Sashaj

The Dark Night Club

63 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

It's all fine and dandy,

Until someone lose an I ???

That's something I think I've calmly understood all the way. 

Often we hear in the non-dual scene the parroting of ''there is no I, there is no I''. But it's actually a misconception.

It's impossible to lose the I. Only the nature and understanding of the 'I' get unraveled and progressively revealed.

The challenge isn't losing an I. The challenge is keeping cool and correct understanding in midst of every uncomfortable and convincing feelings that arise to delude one back to the ego identified state at every small spiritual 'victory' you make.

That being said, we never know what may come so I better not get too cocky 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, luckieluuke said:

@Preetom NP. Your situation does sound more... intense? Hope you find a way to cope or even better resolve it :x

I wouldn't say intense as in dropping on my knees, though it feels like that from time to time. It's more like a sustained heavy feeling fluctuating from vague to flat out uncomfortable levels almost every waking hour.

The strategy I follow is to leave the sensation as it is while I focus on the experience of being aware, the one who knows this sensation

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

19 minutes ago, Preetom said:

That's something I think I've calmly understood all the way. 

Often we hear in the non-dual scene the parroting of ''there is no I, there is no I''. But it's actually a misconception.

It's impossible to lose the I. Only the nature and understanding of the 'I' get unraveled and progressively revealed.

The challenge isn't losing an I. The challenge is keeping cool and correct understanding in midst of every uncomfortable and convincing feelings that arise to delude one back to the ego identified state at every small spiritual 'victory' you make.

That being said, we never know what may come so I better not get too cocky 9_9

Yeah you probably shouldn't,

Because that looks like a lot like spiritual bypassing xD 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

23 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yeah you probably shouldn't,

Because that looks like a lot like spiritual bypassing xD 

Makes me wonder whether God is the ultimate masochist lol. There is pain no matter which direction you take.

If you take the easy route, life becomes hell down the line. 

If you take the hard route, multiple pain barriers are to be conquered.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Seems like veryone in this thread is dying. Congrats on your enlightenment guys ?

9 minutes ago, Good-boy said:

Seems like veryone in this thread is dying. Congrats on your enlightenment guys ?

Yeah.

Talking about doing the counter intuitive thing.

Dying before you die.

Sounds smart af

DUUUUUUUH

???

God is love

And God in them

IMG_0306.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

does the dark night have only to do with difficult emotions or difficulty staying on the path?

or also with things going horribly wrong in life? like troublesome people from the past showing up, circumstances where you suddenly can't pay rent, weird symptoms where doctors think you have a brain tumor...etc 

7 hours ago, Preetom said:

For the last few months, I'm feeling a heavy sensation(anxiety symptom) in my chest for over 10 hours a day. It's really an uncomfortable feeling and it does feels like this sensation is somehow killing me bit by bit, or maybe even get a heart attack for christ's sake,

But kinda got used to it now. Plus there is nowhere else to go. The daily distracting mechanisms don't really work more than few minutes as well so..

I have no idea if it's some phase where emotional purging is happening or whether this sensation has nested inside my chest forever 9_9

Nah. It will pass.   Sounds like your going through some spiritual thingyness, and you have a healthy perspective on it

Edited by Mu_

My recall of the Dark night

Ordinary Meaninglessness and existential angst multiplied by 100

hurt hurt hurt hurt hurt hurt ? ??????????????☠️??☠️??????????

waves of intensity

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Free online book -- Biology of Kundalini 

More practical and helpful than reading St. John of the Cross is modern Sage Jana Dixon and her Biology of Kundalini.

There are many different chapters (listed on the left) dealing with elements of emotional upheaval.

Excerpt below from Her Chapter - Phases of Kundalini 

Just like everything else in life kundalini cycles thru a specific flow of chemistry. The general periods for a full-on awakening are 2 years priming, 6 month apex, 3 years peak, 5 years recovery, but awakenings come in all shapes and sizes. The peak-apex of a mature awakening is usually around 6 months, the awakening itself is usually around 3 years, then the assimilation phase is perhaps around 5 years. These figures are almost impossible to contrive because everyone has an awakening specific to themselves. 

Each stage has its particular sensations, symptoms, emotions and thoughts. Broadly speaking the following outlines the linear process. The kundalini process cycles through these phases again and again, creating a hyperbolic wave of nested cycles.

PRIMING--Two or more years of sexual heating, increased creative drive and muse/PSI--Thyroid, sex hormone activation.

INFLUX--Opening, Grace, ecstasy, electrical. Initial Inner-conjunction, Double Helix of energy rising around the spine--Sex with Eros, God's Lightning Bolt.

SHOCK--Major septic shock from influx nitric oxide spike—contraction, panic, sympathetic/adrenal hyper-activation--White Death.

TRANSMUTATION--Fires, Heart-expansions proper, grounding, gravity warping.

MAIN INNER-CONJUNCTION--Full body orgasmic, massive energy up spine, paralysis--Silver Cord, Achieving Ones Self.

DIE-OFF--Ego inoperable, 3-7 days in bed, feels like body is eating itself, catabolic breakdown--Dark Night, Death prior to Resurrection.

HEART-BRAIN SYNC--Mature link; right orbiofrontal-limbic connection activity and associated heart expansion--Penis on the Brain, brain orgasms.

SUBSTANTIATION--Regrowth, building higher quality tissue, integration, calm, wholeness, anabolic--Spiritual Will.

All these cycles have to do with the mechanisms of biological transmutation, but one can talk about it in terms of cell-life duration, homeostatic coping ability, reserves of resources, physical-mental-emotional blockage and resistance, conduciveness of ones environment and rest-recovery-repair.

Below is an excerpt from her chapter titled Kundalini and Schizophrenia 

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php@story=KundaliniandSchizophrenia.html

The perturbation and removal of normal consciousness and the consequent disruption of egoic-metaprogramming is not regression—it is not going backwards—but merely the removal of adaptive/repressive functioning in the present. This creates an entirely new consciousness that has never occurred in ones history, yet may have features similar to infantile being. This loss of the sense of the known self (ego) is standard procedure in many of the extreme kundalini events and in the overall metamorphic process itself. 

Contributing to this perturbation of consensus-adaptive consciousness is both the extreme amplification and expansion of consciousness during peak events and the consequent damage done by neurotransmitters, free radicals and metabolites. The higher we climb above the "norm," the further we thus fall into the downside of these acute neurological events. This is the shamanic journey to the heavens and then into the hell realms. Both extra-normal conditions could be classed as regression by an ignorant observer; but both high and low are equally part of the path toward the emergence of the life of the Soul. There must indeed be a suspension or cataclysmic breakthrough of the norm for the infinitely larger soul’s life to be born. So rather than "regression” in the service of the ego, we could more aptly state that during a kundalini awakening we undergo "suspension” of the ego in the service of the soul.

For those that are breaking out of consensus mind and who are leaning toward inflation or the schizophrenic end of the scale, this vulnerable condition is NOT the time to be intensive meditation, shadow work or primal processing. For these people stabilizing and structure building is needed more than uncovering therapies as the interpenetration of the levels of consciousness proceeds. Humor, because of its trickster element is a great tool for establishing rationality, because laughter builds up the prefrontal lobes. The practices for the periods of unstable integration between the levels of consciousness should be of an embodiment and boundary building nature. Of self-definition through internal exploration via neo-shamanistic practices of a self-originating nature. The work of Miguel Ruiz, Byron Katie and Alberto Villoldo would be valuable at this stage to establish the self/other boundary and build up the core-self.

2 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Free online book -- Biology of Kundalini 

More practical and helpful than reading St. John of the Cross is modern Sage Jana Dixon and her Biology of Kundalini.

There are many different chapters (listed on the left) dealing with elements of emotional upheaval.

Excerpt below from Her Chapter - Phases of Kundalini 

Just like everything else in life kundalini cycles thru a specific flow of chemistry. The general periods for a full-on awakening are 2 years priming, 6 month apex, 3 years peak, 5 years recovery, but awakenings come in all shapes and sizes. The peak-apex of a mature awakening is usually around 6 months, the awakening itself is usually around 3 years, then the assimilation phase is perhaps around 5 years. These figures are almost impossible to contrive because everyone has an awakening specific to themselves. 

Each stage has its particular sensations, symptoms, emotions and thoughts. Broadly speaking the following outlines the linear process. The kundalini process cycles through these phases again and again, creating a hyperbolic wave of nested cycles.

PRIMING--Two or more years of sexual heating, increased creative drive and muse/PSI--Thyroid, sex hormone activation.

INFLUX--Opening, Grace, ecstasy, electrical. Initial Inner-conjunction, Double Helix of energy rising around the spine--Sex with Eros, God's Lightning Bolt.

SHOCK--Major septic shock from influx nitric oxide spike—contraction, panic, sympathetic/adrenal hyper-activation--White Death.

TRANSMUTATION--Fires, Heart-expansions proper, grounding, gravity warping.

MAIN INNER-CONJUNCTION--Full body orgasmic, massive energy up spine, paralysis--Silver Cord, Achieving Ones Self.

DIE-OFF--Ego inoperable, 3-7 days in bed, feels like body is eating itself, catabolic breakdown--Dark Night, Death prior to Resurrection.

HEART-BRAIN SYNC--Mature link; right orbiofrontal-limbic connection activity and associated heart expansion--Penis on the Brain, brain orgasms.

SUBSTANTIATION--Regrowth, building higher quality tissue, integration, calm, wholeness, anabolic--Spiritual Will.

All these cycles have to do with the mechanisms of biological transmutation, but one can talk about it in terms of cell-life duration, homeostatic coping ability, reserves of resources, physical-mental-emotional blockage and resistance, conduciveness of ones environment and rest-recovery-repair.

Below is an excerpt from her chapter titled Kundalini and Schizophrenia 

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php@story=KundaliniandSchizophrenia.html

The perturbation and removal of normal consciousness and the consequent disruption of egoic-metaprogramming is not regression—it is not going backwards—but merely the removal of adaptive/repressive functioning in the present. This creates an entirely new consciousness that has never occurred in ones history, yet may have features similar to infantile being. This loss of the sense of the known self (ego) is standard procedure in many of the extreme kundalini events and in the overall metamorphic process itself. 

Contributing to this perturbation of consensus-adaptive consciousness is both the extreme amplification and expansion of consciousness during peak events and the consequent damage done by neurotransmitters, free radicals and metabolites. The higher we climb above the "norm," the further we thus fall into the downside of these acute neurological events. This is the shamanic journey to the heavens and then into the hell realms. Both extra-normal conditions could be classed as regression by an ignorant observer; but both high and low are equally part of the path toward the emergence of the life of the Soul. There must indeed be a suspension or cataclysmic breakthrough of the norm for the infinitely larger soul’s life to be born. So rather than "regression” in the service of the ego, we could more aptly state that during a kundalini awakening we undergo "suspension” of the ego in the service of the soul.

For those that are breaking out of consensus mind and who are leaning toward inflation or the schizophrenic end of the scale, this vulnerable condition is NOT the time to be intensive meditation, shadow work or primal processing. For these people stabilizing and structure building is needed more than uncovering therapies as the interpenetration of the levels of consciousness proceeds. Humor, because of its trickster element is a great tool for establishing rationality, because laughter builds up the prefrontal lobes. The practices for the periods of unstable integration between the levels of consciousness should be of an embodiment and boundary building nature. Of self-definition through internal exploration via neo-shamanistic practices of a self-originating nature. The work of Miguel Ruiz, Byron Katie and Alberto Villoldo would be valuable at this stage to establish the self/other boundary and build up the core-self.

That’s a lot to take in

I just hope that going along with it and being humble get me through

11 hours ago, Preetom said:

2t1hwl.jpg

God is love

And God in them

@Zigzag Idiot did you feel like you had nowhere to turn for help. Like you were alone on the “world”

That's both funny and sad

???

2t1jx3.jpg

God is love

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

@Shin  what part is funny to you?

The part where I have to or I'd scream in my flat xD 

God is love

And God in them