GafaRassaDaba

Meditation Sucks

35 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

A total shift in paradigm would stop those shitstorms in their tracks. Something really radically different. A complete departure from the defined self would be needed though. That would require quite a surrendering. Practice this every time you notice the ego acting up. Or anytime. Do it now. Realize it's all a thought story. It's always been a thought story. All you know is thought stories. The shitstorms and everything in between are just mental apparitions. Every thought you ever had was an illusion projected by the ego/mind. Surrender and step past the mind. Trancend it and find what you have always been beyond mind. That of you which does not change and does not come or go. You exist on a level beyond the mind. Go there. Get re-aqauinted with that part of you that you've never forgotten. You may experience a feeling of emptiness. That's a good thing.  And when the mind works it's way back in again, which it will certainly do, just laugh at the illusion of it.

Amazing.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

There are endless forms of meditation. Find the one that works for you. Some people sit, others dance.

B R E A T H E

The reason why Meditation appears to suck is because the Ego-Mind is not satisfied with being when it sees it — it’s like underwhelming to the Ego-Mind, so it’s overlooked.  Being is a funny thing in that way.  That’s what makes the Path so confusing to people who are still very much operating from Ego — which is basically everybody on the first part of the Path.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I read all your post. If that what you have been explainings were never happening, what would you expect at best from your meditation?
Another way to ask is: What will be there for you if these all are non happening for you? How will you be without all these?

@non_nothing

I expected to find some peace and to still my mind I guess. I suppose I wouldnt be so freaked out if none of it was happening lol. I dont really honestly want all this phenomena, I just want to still my mind.

@GafaRassaDaba For me, it's key to relax the mind while maintaining awareness. One can relax the mind by escaping through drinking alcohol, sex, video games, movies, napping etc. Nothing wrong with that, yet they are just temporary relief. I've found things like walking in nature, running and yoga better at relaxing my mind.

Meditation can suck depending on how many issues are coming up. If it gets too chaotic and you get overwhelmed it can suck. Meditation is basically slowing down and processing your fears at its best. Self reflection can be good as well (by that I mean taking the time to be more honest with yourself about yourself and your fears and issues). If there are too many things, it can get overwhelming and suck, but it doesn't inherently suck, it just sucks for you at that moments because its too overwhelming. Don't force yourself to meditate. Just follow the eightfold path minus the meditation aspects and focus on becoming a better and kinder person for now. 

I'm sorry that you have such terrible experiences though, that must really suck. Focus on the eightfold path and I promise you, you will find the peace you seek. Please actively push yourself to do the first six aspects of the path though in order to truly get better. Look at some of the other stuff I've posted too maybe and feel free to ask any question, hopefully I can be of assistance. I'll try for sure, might not be able to answer in a way that will help you because I don't understand your experience fully and I still live in delusion myself. But maybe could be helpful :) @GafaRassaDaba

Edited by sleepyj

@GafaRassaDaba Try Kriya yoga instead. It's much better for calming the monkey mind.

Yes, meditation can and (really) should be enjoyable, in the beginning it rarely is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@GafaRassaDaba For me the calm came in the first week, then madness, then calm and so far... When I meditate I try to block my thoughts, try to not think at all.. I don't know what it is call but works for me... 

I ve also work to get pass my mental issues cause ive  had some trauma in my childhood; I use shamanic breathing 30m every week. But if you wanna give it a try be careful cause is a really powerful technique. Once I used it too much that kept me 3mounth in a deep depression.

However Leo said in on video that the calm comes after years of meditation... 

And ofc everything works different for everybody, but in the end all we have to do is long hard work.

Thank you. Now when you say "be careful because it is really powerful" what do you mean? It caused the depression?

@Serotoninluv Thanks. Yes unfortunately I use all of those other escapes at times as well, and yes, the relief works, but is only temporary.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, GafaRassaDaba said:

Thank you. Now when you say "be careful because it is really powerful" what do you mean? It caused the depression?

Well think about what are you actually doing be using this technique. It is like you use a plunger for toilets ( I can t find a better example sorry:))); by breathing you bring to surface old memories and traumatic events. When that happens you must relive those events and handle it.. usually it happen naturally and in a few days it will pass, leaving you better than before. Next week you try again until the problem is solved from the root. When that happens you ll say to yourself " I can t believe that this was a problem for me.. it is so silly now" . and it feels like have never been a problem..

Now think about what happens when you bring to surface to much darkness.. When the "handle it" moment happens (sometimes after technique sometimes the next day) you have to feel those memories and to relive again. Now if you bring in the present moment a lot of agony, pain, terror, fear and all of that at a very high intensity level how would you feel?

Now for every person is different you know that.. try it once or 2 for 20-30m and see how will be. I really recommend it cause in my case this technique saved my life.. I had such a bad event when I was child you know..

I m not fluent in English so I tried to explain how better I could..