetcher @Leo Gura  They are being spiritual snobs. It's her marketing team that do that. With no advert of 'guaranteed to open chakras' 

At least she goes and works face to face with people. As I said, she works incredibly hard. She's offered more free content that any other teacher and was one of the first to start doing so.

Cut her some slack.

10 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

That's not so bad you also use low consciousness marketing tricks when you make an entire episode on kriya yoga only to tell that for people to practice they need to check the book on your booklist. You guys want to boost your income that's understandable.

at least he doesn’t sell the book and the author earns the money. reading all these books and deciding wether they are usable or not is his work, so why not?

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever why does it matter?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You are judging a person who gives out thousands of hours of free content to people, to help them overcome serious difficulties in this life. And has transformed peoples lives and relationships from doing so.  And all because her marketing team sell her art on mugs and tshirts. Whatever. It is a non issues. 

WTF?

She is an artist, who sells her art.

OMG! How dare she!?!? Deffo a cult leader. Sling her up! 

.............you guys crack me up. 

Forget that fact that she's helping people recover from serious abuse and trauma. And find contentment and purpose and fulfillment in a way which works for them! All for free.

She had the audacity to paint some patterns and sell them. 

You guys worry me sometimes. 

Edited by Seed

@Seed because i‘m giving thousands of posts of free content to people and my spirituality is creating products with value.

because i know the difference because i know how. but i don’t try to sell myself as a spiritual teacher because i‘m not that.

and i did not judge her spiritual teaching, what is her core value. if she want‘s to sell blunder i would recommend her to sell valuable blunder or none.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever Good for you, I am really pleased to hear that. Try not to focus on other people and what they 'should' or 'should not' do. Just work on  yourself. Make changes within yourself. That always has the biggest impact rather than judging and projecting on to others. :-) 

@Annoynymous

She seems to come from a place of extreme hurt and anger. Not judging her for this, but she could work a bit more on herself before helping others if she wanted to. This too of course, is just a personal opinion from what I saw thus far.

I don't think you have anything to lose, just take her words with a grain of salt. That is, don't follow her every word blindly but question everything she says. Take what resonates with you, leave the rest.

Have a laugh. :)

What you can gain from Teal Swan:

- a new perspective on some issues

- awareness of certain things you did not consider before

If you're worried about losing time, then decide what direction are you wanting to move to and take the needed steps.

Of course no human is perfectly informed about everything. And that's perfectly fine. But I'd say a key element on trusting someone, anyone, is about how genuine they are about themselves and how much responsibility are they taking for their lives. 

And don't just watch her, but watch/read other 300 teachers/teachings as well. ;) Sound fair? 

Edited by Aquarius

36 minutes ago, Seed said:

@thesmileyone I am not here to argue with you. 

Believe what you wish.

I would just advice you not to believe blindly. And not to believe gossip. 

Maybe she just doesn't click with you - that is fine. We're all different. 

But people that teach their followers to listen to their guidance systems and  do what they want to do. What is right for them. Are not cult leaders. It is just a fact. 

I would just advice you not to believe blindly

But that's exactly what you are doing. Not only that you are rigorously defending all critical thinking about her, as if she is some demigod with zero faults. You sound brainwashed so I suggest you take a step back and look again.

And bringing awareness to your blind spots.

intepret it however you like...

But I am just ensuring that the classic ‘‘throwing the baby out with bathwater’ doesn’t happen.

as well as encouraging people to do their own research on a person !!!! Instead of blind believing of gossip and projection. It’s quite simple really. 

And finally. Let's just remember, this isnt about me or you. This is about providing balanced fair, and valid information about Teal Swan, so that the @Annoynymous can be supported in making his own, personal choice. And develop the ability to trust in what he is drawn to. Which, I hope in time, he can do.

As, only he knows himself and what is right for him. We can only provide info and personal experience. Please avoid gossip and speculation though. As that won't do him any favours and is not the point of the post. 

Edited by Seed

36 minutes ago, Seed said:

Forget that fact that she's helping people recover from serious abuse and trauma. And find contentment and purpose and fulfillment in a way which works for them! All for free.

It's true she dares to address the most difficult topics. 

I BET THIS VIDEO HAS SAVED LIVES. You won't find much brave work like that. 

Frankly, in that light? If she's fabricated 3/4 of her abuse story? I don't care too much. 

I think she's like Osho - controversial on purpose. 

44 minutes ago, Seed said:

And not to believe gossip.

@Seed Yes, gossip is such a tricky thing. Some people make up fake stories about people in vulnerable positions, for personal gain or with ill intent.

But sometimes it's a misunderstanding, or even a delusion. You pointed this out very well. :) 

17 minutes ago, Seed said:

Make changes within yourself.

@Seed Change will happen when needed. She is perfect the way she is, exactly like everyone else. Change is inevitable anyway. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins