Daniell

How to explain death to a 6 years old child?

17 posts in this topic

My son has asked me the question. The only explanation I had is to point to a star and tell him that we’re all going all to end up there...

Edited by Daniell
grammar

Squash a bug in front of him and say "This is you. Ten years from now" Or pay Leo to explain it to him.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

38 minutes ago, Daniell said:

My son has asked me the question. The only explanation I had is to point to a star and tell him that we’re all going all to end up there...

thich nhat hanh explains it to children

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

5 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Squash a bug in front of him and say "This is you. Ten years from now" Or pay Leo to explain it to him.

Do you want to traumatize him? :D 

34 minutes ago, Daniell said:

Just ask him; Do you remember before you were born? He will say no

Well after life you will be not born again:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I tell my children the truth of what I believe, which is that we don't really know what happens when you die, but we might find out once we do. I explain that it's possible that we just stop being, or that there might be something else after death, or something else entirely. But regardless, at some point everyone will die, so it's important to live your life. And once someone dies, their life was still real.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Daniell Why don't you ask him to remember how it was back then, before he was born?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Just say I don't know instead of giving him your stupid interstellar answers :D

It's important not to put stupid things in your child's head. If he has questions like that great. Let him think for himself. Let him grow his intelligence. Let him be constantly full of questions and questions and questions. Let him wonder about mysterious universe and nurture his attention and curiosity. Your sun will grow into a saint :)

I don't know is much better state to be then having stupid conclusions about everything that are not even true. 

Edited by Salvijus

You are the entire Universe and the Universe cannot die, it has existed forever. You will just change forms. When you are older you can become directly conscious of this truth. For now, ponder the possibility that you are not just a human body.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura beautifully said 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are the entire Universe and the Universe cannot die, it has existed forever. You will just change forms. When you are older you can become directly conscious of this truth. For now, ponder the possibility that you are not just a human body.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@Daniell you could also ask him what he thinks death is and then ask further questions and then give the answer about the universe a little later or when he is older. depending on how much you want to interfere with the universe...

it‘s maybe really interesting what he already has to say about it.

Edited by now is forever

i'm with leo on this one, my greatest help from realising on this whole journey was the fact that i never believed i was the human body, i believed in a soul of some sort, or an energetic feild , or i even believed that god was in me from the age of 14 onwards. if i had believed i was the human body and nothing more besides neurones and stone cold believed it, i would have been completely locked in a materialistic paradigm mindset, but my mind is naturally tailored towards metaphysical/spiritual/paranormal phenomena and although it can be dangerous and difficult to maintain a normal mindset when reaching adulthood. it has made all the difference in my quest for what is truth and what is real. 

not sure i would say that your the entire universe because that may be difficult to understand, but just explain it in the sense that you become the food you eat, the air you breath in is used by you, that your body breaks down into soil and its a natural process. 

i guess i'm explaining it from a material paradigm as opposed to a metaphysical one. 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:44 AM, Leo Gura said:

Are you saying that if I shoot myself in the head, I will just wake up in another body with all my memories wiped out?