clouffy

I hate science

13 posts in this topic

How do I go through college/ study biosciences when I built up resistance towards the reductionist approach because of listening to more spiritual materials?

Part of what turns people off about science is that it often wants to be the arbitrator of what is "true" and how nature works. There can be an air of assumption and arrogance. For me, when I can look beyond that - biology is a fascinating story. 

You may lose interest in science and want to pursue more creative or mystical endeavors. If you have to take a couple science courses, I would avoid hyper-logical professors - go for the ones that are more quirky and have some hippy in them. They are better at teaching the underlying wonder and elegance of science and to integrate it with things like art and psychology. 

@clouffy We’re typically living past 25, and having sex without having a baby every time. Thank you science ??.    Listen to better spiritual materials, it’s all inclusive, not contrary to....and self inquire. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@clouffy the goal of science is to build useful models of reality, so that you can use a smartphone or even go through surgery and come out alive.

models of reality are not the Truth. real scientists know this.

unborn Truth

Just because a model like science is very surface level doesn't mean it doesn't have its uses. The model basically is predicting direct experiences from direct experiences.

@clouffy  For me, it's about perspective. I get turned off by "Orange level" scientists that are hyper-rational and think things like science proves god doesn't exist and spirituality is woo woo. I think Deepak Chopra is a good model for how to integrate science and spirituality. 

Also, consider what area of science you may pursue. If you go hardcore traditional science and work in the pharmaceutical industry developing drugs - you won't be exposed to much spirituality. Yet if you go into areas like the neuroscience of yoga, meditation and psychedelics you will see a lot more overlap with spirituality. Other examples would include the neuroscience of "flow states" found in athletes and musicians that hit "the zone". Brain scans are rapidly improving and there is a whole new area opening up. These are just my interests in science, there are others.

1 hour ago, clouffy said:

I hate science

I don't blame you. I used to love science. I looked up to the mainstream scientists, took Engineering, read scientific books... Just to grow out of it. 

I realized that at the current stage, science has very deep roots in materialism. It is serving our stage Orage culture. It is deeply in bed with business and "success" culture. Science is not done for science's sake, but to serve companies and push new products. Even government-funded research has lots of ties to local business. Science became a tool for materialistic prosperity. 

Not to mention what is going on in big universities.  Bureaucracy everywhere. You are hammered with non-practical content. The education is very expensive. No teacher-student relationship. 

(This is not a critique of science, but more how it is used by our culture)

That's not the case with everything of course. There are true scientists who are passionate about what they do. Those are real experts, They have a very logical and analytical type of mind. They have a certain attitude about science. Doing science is their Life Purpose, and they actualize it. For them, doing it is not even a question. 

However, judging by the fact that you are hesitant, science might not be for you. And that's totally legit. I took me while a realize that engineering might not be for me. Don't go to study science because you, or your peers, think it's cool. Don't do it for money or prestige either. 

You have to know your personality, your strengths, and weaknesses. What you are actually interested in. Try to recall the happiest moments of your life, what were you engaged in?

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@clouffy Science does not have to be reductionist.

You can study science using a holistic, integral approach.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

First off I would recommend learning the difference between light and white or dark and black, both have colour, but one is yin and the other yang, if that makes sense, and these are analogies used by many of the early quantum physicists. Once you have learned that you can turn to theories of time-travel, one such theory being about connecting "black" holes - read "dark" holes to "white" holes - read "light" holes, again, yin and yang. This is the frame work, turning it into maths is still an open question for many, be prepared to work through the pain on paper even if you get a scholarship, maths on a computer generally is more trouble than its worth, but you need to know how to do it to advance into academia. I currently teach according to the material means of the student, my teaching is mostly algebraic to do with management at this stage so is more likely to be what you are looking when you have completed a course on calculus.