Annoynymous

Teal Swan and Her Teaching?

154 posts in this topic

Additionally, even though I do not have the slightest intention to rail against her, what I've also noticed is that in her videos she always talks and presents herself and the topic and content in a very particular way. I always get the feeling while listening to her that she's trying. Trying to convince the listener of something - and doing so always a little too hard. She's also always rather tense, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting from her. As if she's trying to convey to the viewer something along the lines like "Yeah, you really ought to know that I, Teal Swan, know you better than you know yourself and I'm gonna let you feel it so that you'll take this sufficiently serious and gonna go with what I say". 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday I think that would be a subtle manipulation from her part. 

Yet reality is tricky, as you mentioned in ur previous post that if it is not in my first hand experience,  it is not true for me. I am not so familiar with Teal's work yet, i guess i need to go through that process at first.

What resist me is that my fear of falling into a trap and accidentally hurt myself. 

Hmmmm.... lots of red flags here. I thought she might be better than that.

Glad I released that Cult Psychology series. Lots of cultists wannabees around lately.

BTW, can I interest you guys in my new line of enlightened hot-shorts? Guaranteed to activate all your chakras.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can I get one in pink? That'd be rad! Puts me more in touch with my feminine side for sure.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Leo Gura What will you advice me then? I am just getting familiar with teal's work and now hearing lots of negative things about her. Should i continue to see her contents or just be done with it? 

@Annoynymous What do you say? Leo's oppinion doesn't mean shit. Just as anyone else's. What do you feel while watching her content? Let your intuition guide you. 

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for edit: typos and stuff

@DocHoliday To be honest, i found her contents interesting and i do wanna watch those in future. But now i am getting confused after reading all these allegations against her. 

Don't like her. Never have. She got a wierd AF vibe for me so I just avoid her.

She also has a "tribe" which is a dangerous thing.

@Annoynymous Alright then, that's great. When I discovered her I also found her to be quite interesting at first and I watched some of her videos, but as time went on I found her to be "too far out there", or too unrelateable. At first, I thought she really might have something I might be missing, but as it turned out that obviously wasn't the case at all. 

That kinda comes back to the point on relying too much, or even at all, on outside authority. Of course, always be open to what others have to say, but don't delude yourself into thinking that you have to succumb to their prespective, teachings or tenets, since you seem to be somehow inferior to them, which is absolutely not the case.

1 hour ago, DocHoliday said:

@Leo Gura Can I get one in pink? That'd be rad! Puts me more in touch with my feminine side for sure.

i‘ve waited for that!

warning it’s not a business idea!!!

Edited by now is forever

@Salvijus  I really liked your reply, I feel the same way, there is something about the truth that can almost be smelled, you can tell when something is a bit off.

1 hour ago, Nexeternity said:

@Salvijus  I really liked your reply, I feel the same way, there is something about the truth that can almost be smelled, you can tell when something is a bit off.

i‘d bet that :ph34r:

sometimes it‘s better to focus on the core values.(actually mtv is a very good example itself of rising and falling, the idea of a good music and youth culture channel is still out there though)

Edited by now is forever

@Leo Gura@Annoynymous

Teal Swan is not a cult leader. People take what she says out of context and make it sound like whatever they want. Exactly the  the same as they do to you. Don't trust other's dribs and drabs... do your own research on person. Make your own mind up. 

She constantly says throughout her videos to not believe anything she says. To trust yourself more than anything. She is bringing awareness and informing us because she is a highly conscious, intuitive and skilled spiritual teacher.

She is incredible. 

And I am hot on these sorts of trappings.

Whatever you see in her is a mirror of what is in yourself. So work on those areas you are criticising  her for having. . We all have a dark side. So she will highlight that in you.

No one needs to follow / listen to her if they don't want to. 

But as far as I am concerned, and I am very thorough. She is an absolute gem of a human being. And if everybody listened to her with an open mind. Great things  could happen on our planet. For me - she is a cut above the rest. Not that everything she says is universal truth. Of course not. But there is just something incredibly unique and advanced about her.

Edited by Seed

@Seed  i guess it was about selling plunder and profiting of a status like that. i mean it’s possible to sell medication in your name but then please be true to what it’s made of. of course is  cult a selling proposition but what is the content of the sold? and if i sell spirituality, what is my own spirituality if i sell plunder?

aside from that she is very good in what she’s doing, no doubt she is very spiritual! question is if the ego can handle fame in a spiritual way in not overestimating the limits of selling spirituality in every medium that is available to sell.

@Seed  I agree. I just saw her last video and she is super authentic and cute in her communication with her student.

I bought a few of her books and they were really cool.  I say let her make products and sell stuff in peace heh.

She is pretty funny sometimes too... yea good vibes overall.   More cool perspectives to take in and learn from.

I'm also really conflicted now. 

I must admit that, I liked her A LOT in the past year or two years. She has really changed my view about a lot of stuff, I think her material has widened my ability at empathising, self-compassion and shadow work significantly. She's helped me understand several emotions also has some good insight into relationship dynamics. 

I think this material of her's is a compilation of traditional psychotherapeutic approaches + some of her own twist added, and it's really great. I'm trying to be careful about "limits of applicability", which are never stated - but this is the case with almost every spiritual teaching 

I never bought into the Law of attraction talk, am super careful about her "alternative healing" methods etc. I think she might be either self-deluded or saying what her audience wants to hear there.

So mostly I managed to get value and discard the rest, I think.

However, I bought her books, and there is a lot of content which is word for word in her video's too. So a little disappointed there :)

And, I did believe her abuse story. The website(s) accusing her of lying and being fake generally seem to pull stuff out of context a lot. However, the video (from  https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/31380-teal-swan-and-her-teaching/?do=findComment&comment=366786 ) did highlight some interesting discrepancies. So now, I wonder if I should. 

She may well be a scam in a lot of what she's saying. At the same time she's surely someone with a firm grasp on psychology. The way she works with people one on one is just totally adorable. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Glad I released that Cult Psychology series. Lots of cultists wannabees around lately.

I don't think her tribe would meet your technical definition of a cult. 

3 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

I always get the feeling while listening to her that she's trying. 

This could mean nothing more than that she's somewhat anxious. Huh, I can relate to that. 

Edited by Elisabeth

@now is forever why is she not allowed to make money on what she is skilled at? she offers thousands of free weekly content and has done for almost 8 years. Yes, people get angry that she wants to make a career out of it. People like that are spiritual snobs I am afraid. They are hooked on what a spiritual teacher must look / sound / do / be like. And not on the value of they are offering. This woman works incredibly hard. 

She needs to sell and offer higher end stuff so she can keep providing the free stuff.

She also needs it promote her content to make it accessible to the mainstream and not just a specific collection of people who shame the same interests and development states. 

Her stuff, if applied, is life changing and practical and relative to everyone. So ought be seen by everyone.

And you can only do that by promoting / marketing and branding. Which costs money. 

She has a whole marketing team that prices everything she doesnt even get a choice of what goes out really. This is so she can focus on her material and her workshops and her books. The stuff she is really good at. The stuff that will change the world.

3 minutes ago, Seed said:

@now is forever why is she not allowed to make money on what she is skilled at? she offers thousands of free weekly content and has done for almost 8 years. Yes, people get angry that she wants to make a career out of it. People like that are spiritual snobs I am afraid. They are hooked on what a spiritual teacher must look / sound / do / be like. And not on the value of they are offering. This woman works incredibly hard. 

She needs to sell and offer higher end stuff so she can keep providing the free stuff.

She also needs it promote her content to make it accessible to the mainstream and not just a specific collection of people who shame the same interests and development states. 

Her stuff, if applied, is life changing and practical and relative to everyone. So ought be seen by everyone.

And you can only do that by promoting / marketing and branding. Which costs money. 

She has a whole marketing team that prices everything she doesnt even get a choice of what goes out really. This is so she can focus on her material and her workshops and her books. The stuff she is really good at. The stuff that will change the world.

Your repeated testimonials for her are exactly what makes me think CULT.
You sound like a sworn in member.

Open your eyes!