okulele

[book] Letting Go by David R. Hawkins 10/10

14 posts in this topic

There are books that are just bad, there are books that are fine, there are books that are a brilliant read and then there are books that change everything. This was one of them for me.

It came into my life at just the right time. I started listening to the audio while communing to work every day. Very quickly one fact that the author was stressing hit home. Negative emotions are not a problem, but an opportunity. I heard this before, but never has it sunk so deeply and never has it been acknowledged so clearly in my experience. 

As the book continued, and the author was giving more and more examples of the letting go process, this very mechanics was spontaneously manifesting in my life.

Reflecting on it now, I see that the critical point was, when I let go of the resistance to letting go. Surrender took a life of its own and nothing is too holy for it to work on.

Relationships, LP issues, health, spiritual life. All was touched and I can very easily forsee that it is only a matter of time before huge amounts of negativity and resistance in all these areas, and other ones, are released. Every day I discover new facets of life that get purified with the power of surrender.

As you see, this book had a very special effect on me. Read it, maybe it will benefit you?

===================================================================

Title: Letting Go: The Pathway To Surrender

Author: David R. Hawkins

Number of pages: 368

Dr.-David-R.-Hawkins-n.jpg

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Finished reading the book today. I could see immediate results after doing more appreciation of the people around me. Some time ago I started to read a book about the Sedona method, read 1/3 of the book and switched to this book. I feel it was useful to know the Sedona method before reading the book. I could immediately apply the method in places where David R. suggested to let something go. I liked the book. ^_^

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Reading this now. Great Book, Only came in contact with David R Hawkins recently through youtube. and it was just the right time.

Through my whole spiritual journey for the past 5 years,  books and content always come into my life just at the right time. 

Does this happen to Ye?

I will have questions about things or I will be confused about something and every time some teacher or lesson just pops out of nowhere and my questions are answered.  Of all the spiritual teachers out there I have never even heard of his name or seen a video or anything about him. he is not even on Leo`s book list and then one day he appears into my life and his teaching is in perfect alignment with what I need. It's really magical.

Also what happens a lot is I will be following a spiritual teacher and I will get confused with what they are saying and every week when I watch Leo video that topic or confusion will come up and Leo will explain it and I will get insight and have lots of ah-ha moments.

Anyways sorry for rant :D Great book 

4 hours ago, Pullmyfinger said:

Does this happen to Ye?

Yeah, totally. I read 'meh' books too, but when the right book comes, it feels really different and I am really into it. Just read Adyashanti's "End of Your World", which was like that.

4 hours ago, Pullmyfinger said:

he is not even on Leo`s book list

another book by Hawkins' is there

I love this book. I don't agree (or find useful) some of his theory and I've struggled with all his other books but the bits I do like in Letting Go I really love!

I've seen a few reviews and comments of this book on here. One factor I have not seen referred to much is that he explains that part of letting go of a negative mindset or feeling is to (1) identify the pay off's from that mindset or feeling and (2) focus on surrendering these pay off's. 

That's my take on the whole thing in a nutshell. Well that's what I choose to focus on. If I don't correctly identify the pay off's, any surrender or letting go is hampered.

7 hours ago, Bill W said:

(1) identify the pay off's from that mindset or feeling and (2) focus on surrendering these pay off's. 

That's a great help in letting go. Thanks for the reminder ;)

2 hours ago, okulele said:

That's a great help in letting go. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Your welcome. It's such an awesome book. I can't get my head around the whole pushing down on the arm to measure your energy though, but what I've learned about my spiritual development is that even if some teachers say things I find completely unbelievable, they also say many things I can really relate to, often within the same book or video segment. Perhaps what they say that I can't relate to, just means I am not ready for that yet. 

This was the second book I read that fueled me up for the start of my spiritual journey, I found it in a library well I was looking for philosophy books, I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Love this book so much, reading it for the 3rd time

Don't really like David Hawkin's book Letting Go.

He is too judgemental.

Energy levels cannot be judged. One can easily argued that Courage can be more powerful than neutrality (No opinion). Or Acceptance is after Reasoning.

20: Shame

30: Guilt

50: Apathy

75: Grief

100: Fear

125: Desire

150: Anger

175: Pride

200: Courage

250: Neutrality

310: Willingness

350: Acceptance

400: Reason

500: Love

540: Joy

600: Peace

700-1000: Enlightenment

I read this book a couple of years ago and in my case it had a damaging effect. It fueled the illusion that some experiences were worse than others and should be avoided, leading to a lot of inner tension in me. Might not be the case for you, but I don't want anyone to fall into the same trap.

A comment I wrote back in March that elaborates further:

I am myself, heaven and hell.